Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

New Screenshot [Shortlist Magazine. 7.11.2012]

Interesting stuff... Don't think the write up on that picture refers to the person in the picture... What it says is info I think we all figured out from the voice over on the first trailer. The only bit that I would say is news is that he is from "The East Coast" which I'm guessing anyone who knows about US accents may be able to figure out.

As for multiple protags... I suspect that could be the case. How though? Can you play the whole game as one then go to the other to replay the whole story, do you jump about from protag to protag throughout the story or have they simply split them up, one protag for each section of the map you unlock.

Being as the three protags that are being suggested (Hollywood Protag (Ned Luke), Hood Protag (Black Guy) and Countryside Protag (Balding old guy)) will probably live in very unique parts of the map I would side with the protags being split by the sections you unlock and that's when the swap occurs.

Who know's though. I guess we will know more later, and purely for shits and giggles I would like to think R* haven't shown us the protag yet...

LOL maybe Rockstar jumped in they're shit for releasing it too early.

agreed... i recon that image was an exclusive for GI only.

looks like a bad guy to me. Still think there'll only be one protag, 40's white dude looks like a cop. So i think it'll be the black dude with the dog.

Come on! You're all in denial!

The article says that you play as an eastcoast gangster who wanted to retire. In the trailer, the narrator says that he wanted to retire from that line of work.

2+2=4. So we can assume that those two people are the same person.

Yet you honestly still want to believe, that the voice from the trailer could belong to the guy with the dog?

People are delusional for another CJ, they assume it's San Andreas all over again so the protag must be CJ.

CJ defo isnt the protagnoist, however way before the trailer his voice actor was seen leaving rockstars building or something like that, it was ages ago, anyway that voice you hear on the trailer isnt CJ and CJ is from the West Coast

But, the black guy definetly is of some importance, he's in 5/10 screenshots and the other screenshots are of ned lukes character, I would say Rockstar would listen to fans and add him into a cutscene or two for a bit of nostalgia, but since they completely ignored everyone about PC, I have doubts.

Actually, another city in the GTA universe called "Carcer City" is located right nearby Liberty City. Also, the city from Bully called "Bullworth" is located somewhere in New England, on the east coast.

I'm sure there are loads more, or they could just make a new city up for purposes of this guys background (Boston or something similar)

I read the panel carefully and I saw the part where it talks about the protagonist. East coast has to be new york since it's dark and kind of gloomy (he did say he moved to LA for benefit of the weather). So my guess is he's an Italian mobster trying to escape the mafia he worked for, but his work isn't necessarily finished.... and if he doesn't finish it, he'll be finished.

Actually, another city in the GTA universe called "Carcer City" is located right nearby Liberty City. Also, the city from Bully called "Bullworth" is located somewhere in New England, on the east coast.

I'm sure there are loads more, or they could just make a new city up for purposes of this guys background (Boston or something similar)

There should be a GTA game set in Carcer City. Although it would have to have too dark of a story for GTA to go with the cities look and feel.

Anyway Im sure our "east coast gangster" comes from Liberty City. That way we can connect to that after playing GTA IV set in Liberty, now we move on to GTA V set in LS.

Also, it looks like we got the mini Uzi again. I miss the full sized one.

Going with the LC mafioso thing, perhaps he'll reference the downfall of the families there after "some Russian prick fucked everything up and killed the don."

(I know Niko wasn't Russian, but a lot of the characters assumed he was.)

Going with the LC mafioso thing, perhaps he'll reference the downfall of the families there after "some Russian prick fucked everything up and killed the don."

Plus there has been a 5 year time span, who else knows what could have happened in the time being.

That would work for either ending too. Dimitri kills Pegorino in the deal ending (the ending I always choose to stop Roman calling me up lol), so they could either be talking about Dimitri - really Russian, or Niko - assumed to be Russian.

the only way multiple protags would work is if they're all split up into completely separate stories, perhaps playing all the way as ned luke in order to unlock the other stories... if you jump back and forth, you risk the chance of losing the connection the audience will have on the main characters...

looks like a bad guy to me. Still think there'll only be one protag, 40's white dude looks like a cop. So i think it'll be the black dude with the dog.

Come on! You're all in denial!

The article says that you play as an eastcoast gangster who wanted to retire. In the trailer, the narrator says that he wanted to retire from that line of work.

2+2=4. So we can assume that those two people are the same person.

Yet you honestly still want to believe, that the voice from the trailer could belong to the guy with the dog?

Unless the Mag is only assuming the protag is the guy who narrates the 1st trailer and don't know for sure. :P

WTF is "UAPD"?

It says "LIFEGUARD" but the text is obscured by the spray.

(That is the spray from the water in the screenshot, not the spray from people cumming over their computer screens.)

I actually prefer games with real mafias more than street gangs... Well but it depends, San Andreas was awesome!

Btw i would like if there was just one protag. and he was Ned Luke (the old guy in the trailer)

It says "LIFEGUARD" but the text is obscured by the spray.

(That is the spray from the water in the screenshot, not the spray from people cumming over their computer screens.)

Aw, I thought it might've been another city...

Sign in to follow this