Sign in to follow this  
DiO

Star Wars Episode 7 planned for 2015

LOS ANGELES — A decade after George Lucas said Star Wars was finished on the big screen, a new trilogy is destined for theatres as The Walt Disney Co. announced Tuesday that it was buying Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 billion.

The seventh movie, with a working title of Episode 7, is set for release in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 will follow. The new trilogy will carry the story of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia beyond “Return of the Jedi,” the third film released and the sixth in the saga. After that, Disney plans a new Star Wars movie every two or three years. Lucas will serve as creative consultant in the new movies.

Read more: http://www.montrealg...l#ixzz2ApXjPphh

Sooooooooooo

Mixed feelings. I mean, I did like the new trilogy. But now they're gonna have to replace the old characters of the original trilogy with new actors. IDK how I feel about that. They will still be entertaining as hell and I will watch them. But still...

Don't so much mind them making the final three movies; they might surprise us and be awesome (though I doubt it), but...

After that, Disney plans a new Star Wars movie every two or three years.

Really? Disney needs to go die in a ditch.

• Like 1

This will be the closest watched film series in terms of screenwriting and directing. A lot of hard choices have to be made. Personally, I think "Disney" is not a good name to be hovering over "Star Wars." Star Wars -- with its massive cultural impact -- is the type of series that must be handled by the initial story tellers. Disney must not have creative control. That would probably ruin everyone's day