Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney1

GTA 3

Guest Marney1

The game that changed gaming forever. If you didn't get to experience this game upon release it may be hard to understand just what an amazing game it was in the day.

Official GTA 3 Website

The graphics were the shit at the time, now they're just shit.

I remember the anticipation after I bought it; opening the case, looking at the manual, then putting the disc in my tight PS2 slot. Mmmmmm.

• Like 2

The most memorable GTA to date! Because it wasnt too long, i remember almost every mission. the story was amazing fun at the time and reminded me of a lot of mafia flicks including The God Father, Goodfellas and The Sopranos. My favourite GTA to be honest. Even though it was the shortest GTA of it's generation, it had the most impact on me. This is the game that converted me into a hardcore GTA fan and that's most likely why I'm still here today on this forum talking about it! :D

• Like 1

First one I played, still the most memorable. Second now only to IV for me. I need to go on a PS2 spree one of these days...

I always have a GTA (PS2) session (by session means i mean play a bit of each one of the three) at least once every 6 months!

I haven't played III in ages. It wasn't as special for me because by the time it was finally released in Australia, I'd lost interest in it a bit, and I didn't buy it until after I'd played Vice City.

btw, if there was ever to be a HD remake of III, I think it would benefit from looking more cartoonish and less realistic. I'm thinking something along the lines of Street Fighter IV's visual style, because I'd prefer it to look as different from IV as possible. Not that a remake appears to be on the horizon at this point.

btw, if there was ever to be a HD remake of III, I think it would benefit from looking more cartoonish and less realistic. I'm thinking something along the lines of Street Fighter IV's visual style, because I'd prefer it to look as different from IV as possible. Not that a remake appears to be on the horizon at this point.

That reminds me. ICO And Shadow of the Colossus are being Hd remastered. Which is a good idea i think. I'd love to play a remastered version of 3 In the Rage engine! But it isn't going to happen lets face it... IV is the new city they wont go back to III again. I think Liberty City Stories was the closest we're gonna get to a remastered version xD

Hmm, now i wanna play LCS too!

Saying that, i just remembered that every time a new GTA comes out, a bunch of modders from the GTA community always end up doing a GTA III map conversion. Not really the game, but it'd still be nice to walk around on the GTA 3 map in a current gen engine.

the most beautiful thing ever made.

don't ever try to remaster it, don't touch it, leave it as it is.

• Like 1

I jumped from GTA2 to San Andreas so I totally missed it. I think I have bought III later but I've never found time to play it. After playing GTA SA, it'll be a step back, but maybe a step back I'll just have to make one day. I'm sure I'll like it, but it can't possibly make such an big impression on me as San Andreas did. No game can do that on a 2D TV screen.

A gang war in the Las Colinas area scared me up out of the city and into the bush. A large group with automatic weapons was after me and I had little health and could easily die. It was like an exercise in the army...

And there are a hundred other unforgettable memories. But enough about San Andreas, I'm a bit off topic here.

• Like 4

Guest Marney1

Does anyone remember the tramps huddled round together in the tunnel (can't even remember where on the map) near an industrial type site? Yeah, I used to take great pleasure in mowing them down in that black car with grills over the back window. I played that game like I was playing online during my rampages except everyone was an NCP, it was just amazing that you could go anywhere and do anything........except jump.

• Like 1

The bums were going to be part of a mission to blow things up, and were going to have a "lead bum" called Darkel (I think) who gave you the missions. But they were removed after 9/11, along with the ability to shoot people's limbs off - that however remained in a cheat. I think the bum mission eventually found its way into the game though as El Burro's "I Scream, You Scream".

I jumped from GTA2 to San Andreas so I totally missed it. I think I have bought III later but I've never found time to play it. After playing GTA SA, it'll be a step back, but maybe a step back I'll just have to make one day. I'm sure I'll like it, but it can't possibly make such an big impression on me as San Andreas did. No game can do that on a 2D TV screen.

A gang war in the Las Colinas area scared me up out of the city and into the bush. A large group with automatic weapons was after me and I had little health and could easily die. It was like an exercise in the army...

And there are a hundred other unforgettable memories. But enough about San Andreas, I'm a bit off topic here.

You mean you never played Vice either?! Blasphemer! You really should play them as they are still great to play, and you'll be rewarded when all the plot pieces fit together, it'll give you a sense of accomplishment.

The bums with molotovs in the tunnel under St. Marks. The Mafia Sentinel. Still remember.

As do I. The Mafia Sentinel got me through some serious shit more times than I can remember.

• Like 1

The bums were going to be part of a mission to blow things up, and were going to have a "lead bum" called Darkel (I think) who gave you the missions. But they were removed after 9/11, along with the ability to shoot people's limbs off - that however remained in a cheat. I think the bum mission eventually found its way into the game though as El Burro's "I Scream, You Scream".

You mean you never played Vice either?! Blasphemer! You really should play them as they are still great to play, and you'll be rewarded when all the plot pieces fit together, it'll give you a sense of accomplishment.

I never played Vice, I think i'll play GTA3 first. Vice City is why you call yourself ViceMan?

• Like 4

Guest Marney1

Man, I loved the Mafia sentinel. It was my third favourite car after the Yakuza stinger and the Cheetah.

And Marney, I don't know what game you were playing. I could jump just fine.

Haven't played for years but I'm pretty sure you couldn't jump in GTA 3 or Vice City for that matter - if anyone can clarify........

Also, this thread gets me all excited.............again!! :yes:

Man, I loved the Mafia sentinel. It was my third favourite car after the Yakuza stinger and the Cheetah.

And Marney, I don't know what game you were playing. I could jump just fine.

Haven't played for years but I'm pretty sure you couldn't jump in GTA 3 or Vice City for that matter - if anyone can clarify........

Also, this thread gets me all excited.............again!! :yes:

u is trippin

The bums with molotovs in the tunnel under St. Marks. The Mafia Sentinel. Still remember.

As do I. The Mafia Sentinel got me through some serious shit more times than I can remember.

The Mafia Sentinel was and still is my favourite GTA car of all time. I still like the Sports and Xs versions of the sentinel in black. That is the most nostalgic thing about GTA for me. The "Mafia" scene really had the most memorable impact on me in GTA III, and i still wait for some decent Italian mafia storyline in GTA once again...

And wasn't San Andreas the first game where you could swim?

Yep.

The Mafia Sentinel was and still is my favourite GTA car of all time. I still like the Sports and Xs versions of the sentinel in black. That is the most nostalgic thing about GTA for me. The "Mafia" scene really had the most memorable impact on me in GTA III, and i still wait for some decent Italian mafia storyline in GTA once again...

I had a little nostalgiagasm when I noticed that the mafia (when you could tell them apart from regular peds) in GTA IV also drive sentinels.

• Like 2

Vice City is why you call yourself ViceMan?

Why yes indeed it is.

tl;dr

When I started playing a game called Jedi Academy online I called myself Darth Vice in honour of Vice City. But soon after I joined a clan and with my clantags my name wouldn't fit, so I mustered all of my creative powers and came up with the revolutionary and trend-setting name... ViceMan - the name that you know and love today.

• Like 1

Vice City is why you call yourself ViceMan?

Why yes indeed it is.

tl;dr

When I started playing a game called Jedi Academy online I called myself Darth Vice in honour of Vice City. But soon after I joined a clan and with my clantags my name wouldn't fit, so I mustered all of my creative powers and came up with the revolutionary and trend-setting name... ViceMan - the name that you know and love today.

Haha. To begin with, I read ViceMan as WiseMan.

• Like 4