Sign in to follow this  
GunSmith

Limited/Special Editions

GTA IV had a Collector's Edition, complete with safety deposit box and duffel bag. Will GTA 5 have a special edition like this? If it does, who among you will cancel yer pre-orders? Any knowledge/speculation is welcome.

Forgive me if a similar topic already exists. I searched and found nothing.

Almost definitely. What is included with it will decide whether or not I'll get it. I think they'll announce it when the plot and characters are revealed, as to not spoil anything before hand. I mean, they haven't even released the box art yet for the normal version.

I would have thought they would have told us by now. But if they do announce a special addition I will cancel my pre-order, then pre-order again!

You don't need to cancel your preorder and order again, all you do is transfer the money out of the standard edition and put it into a special edition

I would have thought they would have told us by now. But if they do announce a special addition I will cancel my pre-order, then pre-order again!

You don't need to cancel your preorder and order again, all you do is transfer the money out of the standard edition and put it into a special edition

just asked my local gamestop, said the same thing. That's what imma do!

Wish they would go ahead and announce them, im not preordering until i know what my options are...

Fallout nv had special dlc based on where you preordered from... Maybe gta 5 will also take this route.

when i pre-order GTA IV there was no way to pre-order the special edition. you just had to get to the store first and buy one before they were sold out. but i would DEFIANTLY get a GTA V special edition. it would look great next to my GTA IV one.

• Like 1

my guess would be something along the lines of every store having a deal of their own. Gamestop bestbuy and amazon will probably each have their own in-game car or outfit, similar to how RE6 did their mercenaries promo- each store had their own unique map.

We would all probably have to wait until a "game of the year" edition is made to get all pre-order content in one,similar to FO-NV Ultimate edition

my guess would be something along the lines of every store having a deal of their own. Gamestop bestbuy and amazon will probably each have their own in-game car or outfit, similar to how RE6 did their mercenaries promo- each store had their own unique map.

We would all probably have to wait until a "game of the year" edition is made to get all pre-order content in one,similar to FO-NV Ultimate edition

kinda sucks that they allow this, it's getting out of hand really. I hope they introduce something nice with the special edition, didn't care much for the IV one.

I'd cancel my pre-order and re-pre-order it. I liked the GTA IV special edition IMO, so GTA V's would probably be just as good, even better.

at most stores they'll just transfer the money into the collectors edition

I don't usually get the special editions but I am this time.

My pre-order is essentially for any version of the game I want or can afford at the time.

Did you guys get a free poster when you pre-ordered?? I pre-ordered before they had the promo shit in the shops and they didn't give me one at the time so I might have to cause some trouble - my office at work needs a GTAV poster.

I don't think there will be a limited edition (although if there is I will get it) because R* have already said that the first 15 people to pre-order get those special scope-things that you look through and see parts of GTA 5 e.g. Los Santos city, Vespucci Beach. And the first 100 people to pre-order get a double-sided poster. One of the images is the one with Franklin holding the baseball bat and Chop's lead I think.

I don't think there will be a limited edition (although if there is I will get it) because R* have already said that the first 15 people to pre-order get those special scope-things that you look through and see parts of GTA 5 e.g. Los Santos city, Vespucci Beach. And the first 100 people to pre-order get a double-sided poster. One of the images is the one with Franklin holding the baseball bat and Chop's lead I think.

...That was for each store. Do you really believe that they would make 15 little plastic pieces of bullshit and call it day, for quite possibly the game of the decade? Shit almost everyone here has the poster.. No, no special edition at all.

I think the special edition will have a few money related items to go with the Money theme of GTAV. Something like a coin with a fictionalized president on one side and the GTAV logo on the other, or something humorous like a gold plated 3 dollar bill, either one of those would work as a keychain.

Sign in to follow this