Sign in to follow this  
TreeFitty

South Park.... ending this year?!?!?!

Little late for the South Park topic but a friend pointed out this Reddit topic to me regarding the latest episode.

Essentially it would seem that South Park might be finally ending.

(episode spoilers)

Stan breaks away from everyone (everything is shit), things are changing, he's growing up, his parents divorce, etc

I didn't think much of any of this since earlier in the show they said "everything resets in a week" so I figured it was just running with that joke. Plus I thought Matt/Trey were just making fun of everything as usual. But after reading the reddit post it's starting to bum me out. Some things make sense and I was expecting the song at the end to have fart sounds but it didn't. And then the silent credits. This is only half way through the season so there are still some episodes to come in the fall but will everything reset? Will they keep this new plot line to give South Park a makeover? Or will they actually pull the plug and wrap it up this year?

I would think if the series was really ending, they would of made this episode the season finale. But that would seem better fit for them to come back for a 16th season just to fuck with us. So I'm really on the fence with this. I expect some "sp has been going downhill" comments. They have some good episodes and not-as-good ones but overall I think they're still doing great with it. They've changed things up plenty of times before so hopefully (for me) they are just doing that.

Cliffhanger. :no:

maybe they might, it could end the show on a high before anyone tries to cancel it. I wouldnt think it'd affect me much, im an occasional watcher on comedy central.

sort of on topic here, is this where you get ur username from by any chance>

It's entirely possible that they might change things up and put some actual continuity in the series, make an ongoing storyline to change things up. Or not. We may potentially find out next week. Or not.

As I said in your status post - the show has gotten very tired. Lots of shit and fart jokes. They said "shit" last night... yawn. When they did this years ago, it was a big deal - they set a huge standard that paved the way for shows like "It's Always Sunny" and other shows that get away with saying shit after 10PM.

I love South Park. I've seen EVERY episode. Some of them I hold dear to my heart. I can tell you where I was when I first saw the episode. Some episodes remind me of girlfriends or hanging with my friends.

My wife and I say "Si, si fly" as a positive response to everything we say.

South Park has had lots of great episodes, but last night's episode was a metaphor for how I feel about the show.

• Like 1

I was thinking that when I was watching. I agree that the latest season hasn't been the funniest and neither was the last...but Im pretty sure the one before that was and they still have good eps in them. Royal Pudding is for sure one of my top fav eps.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are honestly two of my biggest idols when it comes to video editing/the work that goes into it. If the show ends then I'd be a little upset. I've been watching since 2001 and it hasn't gotten stale at all.

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

I couldn't care less if it ended, I've still got about 90% of them to watch anyway.

• Like 1

They just said on The Daily Show that they weren't planning on stopping. I'm going to take that wildly out of context and claim they said they would continue the show until they died.

I'm also going to spread rumors that they changed their minds immediately following the interview. People were devastated over at 4chan.

Tonight's episode is a rerun of HumancentiPad. Looks like they're doing a midseason hiatus like other shows have being doing recently. Either that or they quit.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are all for the party time. An important factor is creating South Park.

I like this show. I have watched all episodes of this show.

WOW THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT ADIN.