Sign in to follow this  
Asthenia

GameInformer Issue Cover and Discussion

It's the San Andreas we all know and love, who care about what character we play as. Besides, San An took place in the 90's, CJ would be like 45 if he was in GTA V.

2 out of 3 characters in gta 5 will be at mid 40 so what would be the problem in that age? Anyway I am sure that in missions or at least one some dude looking like CJ will be present just to make little blink for CJ fans lol Still everything is possible. All that discussion about characters in gta 5 makes me feel uncomfortable because I wanted to see full character creation on game beginning for those who like immersion and want to make themselves or just some character that they like. That way those who want to play as CJ they would make him. But in that case there would be some problem. Voice acting. But for me as I would make my own character there would be cool if they would make separate story. Character made by player would not necessary need voice. It would be like claude from gta 3. Silent protagonist. But instead they chose to make 3 characters. It is good but what I dont like is that there is option to switch between them at any time. For me it ruins immersion. Even if I would not use it there would be discomfort to know that I can transfer to another body like in movie "fallen" where azazel uses his powers to travel between bodies. For me it does not fit to GTA series and I strongly dont like this.

What we need is a break down picture analysis on all the new pictures from the GI magazine. I keep finding bits and pieces, but no dedicated area to talk about just the pictures themselves.

I really like the one where the guy is rappelling down the building, and the fact that you can see inside a few offices. Most of the other offices on the sides all looked blacked out though for obvious reasons. The country side pictures give us a grasp on the scale of the game, it looks huge. I've spotted several new vehicles as well.

My favorite picture is of the military jet blowing up the helicopter. Air combat will he fun. I likes it in San Andreas and in Just Cause 2. Hopefully we have the ability to lock onto targets to make them easier to shoot when we are flying at faster speeds.

I ain't overly impressed.

The shots look stunning, i agree with that. But the trailer for GTA 4 looked nearly as good and it came out looking a little more rough around the edges than first perceived.

Three protagonists i like. I like they all sort of link in some form. Michael is my favorite due to the witness protection thing, feels a bit new and fresh.

But i see nothing new here. Maybe i missed it. It is bigger, well duh! i assumed as much. Less RPG type things - huh not really caring too much but ok maybe that was just not needed.

It just feels like a re hash of GTA 4. Tbh i wanted it to be the best of PS2 era with the graphics and interesting story of GTA 4. I wont be disappointed with it but i just expected more *shrugs*

I think the article was written poorly. It mainly drolls on about how gta was made and what wont be in the game....

Edit about 10 pages out of that article and youd be a lot more excited....

I never saw a article go on for so long about what a game didnt have as this article did..

The shots look stunning, i agree with that. But the trailer for GTA 4 looked nearly as good and it came out looking a little more rough around the edges than first perceived.

Three protagonists i like. I like they all sort of link in some form. Michael is my favorite due to the witness protection thing, feels a bit new and fresh.

But i see nothing new here. Maybe i missed it. It is bigger, well duh! i assumed as much. Less RPG type things - huh not really caring too much but ok maybe that was just not needed.

It just feels like a re hash of GTA 4. Tbh i wanted it to be the best of PS2 era with the graphics and interesting story of GTA 4. I wont be disappointed with it but i just expected more *shrugs*

I think the article was written poorly. It mainly drolls on about how gta was made and what wont be in the game....

I never saw a article go on for so long about what a game didnt have as this article did..

Yeah I noticed that as well, I just wanted to know about GTA V, not the in depth history of Rockstar Games, to be honest.

Yeah I noticed that as well, I just wanted to know about GTA V, not the in depth history of Rockstar Games, to be honest.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice how to story wasn't very...well, I can't think of a good word for it. Obviously I'm sure some of it is because R* didn't want to reveal too much, so the story was confined to what they could get....but there it definately brought up more questions than it answered.

One being when they mentioned how big the map was, how it would be larger than RDR, LC, etc. combined. Can the game fit on a single Xbox disc or will it require more than one due to the massive scale. It doesn't matter to me since I have a PS3, too...but I'm still quite curious as I would prefer the Xbox version.

What I am wondering is: Is this the last information we'll get before release? Except those German or Dutch articles on the 12th and the trailer on the 14th. To me, it's extremely strange that the cover art hasn't been released yet since now the protagonists have been revealed, along with the basics of their storyline.

What I am wondering is: Is this the last information we'll get before release? Except those German or Dutch articles on the 12th and the trailer on the 14th. To me, it's extremely strange that the cover art hasn't been released yet since now the protagonists have been revealed, along with the basics of their storyline.

i think theyre keeping quiet about other big details, eg map type, places etc. either cause its a surprise for us, or that one of the many maps claiming to be GTA V SA is real, and any clue will point at the real one, giving most of the details away.

i rather they give out minimal details, be vague about everything, and let us find out.

I was talking about the cover art, It would be fucking stupid if they didn't release the box art this year in my opinion. Unless it's not even done, which is a possibility.

I hope they keep the GTA tradition alive and make a "tour guide" type manual with FULL credit's in the back (something max payne 3 didnt have, which was dissapointing for me) and have it come with a map of course. Honestly if Rockstar doesn't give us a map and a tour guide manual I will be deeply upset.

The reason I bring this up is because L.A. Noire didn't have a map and Max Payne 3 didn't have credit's in the back. i hope Rockstar isn't slipping on thier manual design.... One of the only publisher's that still does a manual...

• Like 1

I hope they keep the GTA tradition alive and make a "tour guide" type manual with FULL credit's in the back (something max payne 3 didnt have, which was dissapointing for me) and have it come with a map of course. Honestly if Rockstar doesn't give us a map and a tour guide manual I will be deeply upset.

The reason I bring this up is because L.A. Noire didn't have a map and Max Payne 3 didn't have credit's in the back. i hope Rockstar isn't slipping on thier manual design.... One of the only publisher's that still does a manual...

Yea I love reading that shit when I can't play the game itself. And I will probably put the map up on my wall or something, depending on what it looks like.

That's what i do while the game is installing....... And i don't want Rockstar's standards to slip. That is like a GTA tradition right there.

@ DuP If you really didn't give a "shit" about others opinion why did you respond to the comment? ALOT of people would like the Gang culture, the ability to purchase homes and the RPG elements. And whos to say that there isn't? And seriously who said that moving forward is always for the better? Sometimes drfiting to the past has a better outcome to future video games. Im going to bitch about the chars cuz they look Boring..well franklin looks kinda rough but two old dudes..idk just kinda remind me of kayn and lynch.

How much are you actually going to be able to do in the game? I mean how can you tell what you can and can't do. If the trailer is anything to go by, then I am a little bit skeptical because R* confirmed there would be no property buying, yet in the trailer it showed a guy hammering in a "For Sale" sign in front of his house. Its shows weightlifting, but are we going to be able to do that since there is no rpg-elements in the game (Muscle/Fat gain, etc.)? Its says no fishing zone at the start of the trailer, so does that mean we can fish somewhere? It shows the Del Perro Pier in the trailer and the pre-order bonuses, but are we going to be able to ride the Roller-coaster or the Ferris wheel? It show gambling symbols on Liquor Ace store and hookers talking to a guy in the car, but are we going to be able to pick them up or gamble? Endless questions.

I've said it before, Michael looks ALOT like my father.

And on top of that, when I read the article, I saw that his son was 20 years old and smokes a lot of weed.. That's Me!

• Like 1

And on top of that, when I read the article, I saw that his son was 20 years old and smokes a lot of weed.. That's Me!

Is your Father Ned Luke? :P

Is your Father Ned Luke? :P

Did your father move for the weather?

• Like 2

If the trailer is anything to go by, then I am a little bit skeptical because R* confirmed there would be no property buying, yet in the trailer it showed a guy hammering in a "For Sale" sign in front of his house. Its shows weightlifting, but are we going to be able to do that since there is no rpg-elements in the game (Muscle/Fat gain, etc.)?

Those are likely just world details/pedestrian actions. Some of them could be side-mission related like stranger missions.

Its says no fishing zone at the start of the trailer, so does that mean we can fish somewhere?

After learning yoga is in the game, fishing seems possible but I still think that is just world details. There's no parking signs so does that mean we get tickets if we park there? Very unlikely.

It shows the Del Perro Pier in the trailer and the pre-order bonuses, but are we going to be able to ride the Roller-coaster or the Ferris wheel?

The Del Perro Pier screenshot shows no cars on the ferris wheel. So it seems we won't be able to ride that and possibly the rollercoaster too at this point.

next page

It show gambling symbols on Liquor Ace store and hookers talking to a guy in the car, but are we going to be able to pick them up or gamble? Endless questions.

By "gambling symbols" I assume you mean the card suits. It's called *Ace* Liquors. They went with a playing card theme. I'm certain hookers will return.

Treefitty, in this picture

http://www.igta5.com/images/official-gta-v-artwork-beach-weather.jpg

There are cars on the ferris wheel, which screenshot are you referring too?

Treefitty, in this picture

http://www.igta5.com...ach-weather.jpg

There are cars on the ferris wheel, which screenshot are you referring too?

Hes referring to the Del Perro Pier screenshot, but i think the picture was just distorted due to the picture being taken of an image so small.

@ DuP If you really didn't give a "shit" about others opinion why did you respond to the comment? ALOT of people would like the Gang culture, the ability to purchase homes and the RPG elements. And whos to say that there isn't? And seriously who said that moving forward is always for the better? Sometimes drfiting to the past has a better outcome to future video games. Im going to bitch about the chars cuz they look Boring..well franklin looks kinda rough but two old dudes..idk just kinda remind me of kayn and lynch.

If you want to drift to the past then pop in san andreas. This is a new game so moving forward is definatly for the better. Plus the 3 protagonists sound great, I have a feeling you're just alittle butt hurt that one of the protagonists isn't CJ or some wana be gang banger. Trevor, one of the "old dudes" you speak of, seems more bad ass than any protagonist we've had before. I think some people have had the misconception that 5 would be like san andreas 2. Embrace the change.

And speak for yourself rather than saying "alot of people" like you have the majority on your back. Personally I'm thrilled the game doesn't revolve around gangs, mainly because it's played out and I'm tired of the wana be hood pop culture. And I'm really glad the RPG elements aren't back. If I'm going to spend time working out it's going to be in real life. And I could care less about buying houses.. It's not like I spend any time there. We get a mansion, a trailer, and something in between from the start. Sounds good enough for saving your game and storeing cars.

The game looks amazing. I really hope people like you don't make any developers at R* feel bad about their hard work. Because although complainers are the minority, they spam the newswire which makes them look like the majority.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this