COSenna

Helicopter/Motorcycle Physics

What a waste of time, haha. I thought there might be some intelligent members on this forum looking for better gameplay. Instead I get flamed by a bunch of highschool forum junkies because I have "5 posts" under my name.

It's a personal opinion. If you loved motorcycles and their physics in IV and want the same shit in V, then I hope you don't get what you want because you're truly an idiot. Period.

Now please, flame away...

You have 7 posts under your name

Hi

Also, I do agree with a few of your posts COSenna. But people don't always share your opinions, you came and you shared yours...and other people had theirs. It isn't right or wrong...it's your opinion and your preference, you can't get mad if other people don't share them, they are yours.

Chill out

What a waste of time, haha. I thought there might be some intelligent members on this forum looking for better gameplay. Instead I get flamed by a bunch of highschool forum junkies because I have "5 posts" under my name.

It's a personal opinion. If you loved motorcycles and their physics in IV and want the same shit in V, then I hope you don't get what you want because you're truly an idiot. Period.

They have different opinions than me.... KILL THEM!

You have 7 posts under your name

Hi

Also, I do agree with a few of your posts COSenna. But people don't always share your opinions, you came and you shared yours...and other people had theirs. It isn't right or wrong...it's your opinion and your preference, you can't get mad if other people don't share them, they are yours.

Chill out

Brother, I'm always chill. I realize everything on here is an opinion. I was just speaking mine (which is that if you think the motorcycle physics in IV were good enough, well, you're wrong IMO.) Plain and simple. That's it, that's all.... Carry on.

in GTA IV, never (ever ever) throw a molotov from a bike. this just causes you to fall from the bike on fire lol

i see another SA vs IV battle... why do those who like IV better assume the SA fans are always kids? that like saying all Beatles fans are kids ha ha.. doesnt make sense.

Unfortunately this is down to the balance between realism and actually being able to play the game... In GTA 4 you could hit a lampost laying on the ground at speed in a car and the car could flip 3 or 4 times end over end... In reality your car would smash over it without flipping and your suspension and wheels would be trashed... But that wouldn't be any fun/use for a game. Same with the heli's. If they fall apart because you clip a building that ain't gonna be fun. If they break after you hit 3 or 4 buildings then you need to practise your flying.

congratulations, you are intelligent. things become extremely boring with too much realism.

imagine if you had to wait 20 years before you can play again when you get busted? realistic but would be crap.

as for helicopter and motorcycle physics, i want them to be fun to drive. i never used motorbikes in IV except TLAD.

give us a damn cross hair at the very least (same goes for planes).

GTA San Andreas had a cross hair. Press V until you get the first person cam and start pressing 0 on numpad, instant rockets fired where your cross hair is.

Personally I thought the physics in IV for motorcycles and helicopters were brilliant.

But, Rockstar will definitely improve it.

Brilliant? Helicopters performed in IV the same way they did in VC, with a few tweaks. They are hard as fuck to get good at. Sure you can fly and dodge buildings left and right... I'm not talking about that. I'm really only speaking about the attack choppers. It was a challenge to hit a moving car with the turrets, One, because there was no crosshair, not even in first person view. An two, because even if there was a crosshair, keeping it steady on a target was next to impossible.

If you have played BF2/3 that is a good sense of how I would like helis to control in V. Shot in the dark but worth a wish.

Personally I thought the physics in IV for motorcycles and helicopters were brilliant.

But, Rockstar will definitely improve it.

Brilliant? Helicopters performed in IV the same way they did in VC, with a few tweaks. They are hard as fuck to get good at. Sure you can fly and dodge buildings left and right... I'm not talking about that. I'm really only speaking about the attack choppers. It was a challenge to hit a moving car with the turrets, One, because there was no crosshair, not even in first person view. An two, because even if there was a crosshair, keeping it steady on a target was next to impossible.

If you have played BF2/3 that is a good sense of how I would like helis to control in V. Shot in the dark but worth a wish.

I might not agree with you on the bike controls, but I do agree with your ideas on the chopper controls, I got good with them, took a lot of practice (and a lot of swearing) and I like the idea of using something similar to the BF3 controls, I found them a lot more intuitive and easier to pick up.

Interesting. I didn't know that bikes fishtail when taking a 90 degree turn going 15 mph. Good to know though.

All I'm saying is, let the bike lean into the turn more. There's a reason you don't hit the break going around a turn on a motorcycle, if you don't know by now stunt-driver-guy, its because you'll lay the bike down. If ANYTHING you hit the gas and hope you make the turn without your wheels flipping out from under you. I'm sure, being the elite physic-understanding daredevil you are, you should find that out pretty soon.

Not really trying to flame, TBH. Just thought that anyone who's rode a motorcycle should know that rule. And no, you don't just automatically fishtail when turning on a bike, and if you do, you're in the wrong profession.

I love how little immature kids are still talking about fucking so long san andreas.

if you haven't notice gta v is not san andreas 2, and if you haven't notice R* doesn't give a flying shit of whether you like the bikes or not, they do what the fuck they feel better, and in my opinion I am glad they don't listen to little crying baby's like you that complain about realism.

if u haven't notice there is a game called saints row 3, go and play that and STFU there you will have all the bullshit you are asking for here.

THANK YOU.

Finally, someone thats not stuck in the san andreas era. ITS OVER THIS IS 2012 NOT 2004

I love how little immature kids are still talking about fucking so long san andreas.

if you haven't notice gta v is not san andreas 2, and if you haven't notice R* doesn't give a flying shit of whether you like the bikes or not, they do what the fuck they feel better, and in my opinion I am glad they don't listen to little crying baby's like you that complain about realism.

if u haven't notice there is a game called saints row 3, go and play that and STFU there you will have all the bullshit you are asking for here.

Immature? Haha nice post Kenny. If you were trying to hide you age before it came out in that one.

How can you call someone a kid for referencing San Andreas? This is a GTA forum. Of course it's gonna get referenced. We compare it to IV because it was the last main title before IV. Just because I enjoyed it more than IV doesn't mean I'm a immature... For example, if given the choice to fuck either you or your mom, in almost all instances I would choose your mom. Why? Well even tho you're the newer version of her, and have less hair on your ass, the overall experience I get with her with be more pleasurable in the long run because she was more fun. Plus I don't wanna go to prison for having sex with a minor.

Don't worry COSenna most of the members on here troll all new members and anyone that brings up San Andreas in their posts.

I've thought about why they do it and either it's an inside joke between the older members or they don't even consciously know they're doing it.

Firstly they will insult your view on the topic while providing their own view. Then when you defend yourself and provide a counter-point, they say why do these new members always get upset ' It's just OPINIONS' ( :wacko: ). Then they will all gang up on you posting insults and further critiquing your views, just to incite a further reaction.

They probably get a little bit of enjoyment out of all of this. As most cowardly bullies do. Such as endorphines or dopamine being released in their tiny ignorant brains. :bird:

You guy's know who you are. :yes:

Guys.. Let's not fight because in the end no one benefits from it. I don't know why some of you guys are hating on San Andreas when it clearly had more fun features. And GTA 4 was a lot of fun because of it's realism. Now with rockstar they can either make it more realistic or go back to the way it was in San Andreas.

Guys.. Let's not fight because in the end no one benefits from it. I don't know why some of you guys are hating on San Andreas when it clearly had more fun features. And GTA 4 was a lot of fun because of it's realism. Now with rockstar they can either make it more realistic or go back to the way it was in San Andreas.

actually the realism in GTA 4 was pretty awesome IMO, the thing that made it boring was the lack of things to actually do after you beat the game.

• Like 1

they tweaked the bike handeling in tlad and thats good enough for me. as for helocoptors it will probly be tweaked but if it ain't broke don't fix it. the only problem that i found with helocoptors was that they weren't fast enough.

actually the realism in GTA 4 was pretty awesome IMO, the thing that made it boring was the lack of things to actually do after you beat the game.

Yea IMO I really think that GTA 4 was the first game to pull realism off.
  • Like 1

Dude. You can ask any member here, search for the pics.. Im a professional stunt driver...

Educate yourself, boy.

That's fantastic. Now I know you're an idiot. Don't crash, boy.

really u to were here to talk about the physics of motorcycles and helicopters both u just get along

Talking about heli and bike realism? Then you forgot to mention that heli is childish u can smack it so many times against buildings and it still fly. Make it realistic and then casuals would cry that they cant fly helicopter because it is destroyed so fast and they will whine about it instead to admit that they just suck and hate difficult games cuz they are so simple and they want simple games so why make complicated realistic helicopter maneuvering if rest aspect of this helicopter is simplified as .... In that kind of game people want to have simple fun without using their brain to much. U mention bikes too and shooting from them but did u know that u can aim gun using right hand and still accelerate? Dumb and not realistic but 99% of players even not notice it. Why? Because it is ONLY game for them so it is like alternative reality and things dont need to work like their counterparts in real life. Anyone would want to have their own car handling, helicopter handling, bike handling ect. ect. but R* decide how to do it so at least 60% of players will be happy. So forget that they would make it as u want. I would want it my way too. I hope they will make game configurable in mods and everyone will make their own handling of cars, bikes, planes ect. I did that for GTA4. But not everything is so easy to mod... to bad. I only hope that this time they will make life easier for moders and that way everyone would make game as they want it to be with using moding tools.

If you can't handle the bikes in IV then you're a shit rider. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you'll fishtail when you leen forward. Seriously, don't bitch about it just because you suck.

ur right i have never had problems with the bikes or copters when i drive them

Talking about heli and bike realism? Then you forgot to mention that heli is childish u can smack it so many times against buildings and it still fly. Make it realistic and then casuals would cry that they cant fly helicopter because it is destroyed so fast and they will whine about it instead to admit that they just suck and hate difficult games cuz they are so simple and they want simple games so why make complicated realistic helicopter maneuvering if rest aspect of this helicopter is simplified as .... In that kind of game people want to have simple fun without using their brain to much. U mention bikes too and shooting from them but did u know that u can aim gun using right hand and still accelerate? Dumb and not realistic but 99% of players even not notice it. Why? Because it is ONLY game for them so it is like alternative reality and things dont need to work like their counterparts in real life. Anyone would want to have their own car handling, helicopter handling, bike handling ect. ect. but R* decide how to do it so at least 60% of players will be happy. So forget that they would make it as u want. I would want it my way too. I hope they will make game configurable in mods and everyone will make their own handling of cars, bikes, planes ect. I did that for GTA4. But not everything is so easy to mod... to bad. I only hope that this time they will make life easier for moders and that way everyone would make game as they want it to be with using moding tools.

(Y) what this guy said...

you guys are funny the bikes were great the trafic was too hevy to drive the bikes rill fast to top speed the hellocopters were ok but the aniolator or police helicopter with the guns on it was a little harder to fly but i could handel this bird. what i can't handel is when you sneek in to the airport on san andres and triy to fly a plane evan thoug you don't no how and crash it, that and landing flying cars on it.

I agree that GTA4 did a good job at pulling off the realisim, but I dont always want that from GTA. I dont go "hey I want some realisim, lets play GTA". if I wanted realistic driving I would be playing GT5. I actually liked the driving in GTA4, but I think they could make it a little more managable.

I agree that GTA4 did a good job at pulling off the realisim, but I dont always want that from GTA. I dont go "hey I want some realisim, lets play GTA". if I wanted realistic driving I would be playing GT5. I actually liked the driving in GTA4, but I think they could make it a little more managable.

lol realism true, that freaking game takes everything into account, up to a point where it matters what type of tires you are using....

of course we do not want that, but something that looks and feel realistic, as opposed to saints row for example that I can literally go 120mph and make a quick turn without stopping, and if I did stop the car would literally turn to much..... we do not want that and I believe I speak for most people here.

The only thing I disliked about the bikes was how shitty the handbrake was. As long as I can still usd the Six-Axis to fly and steer I'll be fine.

Can't wait to use motion control with that Hydra! :D