Sign in to follow this  
Asthenia

GameInformer Issue Cover and Discussion

Well regardless if it's good or bad. I still want the next GTA to have one protagonist..... It will make this one feel more special, and it will make it feel vintage GTA.

Fair Enough. But keep that feeling because I bet this new feature will surprise you. -_-

People seem to forget that multiple protagonist during gameplay is a choice... Whether or not you can stick with one character through-out the whole game is still questionable. But for all the closed-minded people wanting one protag, just play as the one you like the most.... simples.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who think's playing "dynamic" music during a mission is a stupid idea?

nope, and as a matter of fact, there never was any music playing while in a mission, it was always the sounds of the streets... after a while you won't even notice it, or find yourself humming it while scaling a building...

i think after reading the article, they seemed to of found a good balance for the characters... you can switch to them at any time, or not at all if you don't want to... there might be a few instances where the game forces you to, but you're living the lives of 3 separate people at the same time, at any time you want... wanna blow shit up with trevor?? boom!! wanna steal some cars with franklin? boom!! wanna take the kids to the arcade?? boom!!

Okay if they do play music during missions, leave it in the missions. i don't want some corny ass beat playing as im walking down the sidewalk, I wanna hear the sound's of Los Santos.

Okay if they do play music during missions, leave it in the missions. i don't want some corny ass beat playing as im walking down the sidewalk, I wanna hear the sound's of Los Santos.

agreed... i'd prefer it to be mission-based...

Just read through the acticle. Really not loving the 3 Protags thing, has actually put me off the game at the moment. Hopefully I'll be happily surprised when the game finally comes out and i get to play it. We will see.

Weeeelll, the new info is some shocking ( yet very predictible ) stuff.I like some things, and i dislike other things, but idk how the game is gonna be just yet...

So if there is no romance, then does this mean there is no strip clubs or picking up hookers? They stated that they didn't do girlfriends, or romance, because it would seem to over complex with three protagonists. Personally I am kind of disappointed that there is no rpg-elements (fat/muscle gain, etc.), property buying, or changing of hairstyle/ tattoos. I am sure that they took those things out to put a wholee lot of newer and more immersive activities!!! As usual I am sure R* won't dissappoint!

Seems like the article covered things they werent doing...

I personally like the comboswitch thing gta5 has going on...

i really like that combo switch idea... i feel like they really tied together that multi-protag idea perfectly... the idea that you can cum and go as you please with each character just makes it really as groundbreaking as they were touting...

Was i the only one surprised the jetski pic wasnt apart of the article? I thought we would see that in there for sure today...

icon11.gif

^I read the gooing to the gym part, you sure there is no muscle gain.

They said it would be impossible for it to look right with all 3 characters and all the animations and clothing. It was easier to do with SA because the graphics were more forgiving.

I still dont know if it was impossible. I mean, saints row you could be a skinny ass chick or a big fat guy and those extremes was a lot more than the differences between the 3 protags.

Not that I give a shit about working out or getting fat.

• Like 1

If the include the ocean was part of the map, id say they are really pulling our legs as to how big the map will be....

I find it hard to believe that his map estimation is correct, unless he is including the ocean, meh.

If the include the ocean was part of the map, id say they are really pulling our legs as to how big the map will be....

I find it hard to believe that his map estimation is correct, unless he is including the ocean, meh.

Yea i agree, i did a double take when i first read that, i feel like its not possible for a map that big to fit on one xbox disc, but then again i could be wrong.

Read it all, decided im gunna skip the game until its hits like £12-£15. its not a GTA any more by the looks of things

LOL.

I'd pay 60 dollars just for the map, much less the missions....

I think the game informer article did a terrible job at building hype for the game, though. Not a lot of information about what was confirmed to be in the game, just a whole lot of what was confirmed not to be in the game...

One sentence about the numerous vehicles in the game, 5 paragraphs about the lack of character customization...

I kinda got the feeling that the author of the article was nonplussed.

i never expected character customization outside of a few clothing articles anyways... car customization is far more of a bigger story if there is any... it's called GTA afterall, cars over threads is how i see it... i want rims, not new kicks..

Well, yeah, im just saying the article wasnt written in a way that builds hype.

There was a lot of exciting things in the article, but they were all glossed ove, compared to detailed explanations why character customations wouldnt come back, why relationships wouldnt come back, ect...

I'm glad those things arnt comming back, but i didnt need a half page explanation either.

That's where they can "cheat" by including vertical area as map area. Sort of like square footage of buildings. The footprint is a size but the floor area is that times the amount of floors.

That's the way I see it. So what if we can't travel 100 miles across the map in 2 dimensions. The third dimension will add plenty of map to explore.

Looks like the skyscrapers have multiple levels, and im fine with them cheating this way, just as long as under water doesnt make up like 25% of their map size calculations

Sign in to follow this