CaPn bOnEs

It's Official!! Spring 2013...

they shouldn't promote the game so early if there's a chance of it getting delayed. they should wait until there 100% certain that it will be released on time. if it gets delayed it renders the past two weeks pointless, with all the promotional material, and websites putting time and hard work into articles, live streams, etc. obviously gta doesn't need all that, it will sell millions regardless of promotional material. but has a company they shouldn't allow delays, it should be unacceptable.

Agreed, it's unprofessional to announce things before they are ready. But unforeseen shit happens. Hurricane Sandy is a perfect example.

I don't think it will get delayed..... That's why they waited this long to give us a release window.... they are positive it will release sometime in spring.....

LOL - obviously it will release sometime in spring, but three months is a big window of time. I'm just saying that I won't be surprised if there is a delay after we are given a specific date.

Well they havn't given us a specific date yet because they want to make sure the date they annnounce will be the date it's released.... I don't expect a release date till about 2 months before release.

Rockstar doesn't need us to tell them how or when to market their games or announce release dates. They're pretty good at what they do. Delays are frustrating, but they're part of the business, and I'm not aware of anyone who decided to never again by a Rockstar game because of something like that.

• Like 1

I think they learnt from the Iv delay. And from what it sounds like in the articles, Dan pretty much mentions they're testing small things out atm, which is bells and whistles, meaning the main story is more than likely finished. I want to see that dual layered blu-ray disc jammed to the brims with data!

• Like 1

It's probably almost ready now, I bet they spend probably spend the next six months polishing it to make it even better. Sales will be much, much better in the spring anyway.

And guaranteed during the window they've given. Unless the world ends next month of the fiscal cliff turns our country into another afganistan.

I dont see any delays happening here, they had too much time working on this to perfect it. I remember Max Payne was delayed but there wasn't even a trailer available at all, just a screen shot or two. We already have two trailers and a bunch of screen shots. I expect it to come on time.

GTA IV - Delayed

RDR - Delayed

MP3 - Delayed

LA Noire - Delayed

Midnight Club: LA - Delayed

And probably a lot of other games have been, by a few days or so. Point is there seems to be a trend, which is not good. Especially with games of the current generation of consoles, practically every one has been delayed so far.

i know. i think its waste of promotions and advertising, if after the past 3 weeks of lots of info, and the build up over the next few months, then it gets delayed.

here's hoping it doesn't get delayed

GTA IV - Delayed

RDR - Delayed

MP3 - Delayed

LA Noire - Delayed

Midnight Club: LA - Delayed

And probably a lot of other games have been, by a few days or so. Point is there seems to be a trend, which is not good. Especially with games of the current generation of consoles, practically every one has been delayed so far.

Maybe GTAV starts a new trend? Better hope so.