Fryman

Life bar, 100 HP or RDR Style of Health?

Looked and didn't see any topics regarding just the health, so which would you like to see? If any of the options I wouldnt mind seeing the numbers like VC it lets you know exactly how much health you have or RDR type where your screen gets bloody and red that I think would be best with the bullet proof vest wouldn't have a bar or numbers just be on you until it runs out that way you have to be more observant of how much your being hurt what do you think!

The health and armour in GTA is partly the reason i explore the map, so i know where they all are for future reference. I like health pickups and i think they should stay. Nothing wrong with a health bar...

HP>> HUD 'o death.

It doesn't matter to me. I like both, but for GTA i think they should keep the health bar just because every GTA has had one. Keep the tradition going......

If its not broke, don't fix it. I like the health bar style rapped around the mini map. but San Andreas's health bar wasn't bad either.

It'd be cool but I doubt it maybe in the options menu you can change the display style of the HUD

• Like 1

I like the health bar. The hud shit makes it difficult to know when you're about to die.. but If I had it my way I'd use MGS4's health and fatigue combo with Battle Highs and regenerating heath when not doing stressful activities.

I'd rather there wasn't a bar for health at all, make the screen go slightly blurry and red when your health is low. As for the Armour bar i'd rather the character threw it off when it'd taken too much damage. Also hope when you do get Armour that you actually see it on the character, over what he's wearing or be able to customize it like a piece of clothing you put on.

In my opinion the SA HUD was fine, it's not as huge and bulky as everyone seems to be saying with the bar on the top right with the time, money and weapon. I prefer that than having to press a button to see your money and time like in IV, it only took up like... 1/12th of the screen and it's not like it was right in the middle.

I'd rather there wasn't a bar for health at all, make the screen go slightly blurry and red when your health is low.

I hate when games do that. I like to know exactly how much health I have left, otherwise I'm trying to remember how long I had left the last time my screen was that red or black and white.

GTA4 got it right. I like having the health and armor bar around the mini map. And niko/Luis/Johnny got bloody as they took damage. Make it a little more vibrant. But really don't think it matters much. Just none of that screen blooding shit.

In my opinion the SA HUD was fine, it's not as huge and bulky as everyone seems to be saying with the bar on the top right with the time, money and weapon. I prefer that than having to press a button to see your money and time like in IV, it only took up like... 1/12th of the screen and it's not like it was right in the middle.

Actually yeah I did like the hud in SA, I can't remember if the armour layered over the health like on iv but it should stay that way too if not what I said from the beginning and your hearing should start to dim or the ppl sound really deep and slow when your health is very low or near death

I honestly prefer regenerating health like in RDR because in GTA IV, cops could kill you way too often, and one wrong move of the stick can windshield canon you or something. Also, check points would be so much more convinient.

I hate when games do that. I like to know exactly how much health I have left, otherwise I'm trying to remember how long I had left the last time my screen was that red or black and white.

Whereas i like realism, not too much mind, just enough so you can associate with the world within the game. They could easily use the drunk system out of IV and tweak it a little.

I don't really care how they represent it, I just hope it automatically regenerates durring multiplayer. Seriously, picking up health is arcade like and a thing of the past. Of course I understand they may keep the non regnerating health system for single player since it's been that way in every gta, but I really wouldn't be opposed to seeing it done away with all together.

With that being said, if there is regenerating health, I think the screen should go red/blurry when close to death (perhaps accompionied by a health/damage bar like max payne 3) and after a period of time safe from damage it begins regenerating.

With regenerating health we're able to have a more realistic and less frustrating experience. Think of gta 4, you could get sprayed with bullets (and even take multiple bullets to the head) and come out of it with just enough health to eat a hotdog. In red dead and max payne, however, bullets did more realistic amounts of damage and head shots were 1 hit kill on the player. This made the game alot more fun and believeable, and unfortunatly with non regenerating health (and without multiple health packs throughout missions and without lots of cover hugging) games can be frustrating at times and kind of remove some of the fun element in my opinion.

• Like 1

I think it should be the RDR type of health because i would crash my motorcycle and my health would be gone. then I would try to find a place to eat and some dumbass in a taxi would pull out in front of me and i would die and that wouldn't have happened if I had the RDR type of health

I also like the L.A. Noire health but it was basically the same as RDR.

I just want my health to regenerate, I'll be happy if that happens.

I honestly prefer regenerating health like in RDR because in GTA IV, cops could kill you way too often, and one wrong move of the stick can windshield canon you or something. Also, check points would be so much more convinient.

They implemented mission checkpoints and scores in TBOGT, adn you could go back and replay any mission through your phone. Really hope that comes back, it probably will seeing as there are different ways to do missions now.

As for health, I'm really digging Kreuzns idea of packs on single player, and regen on MP

• Like 1

What I'd like to see is you being able to carry some kind of health pack somethin like far cry 3 you just jab a needle and heals maybe 25% if your health but when your being hit you can't use it, I'd like that instead of being shot in the head go eat a burger

What I'd like to see is you being able to carry some kind of health pack somethin like far cry 3 you just jab a needle and heals maybe 25% if your health but when your being hit you can't use it, I'd like that instead of being shot in the head have go eat a burger

I'm hoping for, and somewhat anticipating, a minor inventory system, similar to Red Dead Redemption. A couple health items, other miscellaneous items, and maybe even weapon selection from an inventory menu.