Sign in to follow this  
Asthenia

GameInformer Issue Cover and Discussion

Bigger than:

San Andreas (13.9mi^2)

RDR (roughly 20mi^2)

GTA IV (roughly 8mi^2)

= roughly 41.9mi^2 with room to spare

Therefore I estimate the map to be roughly 47mi^2 (80km^2), which is absoultely MASSIVE if you think about the level of detail mentioned in the article.

So what exclusive minigames do you think each character gets?

trevor - drug smuggling, racketeering, robberies ...

micheal - high stakes jobs, assassinations, planning heists and big jobs for paying customers...

franklin - entrepreneur... jack of all trades, carjacking, drug distribution, gang related jobs...

• Like 1

So what exclusive minigames do you think each character gets?

trevor - drug smuggling, racketeering, robberies ...

micheal - high stakes jobs, assassinations, planning heists and big jobs for paying customers...

franklin - entrepreneur... jack of all trades, carjacking, drug distribution, gang related jobs...

That sounds great. I will definitely be playing as Trevor a lot if that's the case.

So by the look's of it the whole map will be open from the start..... Im not sure how i feel about that..... i used to like unlocking new parts.... Gave you MORE incentive to play through the story....

So by the look's of it the whole map will be open from the start..... Im not sure how i feel about that..... i used to like unlocking new parts.... Gave you MORE incentive to play through the story....

No more easy way to get the '4 stars for 5 minutes' style achievment.

After reading over "the heist" mission again, im starting to like the idea of multiple protagonists. So now if I don't wan't to drive the helicopter, i can just switch to Michael and shoot the other helicopter's out of the sky..... Im starting to like this idea...

Read the article then went and pre-ordered

Can't fucking wait cos it sounds all good to me so far.

I am a casual gamer so don't really care about multiplayer or RPG aspects - just want a good story with interesting characters and that R* sense of humour.

I am easily satisfied

One thing that scares me is that they changed the driving physics...... Hoping to god the cars don't drive like they did in sleeping dogs or midnight club. i thought the car hangling was perfect in IV.

So i was thinking... In GTA games you unlock more parts of the map as you progress throughout the story. Like in GTA IV the first island was unlocked in the begining, then 2nd, then 3rd. Though you can try to visit those locked areas you'll be struck with a 6 star wanted level with little chance of surviving for long... Character development is a necessity as well as mission deversity. With 3 playable characters, and the merging of story lines, I doubt we'll see our protags encounter each other right off the bat. Michael lives in Rockford Hills (beverly hills), Trevor lives in Blaine Country (desert), and Franklin lives in south los santos(Idk if thats in the ghetto but his neighbor lives in a trailer so im going to assume so.) My thought was that unlike in previous gta games, the majority of the map will be unlocked at the begining of the game. Each character will have there own district to explore. So Michael can't visit Trevors district and Franklin can't visit Michaels without the result of a 6 star wanted level. This opens up tons deversity in gameplay a lot faster than in previous gta titles. Players have specific skill sets with each character. One moment you could be flying a plane in the desert with Trevor, and the the next you could be stealing cars (in a complete different setting) with Franklin. And of course over time as the encounter each other, the map opens up to everyone you play as.

What do you guys think? Does it sound possible?

So pretty much im saying is that I don't want the driving to feel arcady.....

So i was thinking... In GTA games you unlock more parts of the map as you progress throughout the story. Like in GTA IV the first island was unlocked in the begining, then 2nd, then 3rd. Though you can try to visit those locked areas you'll be struck with a 6 star wanted level with little chance of surviving for long... Character development is a necessity as well as mission deversity. With 3 playable characters, and the merging of story lines, I doubt we'll see our protags encounter each other right off the bat. Michael lives in Rockford Hills (beverly hills), Trevor lives in Blaine Country (desert), and Franklin lives in south los santos(Idk if thats in the ghetto but his neighbor lives in a trailer so im going to assume so.) My thought was that unlike in previous gta games, the majority of the map will be unlocked at the begining of the game. Each character will have there own district to explore. So Michael can't visit Trevors district and Franklin can't visit Michaels without the result of a 6 star wanted level. This opens up tons deversity in gameplay a lot faster than in previous gta titles. Players have specific skill sets with each character. One moment you could be flying a plane in the desert with Trevor, and the the next you could be stealing cars (in a complete different setting) with Franklin. And of course over time as the encounter each other, the map opens up to everyone you play as.

And that would be a horrible idea..... If your gonna open up the whole map right form the get go...... Then make it open. No restriction's for certain characters.

thats what iwas figuring

I dont think there will be any restrictions, i think its a part of taking the game in a new direction, there trying to make it different from the other gta's

• Like 1

I dont think there will be any restrictions, i think its a part of taking the game in a new direction, there trying to make it different from the other gta's

They made a point of saying you can fly early on. People need to use their common sense.. you're not going to fly into an invisible wall heading towards the city in Trevor's CESSNA. They're going for rooted in reality.

• Like 1

If the map is open from the start (which from what they said, it is) they're obviously confident that the map is big enough to be reward g to the player. If the map was Liberty City sized, this wouldn't work. They only restricted IV because of its size.

Hello guys. Long time, no post. :) I have been watching all the threads though, but I wasn't posting because I'm that lazy. Anyway, something bugs me and I wanted to ask you, maybe you paid more attention than me.

Is there a mention about the dog (or animals in general) in the magazine? I've read it briefly but I was too excited to pay attention to everything.

Still excited about the game but not as much as I was before reading GI.I'm pretty neutral regarding the 3 protag thing, it has some good stuff and some bad stuff, but we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.I don't know about you guys but I liked how in SA and other gta's you unlocked new areas to explore as you progressed,so i'm not with the idea of evrything being accessible with the 3 characters like that.

Another thing, and I'm sure it's still too early to talk about,but i just hope that the heist jobs maintain their good quality,Since in the previous gta games, the heist was this one big special mission that "sticks out" compared to the rest,I don't want it to become just another mission especially when they're talking about several of it.It also makes me believe that we'll never see those heists were you do several missions previously in preparation.I just dind't like gta 4's approach.

The lack of character customization and property buying are another disappointment.

But that's just about it , I'm sure there are some pretty interesting stuff to make up for this.

trevor reminded me of this actor in some pics >>

http://3.bp.blogspot...odd%20stashwick

533987_10152245450350483_175995510_n.jpg

He looks more like this guy http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000604/

My concern now is - if it's all on one disk (360), where do they cut corners? This is ENORMOUS. Skyrim is 6gb's if I'm correct? at 14.3 miles squared.

Sign in to follow this