Qdeathstar

Possibilities of GTA being a CO-OP game?

CO-OP  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know there has been a lot of rumors flying around about the possibility of multiple protagonists through out the game. I also know that CO-OP has become all the rage and that a lot of games are doing it now days. Then twice they've released that van picture with the two guys backing out the back of the car in multiple ways, and in the screenshots theres always multiple people in the foreground... I know thats not really evidence, but what do you think about the possibililty of GTA moving from a single player game to a CO-OP game like Left - 4 - dead.

How excited would you be about that? I know for myself, i hate having to deal with internet assholes so it would be a bit of a dissapointment...

I think that will be cool. In San Andreas you can find a red people icon, you walk in it, the other controller presses enter, then you play together. San Andreas multiplayer wasn't that fun because you had to stay close to each other and it was only on one screen so i hope they make it split screen. As I said i think it will be cool to have Co-Op.

• Like 1

No no no no no!!!!!! If they make GTA V a Co-Op game i will be pissed! They need to just stick to what they've been doing. if it ain't broke don't fix it!

• Like 1

i want gta to stay the same as its always been at its core gameplay. single player. keep co-op for the online section of the game. i'd be disappointed if it moved entirely to a co op game,

• Like 1

Yes and no, i think it would be cool to have a split screen version of what GTA SA had, and allow for players to be in sperate cars, and or in seperate parts of the map. That would be pretty bad ass. as for co op missons tho, i think you could do armored truck heists and assasinations and what not. I think if they keep it just somthin seperate from the main story line ( again, like in GTA SA) then it would be a VERY nice addition

It's not like running split screen in a shooter, where you're stuck in on small map, it's a huge open world. If you're in different parts of the map, your console would have to load most of the map twice.

Okay but make it to where you can't advance through the story or anything. Just an option im multiplayer to fuck around with.

Anyways id rather have them focus on other things then co-op.

they did say a bold new direction, i hope that's just bs marketing, i don't really want local co op lol.

either way, there must be something majorly new and different about the game if "bold new direction" is true.

they did say a bold new direction, i hope that's just bs marketing, i don't really want local co op lol.

either way, there must be something majorly new and different about the game if "bold new direction" is true.

Your right. Im actually scared on what it is because i have a scary feeling im not gonna like it.

Indeed. Only time will tell what it is. Starting to get more and more excited now, after months and months of waiting, they're gonna throw shit loads at us at once. Can't wait.

me too, i don't really want the core single player experience of gta to change. hopefully its something like more decision choices like in gta iv where you could determine the outcome. something simple like that, even then im not too bothered about having that

me too, i don't really want the core single player experience of gta to change. hopefully its something like more decision choices like in gta iv where you could determine the outcome. something simple like that, even then im not too bothered about having that

Im hoping they made a bold change in the multiplayer department because honestly i don't give a fuck about GTA multiplayer. i get GTA for the solo experiance.

• Like 2

Im talking about the main story being built specifically around co op, not just a multiplayer add on option...

Fuck that. What if you don't have online and no friends? your screwed.

• Like 1

yeah i thought you meant the main story being built around co op. i do not want that atall lol.

an i've spent hours on gta iv's multiplayer over the year, mostly in free roam, but sometimes co op with my bro doing missions. its ok i guess.

Im talking about the main story being built specifically around co op, not just a multiplayer add on option...

Then, no. Would most likely destroy the franchise if they did that. Are you gone crazy!?!

Then, no. Would most likely destroy the franchise if they did that. Are you gone crazy!?!

Thank you craze. But Rockstar ain't stupid. They know what GTA fans like, im just curious on what "bold new direction" means...... those words scare me....

I'm going to assume he meant that it could either be played solo or in co-op. Saints Row 3 did this, for example.

Yea but then how would that work? They would have to make every character customizable like saints row unless they use the same two characters in EVERY mission.