CaPn bOnEs

It's Official!! Spring 2013...

on a different note and off topic - i remember a year ago tomorrow, thinking "good, gta will prob be out march - may 2011, what games can i buy this christmas to keep me going" so i got saints row the third, and stopped playing it a week later and here i am a year later deciding what games to get to keep me going again haha.

You mean 2012 right ;)

on a different note and off topic - i remember a year ago tomorrow, thinking "good, gta will prob be out march - may 2011, what games can i buy this christmas to keep me going" so i got saints row the third, and stopped playing it a week later and here i am a year later deciding what games to get to keep me going again haha.

O.K here are the few great games that have just come out or will come out before GTA V:

~ Just come out or coming soon: Boderlands 2, Dishonoured, XCOM Enemy Unknown, Assassin's Creed 3, Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3, NFS Most Wanted.

~ And coming early next year: Bioshock Infinite, Aliens Coloniel Marines, God Of War Ascension, Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider, MGS Revengeance, Dead Space 3, South Park The Stick of Truth.

So as you can see there isn't much to keep you busy. :whistle:

Also next year there is Splinter Cell Blacklist, Crysis 3, Gears of War Judgement, Beyond Two Souls, Sim City, Rome 2, and Metro Last Light just to name a few.

• Like 1

You mean 2012 right ;)

yes i meant 2012! haha.

I'm not a big gamer though, I'll buy usually maybe 3 games a year at most. Out of your list, I'll prob be buying; Assassins Creed 3, Hitman, NFS most wanted, and Black Ops 2 maybe, can't be bothered with another call of duty game to be honest. and I'll definitely be buying WWE 13, cause I'm a big wrestling fan lol.

next year I'll prob buy Tomb raider, and when I can afford a new pc, I'll buy one to play the new Sim City lol. and then after that the only other two games that interest me so far next year are GTA V, and The Last of Us.

^Same here. Only games i bought this year were Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, NBA 2K13, Assassin's Creed 3, and I got Hitman and Farcry pre-ordered.

Next year so far the only games I got on my radar are GTA V, The Last of Us, Aliens: Coloniel Marines (maybe), and Watch Dogs if it does come out next year.

oh and i was looking forward to command & conquer generals 2, but i have no idea what EA did to that, its free to play ? and its not generals anymore. i have no clue what it all means haha.

i've bought 3 games in 2012, max payne 3. and a few weeks ago , me and my gf were looking for some racing games to play together, and we bought WRC world rally 3, which turns out isn't very good, and you can't race against each other haha. and then i bought us street fighter v arcade edition for us to play lol.

because a game doesn't need to score a 9 or a 10 for me to buy it, im not a big gamer lol.

and anyway NFS: most wanted scored a 9,

assassins creed scored and 8.5, wwe 13 scored an 8.4 ( doesn't really matter i'd be buying that game no matter the score)

You mean 2012 right ;)

yes i meant 2012! haha.

I'm not a big gamer though, I'll buy usually maybe 3 games a year at most. Out of your list, I'll prob be buying; Assassins Creed 3, Hitman, NFS most wanted, and Black Ops 2 maybe, can't be bothered with another call of duty game to be honest. and I'll definitely be buying WWE 13, cause I'm a big wrestling fan lol.

next year I'll prob buy Tomb raider, and when I can afford a new pc, I'll buy one to play the new Sim City lol. and then after that the only other two games that interest me so far next year are GTA V, and The Last of Us.

If you're getting a new PC, I suggest you pick up Rome 2 when it comes out next year. Because it will probably end up being one of the best games of 2013 ( other than GTA V ofcourse ).

Plus no offence but I don't get why anyone would like wrestling. It seems like a Soap Opera in Men's Tights, very fake and boring ( also slightly homo-erotic ). I also don't understand why you would pick up a repetitve brawling game over all the Grade A Shit that's coming out soon. I mean how could you get WWE 13 instead of Bioshock Infinite?

i'll check rome 2 out aswell !

that's exactly what it is. I know its all pre determined, but the bumps they take are real, i watch it for a mixture of some decent storylines and some of the characters i like. the new wwe game goes back to when i first started watching it in the attitude era so its a must buy for me. and i couldn't tell you if bioshock is a fps or a third person shooter. i said im not a big gamer, i buy what appeals to me.

plus wwe, is entertainment like any other tv show, thats how i look at it. its fun for me to watch,

I watched a ufc event in brazil a couple of weeks ago and it was so boring and i found it shit. they spent half their time hugging each other basically at the side of the cage.

i'll check rome 2 out aswell !

that's exactly what it is. I know its all pre determined, but the bumps they take are real, i watch it for a mixture of some decent storylines and some of the characters i like. the new wwe game goes back to when i first started watching it in the attitude era so its a must buy for me. and i couldn't tell you if bioshock is a fps or a third person shooter. i said im not a big gamer, i buy what appeals to me.

Fair enough, but if you see Bioshock Infinite get reviews of 9 or over, I'll probably be right in my assumption that it's a great game.

Plus you don't need to be a hardcore gamer to appreciate Bioshock for what it's worth, a very fun experience. That said, the first Bioshock is a classic game and still very worth a look. Bioshock 2 was very solid aswell even though it didn't quite capture the first game's originality ( it's a sequel in the same setting but ). And this is the most ambitous Bioshock yet in a new setting. If you like great visuals, experimental gameplay, interesting dialogue, an interesting story, intelligent enemies, an interesting world to explore than you just might like Bioshock Infinite. I'm pretty sure it will be a very solid game, and very worthy of a purchase.

So anyway, gold star for fagboy. ★

me?!?! :blush:...

---

also, GTAIV driving physics made for one of the greatest sandbox experiences ever... GTAIV kicked ass, and people that compare it to san andreas are spending too much time in the past... get with the times, old man...

---

also, i only bought two games this year, but rented about 4 or 5... ACIII and risen 2, that's it... max payne 3 kicked ass though, i am gonna buy that when i have downtime late winter...

---

also, i am getting this feeling that R* might release artwork for all of the leaked images... the GAME one has pretty much been confirmed with fanboy's 1st hand experience... but we've not heard anything about that rottweiler one have we?? but yea, i think they might give us a few wallpaper artwork stuff in the next couple of days...

• Like 2

i'll look it up, but i have no idea what its about, or what type of game it is.

Ahh, O.K you musn't look at gaming sites like IGN and Gamespot let alone have a subscription to Gaming Magazine's like Game Informer or Hyper.

It's a First Person Shooter in a very broad sense of the definition, with some RPG elements thrown in. Your main weapons are Firearms you can upgrade and things called Plasmids which let you activate powers. You can hold a weapon in one hand and a plasmid in the other and can use both on the fly in a battle with the very intelligent and dangerous enemies they have in these games ( the main one in the previous ones where the Big Daddies and Big Sisters, in this one it is Songbird but there will also be other interesting enemies ). I would like to explain the story and setting's basis but that would be difficult. So I'll leave it for you to look up.

Let me just say it's very interesting and has multifaceted gameplay. I would suggest playing the previous two games, but you probably wouldn't have the time or the inclination. :mellow:

perhaps yeah, i expected some stuff before the cover reveal, and i don't count the announcement as that, because i think the leaked pushed rockstar to announce it earlier maybe

i actually check ign every single day, multiple times a day haha. i just don't articles or look at screenshots of games that don't interest me. i know bioshock is a shooting game, thats it. thats all i know.

No. They knew it would get leaked. When you send out stuff with GTA V on it to stores, you know some employee is gonna take a pic and post it all over the internet.

also, GTAIV driving physics made for one of the greatest sandbox experiences ever... GTAIV kicked ass, and people that compare it to san andreas are spending too much time in the past... get with the times, old man...

GTA San Andreas only came out in 2004, that's hardly ancient.

Plus it's important to compare present games to their predecessors, both to improve in-game features and mechanics after each installment and to make sure each sequel builds upon the base laid in previous titles. Otherwise we end up with worse games with less features. Games that don't evolve, let alone revolutionize the industry. I don't want stagnation, so I really hope GTA V expands upon GTA lV's base like Vice City and San Andreas built upon GTA lll's base.

GTA lV although a great game, was a little bit of a dissapointment. But this was probably due to my expectations being a little to high ( they were massive! :D ).

wow, this topic is still off-topic... my hype was extremely high for GTAIV, and i was blown away with it... i still play it at least once a month online still.. and it's really all about the driving to me... they've made improvements in the cover/shoot system with other R* games, but it really wasn't that bad to be honest... i still kick ass at it as some forum members here could attest to *ahem aaa ahem*... but the weight of each vehicle totally made a lot missions unique depending on what vehicle you brought to the starting line, or stole in the heat of a battle... know your car models, know their nuances...

i thought GTAIV was brilliant, and will love the vast improvements in all aspects of the game with 5... it might not of deserved the perfect score, especially with the glitchy, multiplayer that is still present in current R* games, but it was revolutionary in the world of open world games... this was a living, breathing city that felt real at every corner... something even saints row 3 fails to deliver...

• Like 3

wow, you want the world, chico... you gotta lower bar a little or you'll never be happy...

Yeah I know, I'm trying to reassess my expectations, for all future games. So I'm trying not to expect anything more out of GTA V other than GTA lV in Southern Cali with slightly better graphics and a different story.

So if Rockstar does any better then this I'll be happy.

A revolution would be being able to walk into every Building - Not possible, and it's a safe bet it'll never happen, even when it is possible. Interiors are essentially worthless if they're not a set for a mission and/or don't have some sort of function or purpose. Most people would walk into a dozen or so buildings and get bored.

Fully Customizable Character with indepth RPG Elements - Entirely possible, but Rockstar wouldn't do the customization. They like to maintain a certain vibe throughout the game, and an obese, balding man wearing clown shoes and a kilt doesn't fit into any story. Rpg elements is a different story, but it would depend on what you're after

vast array of weapons and attachments ( not just a couple from the basic categories ) - Possible, and fairly likely. Would be a welcome addition to GTA.

indepth car customization ( tuning and appearance options ) - Possible, and likely. A lot of people want this back.

underworld economy, with drug dealing, chop shops, extortion etc. - Possible. Not sure how likely, but I personally would enjoy it. I love fucking up video game economies.

Shopping Centre's full of shops you can interact with ( and any mayhem you can create in there ) - Like the mall in Vice City or Saints Row 2, but fully functional? Plausible, but a mall/shopping center with a dozen or so stores is more likely.

Purchasable Businesses/Properties/ and Safehouses that are upgradeable and customizable - Plausible. Would increase the likelihood of an underworld economy if there were other businesses to use as fronts. Vice City handled this well, although I would like it to be a side activity rather than missions.

recruitable Gangsters/Homies/Bodyguards that are upgradeable ( Body Armour/ Weapons ), and can customize their appearance - Possible, if Rockstar returns to a gangster theme. Customizable appearance isn't likely, I think, for the same reasons in-depth protagonist customization isn't.

About ten more radio stations and TV Channels then were in GTA lV ( and have them change half way through the game to keep it fresh ) - Possible, but I think Rockstar covers their genres well and gives us a good variety, so I don't think they'll be adding that many stations. More TV channels and shows is more likely.

Dunno why I bothered with all that, but, there you go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Get back on topic now, gents. Or at least put something on-topic in your post. This has gone on far too long.

• Like 3

I'm hoping bikini girl is a minor character in the story, someone like Michelle in IV. I don't think her and the cuffed girl are on and the same, cuffed girl has curlier hair, and the poster suggests either her or the lady cop are going to be minor characters.

Then again, they could both be generic people in art with the sole purpose of selling life in Los Santos, and as tangible to the player as Lola. That would be a tad disappointing because I would like to know their story (okay okay, I want hot coffee.)

ordered the motha fackin xbox... i'm ready for war... well as soon as gta 5 is out.

You're shitting me after all I said you're going to get a Shitbox.

Bloody Hell, we lost another one here!!! :no:

• Like 2