Sign in to follow this  
Radiocity

In game time progression

I like the idea of slowing down daily time. But how long should in-game seasons last? Winter is bloody long enough as it is in real life, at least in my neck of the woods; it not necessarily my first choice for gameplay. In Just Cause 2, weather was based on geography rather than changing seasons. Maybe we'll be able to drive on snow and icy roads on Mt. Chiliad.

Winter shouldnt be that long if its in the game that is...I would say maybe spring and summer but would like to see temperatures drop in the game....

True. Weather should be based on geography & it will be more realistic I think. Like snowfall only on Mt. Chiliad & rain can be almost every where...

This kinda weather setup will be good IMO

i like this idea, someone on here said there could be a ski resort

Road construction would be awesome. Being able to stop and steal a construction vehicle at random. Or being chased by cops and causing them to crash into it. Having a regular two lane road down to one lane. Plowing through road construction would be fun, running over the guy who holds the stop/slow sign. How about turning the corner to find that the whole street is blocked off due to construction. Of course I would still RIP through it. Say you run over some road workers and those who aren't dead try to chase you down in there steam rollers or dump trucks.

Or how about say its night and you drive up to the scene of an accident police/ambulance and tow trucks. And of course if your in the right vehicle plow through it all lol hahaha.

A tow truck just fixing a flat tire on the highway.

In real life I would never do any if this but come on its GTA.

As far as seasons I could care less. Snow would just be anoying. Instead the storms causing roads to be slick is fine. Maybe heavy winds causing me to flip a semi truck and trailer.

I would like to see the in-game time be slowed too. It's too short. I don't really like driving much in the dark, because i don't get to take in the surroundings, and appreciate it so much. I think most of my GTA IV gaming took place at night because of this. I think saving game should progress 6-8 hours, as i would in the normal world, or have the choice to set an alarm to wake at a specific time.

Can't stand it when games put the whole save/sleep/advance time thing because there's no ill affects of not sleeping in the games (Skyrim,Sleeping dogs, etc). Either add sleep deprivation to the game or have the character sat watching TV to pass the time or something else.

Plus if they did have sleep deprivation in the game you could counter act it with energy drinks for a while for if you were on a mission and then went to a motel afterwards.

slower time progression would be a nice catch. after playing sleeping dogs which felt like it's a rainy night for 80% of the game I'd really appreciate a longer day-night cycle.

also, seasons would be cool, but since LA's climate doesn't really give us as defined seasons as other areas would do. winter is just colder and brings more rain, but still to warm for snow usually (at least in the city), so simulating it via weather wouldn't work so good. simulating seasons would mainly work via changing the entire city from summer-mode to winter-mode aka christmas with all the decorations.

another nice catch would be to make the missions consider the current time aswell. Like you gotta do a break in and this turns out to be much easier at night than at day, but instead of just making the mission available at night only or to give us a "come back between 8pm and 4am to start the mission", the mission just starts at the time you walk into the marker, no matter if day or night, and you have to see how you get it done. go in guns blazing or linger around an plan your approach till nightfall, then hit it... (on a sidenote: in general, I would like to see more variety in finishing a mission, previous GTAs were pretty narrow in terms of that)

slower time progression would be a nice catch. after playing sleeping dogs which felt like it's a rainy night for 80% of the game I'd really appreciate a longer day-night cycle.

also, seasons would be cool, but since LA's climate doesn't really give us as defined seasons as other areas would do. winter is just colder and brings more rain, but still to warm for snow usually (at least in the city), so simulating it via weather wouldn't work so good. simulating seasons would mainly work via changing the entire city from summer-mode to winter-mode aka christmas with all the decorations.

another nice catch would be to make the missions consider the current time aswell. Like you gotta do a break in and this turns out to be much easier at night than at day, but instead of just making the mission available at night only or to give us a "come back between 8pm and 4am to start the mission", the mission just starts at the time you walk into the marker, no matter if day or night, and you have to see how you get it done. go in guns blazing or linger around an plan your approach till nightfall, then hit it... (on a sidenote: in general, I would like to see more variety in finishing a mission, previous GTAs were pretty narrow in terms of that)

I like the idea of seeing decorations but i highly doubt we will see that and that would be cool to see if we could accept a mission and do it later depending on the time

I realy dislike the idea of seasons. the longer( not by alot) game days would be a must, but seasons just wouldnt seem right. lets say you get home from work one day, sit down play a few missons of GTA V, that just so happen to take place in summer/fall. Next day, do a few missons, then its like, What the hell?!? Its christmas already? i just like it to stay the same season ALL the time, because having seasons change, would take too long, and they would seem to last only a few game days/weeks. it just wouldnt seem or feel right. Having different kinds of weather geographically would be fine. Like in the mountains around mnt chilliad ( in GTA SA, it was realy just woods, so that wouldnt count), there would be occasional light snow and maybe its a little cooler during the days, but ur not going to go from blizzards to the top of chilliad, to rain or sunshine and 90 degree weather in the woods below. that would seem pretty stupid IMO.

Sign in to follow this