CaPn bOnEs

It's Official!! Spring 2013...

Web servers are probably US based and were partially down, what with Hurricane Sandy. Decided to wait off on releasing the trailer until some were back on before putting the trailer up and having the website slow to a crawl?

I would speculate that Cyantist is on the right track here. Releasing a GTA trailer is not a simple matter of uploading it to a server and making it available to the world. As soon as it hits, the site will be under incredible load trying to handle the worldwide demand. If proper load balancing isn't in place, our insatiable appetites alone will bring the site to its knees. I'm guessing the real holdup isn't getting power to Rockstar HQ; there's likely a datacenter somewhere in NYC or along the eastern seaboard recovering from the storm, and that datacenter that is a key cog in the marketing machine.

^ Correctly spotted...

look what i found.. check release date :) (finnish game store site)

making this a link since it's so big.

sounds pretty legit. i guessed my birthday for that contest thing so i hope it comes out the next friday from that date :P

Sorry but you lost. Games come out on Tuesdays 99% of the time, not Fridays.

Did Gta IV have a midnight release or what? I don't usually buy games the same day they come out

Not a memorable issue in the US, as far as I remember.

But there is a video of Psy in line buying his game in the UK late at night.

Maybe my facts are wrong but it seems that this was the case.

Get what you pay for = Nothing. Sorry for limited data.

yeah it was a massive thing over here in 2008, midnight launches, supermarkets were queued out the door. and sold out. i had to get up at half 7 to go to a local store to get it the next morning haha

Did Gta IV have a midnight release or what? I don't usually buy games the same day they come out

I attended a midnight launch at GAME in the UK. It was quite good actually. GTA is the only game i'll ever wait around for at midnight though. Loads of GTA fans all together discussing their excitement about the game and what they don't want. Kind of like these forums actually...

I attended a midnight launch at GAME in the UK. It was quite good actually. GTA is the only game i'll ever wait around for at midnight though. Loads of GTA fans all together discussing their excitement about the game and what they don't want. Kind of like these forums actually...

Yeah, this will probably be the only game that I wait outside till midnight for lol

I went to a GTA IV midnight release in the U.S. at GameStop. Line was wrapped around the block and took about 45 minutes. I'll be lining up again this spring and taking the next day off work. Should be an international holiday anyway!

• Like 1

I went to a GTA IV midnight release in the U.S. at GameStop. Line was wrapped around the block and took about 45 minutes. I'll be lining up again this spring and taking the next day off work. Should be an international holiday anyway!

Really? Maybe it was just your Gamestop, Cause I'm pretty sure I would see more people waiting for Black Ops 2 than Gta 5, and there was only about 15 people on the line for BO

Really? Maybe it was just your Gamestop, Cause I'm pretty sure I would see more people waiting for Black Ops 2 than Gta 5, and there was only about 15 people on the line for BO

Probably depends on the store, too. Pretty sure not all stores do midnight releases. I'll be looking for the least-busy store in my area that is doing it, hopefully that'll mean a shorter line.

You guys think they will release a demo/beta before the actual game? It can either gain more fans or lose a lot if the game sucks

I doubt it, they never have put out a demo like that. But you never know...

But you never know...

I do. No demo.

Agreed. Rockstar loves dishing out the suspense and making their fan base salivate. They want them long midnight lines at the local game centers -- makes for really good publicity.

I would be so mad if they postponed the release for another 4 months or even 1 month..

Relax. We don't even have an official release date yet, and I won't be surprised if there's a delay regardless, if past releases are any indication.

Personally, I don't mind waiting, I'd rather it meets R*'s standards for release...by comparison to Assassin's Creed III, which I find to be full of unacceptable mistakes and has an unpolished, rushed-for-release feel to it (even though I'm enjoying it).