Curious what game that's actually from.

Yup, considering the Gamespot overlay it's gotta be out somewhere.. I don't recognise it though.

I was thinking about this protagonists/antagonist thing. They shouldn't have told us that... now we know its kind of inevitable that we will need to kill one of them towards the end. But will we get to chose which to kill off? There could be a chance of multiple outcomes through-out this game as well as alternative endings.

Could be cool, if the game ended in a mexican standoff between the three. And in the last second, you choose one of them to shoot the others.

If that was three alt endings, that would suck lol Unless there was more to it of course.

Yeah I didn't really think it through..

I just think mexican standoffs are cool, and would like to experience them in a rockstar game.

*Waits impatiently for the possibility of it happening in Red Dead 3...*

I was thinking that too. it slows too much, taking you away from the action too much. I doubt you'd need to switch up this often in mission anyway. I'm sure V will be much quicker and smoother.

Using a "Google view" as referenced in the article, it's a plausible and fun fan design. It may seem a bit slow, but I thought it did a smooth transition visually between POVs. I like the idea of getting a moment to see what situation the new character is in before taking control of him, it gives you a chance to orient yourself and change gears.

I wonder what happens if one of them dies, mission failure?

Seems like it could get annoying pretty quickly...

Or like, your almost about to die, or get busted..... What happens then, you just switch players?

Using a "Google view" as referenced in the article, it's a plausible and fun fan design. It may seem a bit slow, but I thought it did a smooth transition visually between POVs. I like the idea of getting a moment to see what situation the new character is in before taking control of him, it gives you a chance to orient yourself and change gears.

There has to be some time for it to load, i bet the google earth thing is a well disguised loading screen. I cant see the open world switching being that fast for this reason, i expect in mission to be instant though.

Since the game informer article detailed that whole "google earth" zoom out to locate the other playable characters, has anybody thought of that early map leak as a plausible, genuine, bonafide leak?

This one:

gta-V-leaked-map.jpg

Those white blips could be the two other characters to choose from. I'm not trying to validate the leak and I honestly didn't do too much homework regarding whether this was proved false or not, but the grayed out map is very reminiscent of GTA 4's bleak looking map. Either way, this map was supposedly leaked many, many months ago, before the Game Informer article stated anything about a "google earth" style zoom out to choose characters.

Does anybody know whether this map was proven wrong? If not, could this be what the player will see when we switch in between characters?

Yet, now that I look at this, there's an area called "Onlay Hills" on this map, which, in my opinion is referring to real life Beverly Hills. Yet, in the Game Informer article, Michael is said to live in "Rockford Hills" which is GTA V's version of Beverly Hills...so, now that I think about it...yeah, this map is probably fake...

There is way too much urban area for it to be real. It sounds like the countryside/desert is going to take up most of the map, and that map is about 70% urban.

And that's aside from the name issue you mentioned, and there's no Blaine County, either.

After reading a few pages, everyone seems to be favoring Trevor.

He appears to me as a redneck. I can dig that. I don't care so much about his crazy/psychotic behavior.

I can just relate to the redneck thing.

As being southern and redneck go hand in hand.

To answer the question, I think I'll(much like everyone it seems) play as Trevor the most.

He seems to be the "everyman" of the group. If that makes any sense.

As the three protags have different skill sets, so if they have different sets of guns to each protag then I'll choose the protagonist with the most badass weapons...

otherwise I'll choose Trevor...

Another note, Rockstar has confirmed that this will take place in the IV universe and we might see some character's from IV in the game (not major ones tho like Niko). Who do you guys think these people will me?

I think one of the McReary brother will re-appear, in my opinion