Sign in to follow this  
Asthenia

GameInformer Issue Cover and Discussion

If the include the ocean was part of the map, id say they are really pulling our legs as to how big the map will be....

I find it hard to believe that his map estimation is correct, unless he is including the ocean, meh.

That's where they can "cheat" by including vertical area as map area. Sort of like square footage of buildings. The footprint is a size but the floor area is that times the amount of floors.

That's the way I see it. So what if we can't travel 100 miles across the map in 2 dimensions. The third dimension will add plenty of map to explore.

and to be honest, in the new screens, i see plenty of roaming area, not including vertical space as you've alluded to... this map is so big that even adding a few coral reefs and snow caps won't even be noticed by most... they'll be too busy trying to do a barrel roll in between 2 trees while bigfoot waves his fist at you...

@QD - yea, i don't want to see the ocean eat up a lot of the space either.. there shouldn't be much out there, unless we can head to HAWAII!!! !11!!!1!!!

• Like 2

But I keep thinking, if its only one main city, where will we fly too? I'm assuming there will be small dirt strips and such and the military base maybe, But how many airports are in LA?

The land area is huge, i can tell that from the screens...

But, rdr map would be good enough, so when they say bigger than rdr, gta sa, and gta4... I want them to mean it and not base it off some technicality, that is all...

• Like 2

Some subscriber will post the issue here for us? :P

http://fast1195.imgu...uto_5_gi_reveal

hopefully be on here as soon as its out

i'm so glad i opened this link in another tab wayy before the article was released because at 8pm the forums were down and i would've been tortured till it came back up so thank you to the poster :D as for the details about the game the diea of playing as 3 protaganists sounds really interesting and the screenshots look amazing!!

I was thinking though, imagine being chased by cops on a 5-star wanted level with Michael, then switchin to Franklin and after a couple of hours switching back to Michael...it would so cool if the chase or shootout was continuing somewhere else on the map or something along them lines

aw lol. the guy who work's for Game Informer,

so does any one think the game will get delayed? or do you think it's already had its internal unannounced setbacks, and that's why we are getting a new trailer a year after the first. and that everything is on track for spring 2013, no delays?>

so does any one think the game will get delayed? or do you think it's already had its internal unannounced setbacks, and that's why we are getting a new trailer a year after the first. and that everything is on track for spring 2013, no delays?>

I would like to think thats why they waited so long to announce a release date. If you remember when the game was first announced there were a lot of rumors that the game would release in oct. 2012. Hopefully that was the original release date and its already been pushed back.

I hope it's the latter, that GTA IV delay killed me a little bit inside :P

but as a company that should be unacceptable, they should be working to avoid delays. just because they make amazing games, doesn't give them a free pass for continued delayed releases. i really hope the year long wait for a new trailer is an indication to internal delays and setbacks. and the public release will be made in spring 2013.

Another thing... will each character have his own set of missions, or will each character play the same mission depending on who you are....

i assumed each character had their own missions, i thought it said that in the GI mag, that 'franklin' went and picked up a car to repo'

and then every so often they were all involved in the same missions ?

i am thinking they have separate missions, with numerous ones linked together, after finishing all the required missions for each protag to get the main mission underway that links all the characters together... i really think they want you to explore the game as 3 different characters...

Sign in to follow this