gtagrl

Which GTA game for PS2 should I replay first?

Your fav GTA on PS2  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My man just rearranged the man cave in our house, and decided to connect the PS2 to an older TV in there. So, I have working access to my PS2 game collection, including the titles in the poll above, for the first time in years. I'm having a hard time choosing which game to replay first.

Who better to poll than the crazy collection of characters in our forums? Tell me your pick for which GTA game should I replay first. (when I'm not playing ACIII or Fallout 3, and eventually, GTAV!)

Edit: I've been sucked into Skyrim in the meantime.

Edited by gtagrl
  • Like 1

What Fitty said. Also it saves the best for last :)

actully you should play LCS first since that happened in 1998. If yout want to go in order by year

• Like 1

Very well then. Time to put on cargo pants and avoid the water like the plague. We'll see how much of the map I remember, since there's no in-game map to look at other than the HUD; I'm pretty sure it'll all come back to me.

• Like 1

vice city, then san andreas... sure III is the original, but it's only if you want to start with the one that changed everything about what a video game could do... the next two improved drastically from then on... vice city is still considered one of the best games ever, and san andreas is hailed by critics and fans as the best...

looking back on it, III was monumental in it's time and awesome to experience with the world... but vice city and san andreas are sooo much better, in all aspects, especially with the story and side-objectives...

III might be kind of boring to play nowadays :(...

• Like 1

III might be kind of boring to play nowadays :(...

True, but there is some objectives in that game that many still haven't ever beaten.

I had to do it all, for 100% completion on PS2 and PC, so I can say...

If you want a taste of the future games and how easy they can be, play the hardest.

GTAIII has the most difficult R3 missions ever.

Paramedic - Most difficult ever, of any GTA game. The reward makes it worthwhile.

This mission alone is ten times harder than any of the storyline missions.

Vigilante - Most difficult ever, of any GTA game. Done across 3 islands worth.

Firefighter - Difficult but not frustrating like Vice City. Again, needs to be done across 3 islands worth.

Taxi - Pretty easy, but stay the course and finish.

Other than that, it is the Rampages.

10 times harder than Vice City. These take skill, and you will want to prepare.

Have full health (125) and Armor, and save before each one.

Full health is after Paramedic or just basic 100% health, but grab a hooker. She gives the extra 25%.

Hey - it works, just go with it. Kill her, drop her off, whatever. It helps to have the 125%.

Especially against certain gangs. It's the weapons that suck, not you. Make sure you have the full armor.

Also some of the RPG Rampages can fail due to vehicles spawning - this will continue in Vice City.

Get used to it, and master your craft Medieval Teabagger Wench.

A trick for the St.Marks Mafia rampage is - you can use a Rhino tank.

That is, if you have followed your EV Crane missions, which many ignore.

Finally, the off-road challenges look fun, but can be a real fucking bitch.

It looks like you can't climb that mountain, but you can. They really tax you here.

Again, master your craft girl. You can do it. Best of luck to you. Let us know if you need help.

I'm telling you the 100% of doing things is fullfilling during missions, with your tools.

Not in the end as a reward, really, but you will gain all the weapons, health icons,

armor icons, and police bribes at your safe houses, making rampages and other challenges

somewhat easier. In the end, I just do everything as early as possible except the rampages.

Remember, in this game, gangs hold a grudge, so you want to do everything on the first island

as much as possible because once you leave, it is difficult to some back because they all hate you.

Also I made maps of the hidden packages if you want, just ask. :)

But yeah, it's an old game and looks kind of funky. Still - the classic.

Also mind the PS2 glitch about the Purple Nines. It's an easy fix, but mind it all the same.

http://www.gamefaqs....-iii/faqs/18503

The NInes will not appear otherwise, and you can not do the last mission against them. (They're gone)

After that, Vice City and §an Andreas. Easy in comparison.

Staunton_House3-1.jpg

Staunton_House1-1.jpg

Staunton_BP_Patriot-1.jpg

• Like 2

Lovely and thorough as always, Synch.

Started a brand new file in III, and it's like I played it yesterday. I remember all the driving shortcuts, where all the hidden packages are, and it's freaky getting used to the older controls. It's funny Synch mentioned the R3 missions, one of the first things I did was a few taxi missions to get reacquainted, and some ambulance missions...already collected 10 hidden packages without looking at a single map. Rampages next, the ones in III are my favourite. Remember the hobos with molotovs?

Big 'n veiny FTW.

• Like 1

Lovely and thorough as always, Synch.

Started a brand new file in III, and it's like I played it yesterday. I remember all the driving shortcuts, where all the hidden packages are, and it's freaky getting used to the older controls. It's funny Synch mentioned the R3 missions, one of the first things I did was a few taxi missions to get reacquainted, and some ambulance missions...already collected 10 hidden packages without looking at a single map. Rampages next, the ones in III are my favourite. Remember the hobos with molotovs?

Big 'n veiny FTW.

Holy Quacamole.......you RULE!!!!

Get rid of that man and make me your own.

Sorry I meant...need any maps?

• Like 1

Synch is one of the very few people who could make a post that long and I'd actually read it.

I should actually watch that shit. I realize my posts are too long, and I apologize.

Thing is, I am seriously detailed about this type of thing. Really. It's work. I work on this type of thing.

It's how I met Psy. He was a contributor to my webmaster's FAQ. I was a mod. Then became admin.

We made FAQs. I am very detail oriented, and an engineer.

Gay, I know, but it happens. Wait, did I leave out that I am credited on GameFaqs?

Still gay. Sorry. Long posts happen.

• Like 2

No need to apologize, doesn't bother me a bit.

People made long posts like that all the time back in '04, when we were young'ns, and the world was still bright and cheery and shit. Long posts from veteran members make me all nostalgic.

• Like 1

No need to apologize, doesn't bother me a bit.

People made long posts like that all the time back in '04, when we were young'ns, and the world was still bright and cheery and shit. Long posts from veteran members make me all nostalgic.

That was so good

Tried to thank you bro :

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

I must have reached the edge of the forum rims. Outer barriers. Like in Old World Blues. Zap.

• Like 1

Synch is one of the very few people who could make a post that long and I'd actually read it.

I should actually watch that shit. I realize my posts are too long, and I apologize.

Thing is, I am seriously detailed about this type of thing. Really. It's work. I work on this type of thing.

It's how I met Psy. He was a contributor to my webmaster's FAQ. I was a mod. Then became admin.

We made FAQs. I am very detail oriented, and an engineer.

Gay, I know, but it happens. Wait, did I leave out that I am credited on GameFaqs?

Still gay. Sorry. Long posts happen.

I'll have no apologies from you, good sir, not in any topic of mine. I personally appreciate (and share) your attention to detail. Plus, your posts are a delight to read, short or long. Ramble on, my friend.

• Like 1

Its nice to see some Synch posts. They're probably the most accurate and well thought out posts on here. And they're actually about GTA. Its still nice to see you chatting it up instead of just posting wall-o-text gta guides to help my lame ass

• Like 1

Its nice to see some Synch posts. They're probably the most accurate and well thought out posts on here. And they're actually about GTA. Its still nice to see you chatting it up instead of just posting wall-o-text gta guides to help my lame ass

Well thank you friend, and I would have thanked/liked more posts in this thread but as usual,

my thanks/likes limit for the day has been reached. I love most everyone here you see!

Now, about GTA .....Let's all replay GTAlll, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, and GTAIV!

• Like 1