His model may not have been complete in time for the first trailer and screenshots, but it's absolutely impossible that he wasn't even conceived by November last year. I'll add an extra 40 bucks to QD's competition if I'm wrong.

i just thought of something....in the trailer where you see the Bugstar guys getting out of the van, the main one is deffinitely Michael and if you pause at the right moment you can see who i believ to be Franklin in the front seat of the van. So, who are the other two guys? definitely not Trevor...gta-5-trailer-1-he-has-back-up.jpg

Trevor could actually be driving, so we can't see him, but who knows. This could just be a specific Michael and Franklin duo mission.

They did say there was going to be a LOT more heists, with planning and preparation being more important so I expect a lot of these robbery missions.

i just thought of something....in the trailer where you see the Bugstar guys getting out of the van, the main one is deffinitely Michael and if you pause at the right moment you can see who i believ to be Franklin in the front seat of the van. So, who are the other two guys? definitely not Trevor...gta-5-trailer-1-he-has-back-up.jpg

That would back up the theory that they came up with Trevor after the first trailer and thats why he wasn't in it.

Franklin is definatly the driver. The guy getting out the right rear door is probably an early design for Trevor.

• Like 1

Trevor could actually be driving, so we can't see him, but who knows. This could just be a specific Michael and Franklin duo mission.

They did say there was going to be a LOT more heists, with planning and preparation being more important so I expect a lot of these robbery missions.

He could be driving. I can 100% say he would have been designed way before the city was even built. You never start production without a well thought out pre-production, i.e characters, They're very important from the get go.

Anyone even though that the bald guy is Franklin's 'crazy' friend Lamar?

• Like 1

I'm going to assume "Lamar" is black. Not only because Franklin is black, but Lamar is the blackest fucking name in the world, along with 'Malik' and 'Tyrone', greatly contrasting the name 'Franklin' which I thought became extinct in 1789.

That guy is too white to be black.

• Like 1

Possibly. However at the moment there is no real way of telling, he could be mixed or he could just have a tan. It would be easier to identify his ethnicity if he actually had hair.

And if he was Lamar, I would think he would look slightly younger, not that we can see much of him anyway... He looks more like 'Ron', Trevor's friend, but I don't know if his personality suits a heist.

Could that guy on the right not be packie mccreary?

What a waste of a first post, it almost made me break down in tears.

But to answer your question: No. That guy is Michael, one of the three protagonists to be in GTA V.

• Like 1

But to answer your question: No. That guy is Michael, one of the three protagonists to be in GTA V.

he was talking about the guy getting out the back on the right. the guy with the buzzcut

He could be driving. I can 100% say he would have been designed way before the city was even built. You never start production without a well thought out pre-production, i.e characters, They're very important from the get go.

Q. Do you start with a place, or with the qualities and themes you want to address?

A (Dan Houser). The longest part of the process of making one of these games is making the world. If this wasn’t the right way to do it, which I think it probably is, anyway, just from a pure production standpoint you have to start building the world as soon as possible. We start with the place, and then the characters come out from the place.

• Like 1

I think the circled bald guy was just an early version of trevor..... And if you look closely there is a black guy in a tank top driving the van..... Im assuming that's franklin since he is a "repo" man.

I'm going to use Trevor in the ghetto, Micheal in the hillbilly hick towns, and Franklin in the more wealthy districts to shake things up.

One other thing, Do you guys think it would be possible to find the other Protags and fuck with cops and peds for fun, kinda like Dawyne's "boys" in GTAIV? That would awesome to me.

he was talking about the guy getting out the back on the right. the guy with the buzzcut

Q. Do you start with a place, or with the qualities and themes you want to address?

A (Dan Houser). The longest part of the process of making one of these games is making the world. If this wasn’t the right way to do it, which I think it probably is, anyway, just from a pure production standpoint you have to start building the world as soon as possible. We start with the place, and then the characters come out from the place.

Yeah i read this part in the mag. But main characters don't just come from the world. That's not how it works. When you start building a city, that's called production. There has to be a loose plot and typical characters to build on, which is part of the pre-production process. Mission characters and other tidbits were probably what Dan was talking about. It would be far to expensive *(time wise, as well as resources) to just randomly chuck a story together after making the city.

They probably did start out with only one of those three as the main characters, but at some point in pre-production decided to make that their core idea, and build upon it. They could have changed parts of the city to cater the story, and altered the story to fit the game. It's all an evolutional process. Trevor may well have looked different to begin with, but i don't think he would have changed at all from the trailer we got last year, that's way too late into production to make those sort of changes

The only reason i stated this to begin with is because i have just finished a three year games course, of which we were taken through the entire process of game design. The three cores of this process are pre-production, production and post-production, just like film.

• Like 1

I chopped together this wallpaper for my PC, thought i'd share it here too. :)

FrankMicTrev_Wallpaper.png

I'm all out of 'likes', but this is fantastic.

Also, agreed with what you said about main characters. Dan writes GTA's for a long time. We're talking near the end of IV's production.

The "Ocean's Three" will certainly have to recruit additional crew for some of the heist missions. Maybe he's an expendable 'red shirt' dude that gets shot during this particular robbery, since he doesn't look like Trevor at all.

So, I was scrolling through my facebook newsfeed, and I bumped into this. I liked a facebook page called "Ryder", and the guy posted this.

"This is a thumbnail from the ONLY real leaked GTA V gameplay. Its from the first mission. Within minutes of the video being uploaded, rockstar removed and closed the page. All thats left is this thumbnail. Enjoy."534034_426567144079125_1188958673_n.jpg

Oh sorry, immediately after this picture, he posted this, but he made this himself I think

"Rockstar also announced that GTA V's map will be larger than San Andreas, Red Dead, and GTA IV COMBINEDDDDDDD. This should give you a huge idea on the map size."

14407_426568324079007_553621847_n.png

This is the guys page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ryder/415705438498629

• Like 1

There looks like theres a new gameplay element on the bottom right, possibly a speedometer? Or maybe a fuel gauge?

WHAT Thats not fake look at the grafiks!