Qdeathstar

Possibilities of GTA being a CO-OP game?

CO-OP  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

it would totally take away from the experiance....

Think about it, if they made every mission compatable for co op that would mean every mission would have two peope in it, even if your playing solo.

Think about it, if they made every mission compatable for co op that would mean every mission would have two peope in it, even if your playing solo.

Maybe you should "think about it" Almost EVERY mission in GTAIV involves 2 or more characters. I'd like a friend to pick up a control and make Roman help me instead of screaming every 2 seconds. Besides, what exactly makes you think you'd have to use the same 2 ppl. Obviously the protag will remain but the extra would most likely be whoever suits each mission.

Maybe you should "think about it" Almost EVERY mission in GTAIV involves 2 or more characters. I'd like a friend to pick up a control and make Roman help me instead of screaming every 2 seconds. Besides, what exactly makes you think you'd have to use the same 2 ppl. Obviously the protag will remain but the extra would most likely be whoever suits each mission.

Um recheck that alot of missions have you going solo.... What do you do for that? And no ones gonna want to be your "extra". they are gonna want to be the main protagonist. This situation would just be a no win situation and it's a dumb idea anyway.

me too, i don't really want the core single player experience of gta to change. hopefully its something like more decision choices like in gta iv where you could determine the outcome. something simple like that, even then im not too bothered about having that

Im hoping they made a bold change in the multiplayer department because honestly i don't give a fuck about GTA multiplayer. i get GTA for the solo experiance.

Agree. I also buy it for solo experience.

And another note, Roman screams because thats his personality. Its called CHARACCTER DEVELOPMENT! And if you have some 11 year old kid come into your game and take control of him he turns into a automatic badass?

I think the opportunity to play as either single player or co-op with up to 4 players would be great. I'd obviously play through the story alone first just to get maximum immersion from it. But i do not oppose a co-op story one bit. I think it would make playing GTA with friends a lot more fun, and would probably entice some people into completing the game more than once or twice, that may not have otherwise...

Saying that, i don't think local co-op is a viable option, it'd most likely be online co-op if at all... As long as you could have private games with friends, i'd play it.

• Like 2

Um recheck that alot of missions have you going solo.... What do you do for that? And no ones gonna want to be your "extra". they are gonna want to be the main protagonist. This situation would just be a no win situation and it's a dumb idea anyway.

Well, obviously a game built for co op would have missions built for co op....

Co-Op might be an interesting addition. I think they should make a 4 Player ( or more, imagine 20 - 30 People AHHHHH!!! ) Horde Mode, with endless waves of enemy gangs or zombies. :D

They should have a rank-up unlock system, so the more gangsters/zombies you kill in-game the better weapons you unlock, plus maybe armour, armoured cars, machine-gun turrets/ bots you can spawn, call in air support, or extra gang members to fight for you etc, etc.

Im going to say no. From Software decided to move my favorite mech-QD-penis game (Armored Core) from single player based to team based MMO. And look what happened. Armored Core V was one of the worst recieved AC games in history, the leaderboards are filled with people who've boosted their rank and think they're god. People go to cheating/glitching in order to up their team rating. It was so bad most of the people who have been playing since the original in 97 have given up on the series altogether, and the server is flooded with stupid little children who talk shit, think they're better than everybody and have little to no respect for common decency or good sportsmanship. So no, I dont think it would be a good move on their part.

And another note, Roman screams because thats his personality. Its called CHARACCTER DEVELOPMENT! And if you have some 11 year old kid come into your game and take control of him he turns into a automatic badass?

11 year old kid?

I think it's safe to say that ppl with 0 real friends (not internet friends) that play games are going to say no but those of us with actual gaming friends would love the co-op feature. I'm not so high on a co op story mission anyway. I I just don't see why the co-op missions exclusive to online can't be local multiplayer aswell, deathmatches too, go all 007 Nightfire style. At least make the mini games (if they're good) local multiplayer.

Co-Op might be an interesting addition. I think they should make a 4 Player ( or more, imagine 20 - 30 People AHHHHH!!! ) Horde Mode, with endless waves of enemy gangs or zombies. :D

They should have a rank-up unlock system, so the more gangsters/zombies you kill in-game the better weapons you unlock, plus maybe armour, armoured cars, machine-gun turrets/ bots you can spawn, call in air support, or extra gang members to fight for you etc, etc.

This isn't Black ops hahaha!

• Like 2

SR3 had Whored Mode, where you killed waves of enemies. A play on Gears of War's Horde Mode.

Also, if you stop playing a Saints Row game a week after you get it, you're doing it wrong.

well i thought saints row 3 was shit, that's what i stopped playing it.

Agreed. Big big waste of 60 dollars. It's way to absurd and wacky for my blood.

• Like 1

I think it would be nice. but instead of having the coop player being in the cutscenes and apart of the story, it could be like the lost and damned where you call up a budy during the action and he fights with you. completely optional

I'm not quite sure how you could implement co-op into single player missions in a game like GTA, unless it was local network co-op or online co-op with the "Host" playing as the protagonist and the partner playing as a random mook to help you out. But that seems unlikely.

And to all those people who are under the impression that the only way you could only play single-player via co-op, why would they do that? Rockstar aren't retards, they understand that a game has to stand on it's singleplayer experience alone, and multiplayer is just a bonus.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing freeroam co-op return from SA again (as many others seem to as well), but make it either local network or online friends joining so you could have two players in different parts of the city.

And to the guy who assumed that everyone never plays with real friends, I only ever play multiplayer with my real friends. I hate playing online. I've got two Xbox's at home, so we can just hook them up to each other, bring a second TV into the living room and play to our heart's content. Failing that, doesn't anyone have friends who could bring their own console over to their house like I did at Uni? It's way more fun, in my opinion, to play against people you know...

Yeah, gta 4 wouldnt work for a co op focused game, but if they set out to make gta 5 a co op game missions could be tailored for multiple protagonists coexisting at the same time..

At first i wasn't excited about this, but its looking more interesting, each time i think about it...

Youd just have to have good partners....

• Like 2

No, I want Co-Op in GTA5 but I dont want people to be able to play in the story mode, I want it so you can go to a person icon and the other controller will press enter, then you and your friend run around doing stuff, i dont want it part of the story.

No, I want Co-Op in GTA5 but I dont want people to be able to play in the story mode, I want it so you can go to a person icon and the other controller will press enter, then you and your friend run around doing stuff, i dont want it part of the story.

That will be good. This way single player missions remain single player & you can have a co-op for a free roam etc.

This is good option IMO.

I would assume that rockstar would make this game co-op just to compete with Saints Row. I think it would be a fasntastic idea and there's still always the option of playing single player. Either way, I can't wait to play the story and see all the new or redesigned cars! I also can't wait for the co-op, and if no co-op at least there's free mode. :)