Sign in to follow this  
Radiocity

In game time progression

Would you like to see time progression in Gta V? For example: Seasons; fall, winter, spring etc. mabye construction on a street one week then 2 in game weeks later its completed, just some minor examples. do you think is a good idea to put in the game? What are your thoughts?

Time for construction is pretty good I think but it has very little chance to be incorporated in the game...

Does it ever even snow in Cali apart from in the mountains? Plus seasonal changes would be hard (i think) to pull off, i've not seen a game yet where trees and flowers lose their leaves then gradually bloom again, would be cool to see though. Wouldn't mind seeing the sun gradually setting earlier and latter to rise as the seasons change so you'd have more time to sneak around at night, and to have an actual calendar year.

Don't like the whole construction thing neither, sorry, don't need the headache of being chased by the cops then turning a corner and can't get through because of lorries and stuff.

Would like to see the days lengthened in V. Two seconds = one hour in-game was good in IV, but I'd prefer three or four seconds per hour. Still takes six 'hours' to finish missions and whatnot.

Does it ever even snow in Cali apart from in the mountains? Plus seasonal changes would be hard (i think) to pull off, i've not seen a game yet where trees and flowers lose their leaves then gradually bloom again, would be cool to see though. Wouldn't mind seeing the sun gradually setting earlier and latter to rise as the seasons change so you'd have more time to sneak around at night, and to have an actual calendar year.

Maybe they could start wearing coats or long sleeve shirts along those line somewhere

Would like to see the days lengthened in V. Two minutes = one hour in-game was good in IV, but I'd prefer three or four minutes per hour. Still takes six 'hours' to finish missions and whatnot.

Fixed :v

• Like 2

I would like to see the in-game time be slowed too. It's too short. I don't really like driving much in the dark, because i don't get to take in the surroundings, and appreciate it so much. I think most of my GTA IV gaming took place at night because of this. I think saving game should progress 6-8 hours, as i would in the normal world, or have the choice to set an alarm to wake at a specific time.

I do like the idea of seeing seasonal changes in-game. It adds a layer of immersion, just like weather patterns do in IV.

• Like 3

Would like to see the days lengthened in V. Two minutes = one hour in-game was good in IV, but I'd prefer three or four minutes per hour. Still takes six 'hours' to finish missions and whatnot.

Fixed :v

Yeah, that. I don't smoke weed anymore, so I really have no excuse for that slip-up.

A rampage season

If you kill many people/police, then other criminals will do the same while your holding up the police and there will become a chaos on the streets.

If you die/arrest, the police will try to catch the other criminals untill the chaos is over.

I don't think it will snow in LA (Los Santos).

Longer hours would be awesome too.

In TBOGT when you where running the club, after 3 minutes you where done because it became daylight again.

A freezy weather would be awesome.

You have to wear thicker clothes if you don't want to pass out.

Bullets do less damage to you

It becomes slippy on the road (even more than a wet road)

Change that the lock of your car is freezed

Seasonal changes will probably be something for the next generation consoles, but I like the idea for it.

I would like to see the in-game time be slowed too. It's too short. I don't really like driving much in the dark, because i don't get to take in the surroundings, and appreciate it so much. I think most of my GTA IV gaming took place at night because of this. I think saving game should progress 6-8 hours, as i would in the normal world, or have the choice to set an alarm to wake at a specific time.

I do like the idea of seeing seasonal changes in-game. It adds a layer of immersion, just like weather patterns do in IV.

x2

i have never thought of this. i realy think that the days and nights should be longer. in gta 4, you could just stand there for about a minute and watch the shadows move, or the sun come up. i think id would feel more imersive if he days were longer. Weather wise, i think that would be too hard to do that, as like in gta 4, even thruoght like a year was it? icant quite remember, but the game spanned over a good few months or so, and the weather stayed the same. So i think having varriations in the weather would be fine like: light to heavy rain, thick to thin fog, breezy to somewhat windy days, and in the mountians there should be snow, and there should be obviously nice days, to very hot days. these would make the game feel longer anyway, other than adding seasons wich seem to change everytime you pass a few missons.

i have never thought of this. i realy think that the days and nights should be longer. in gta 4, you could just stand there for about a minute and watch the shadows move, or the sun come up. i think id would feel more imersive if he days were longer. Weather wise, i think that would be too hard to do that, as like in gta 4, even thruoght like a year was it? icant quite remember, but the game spanned over a good few months or so, and the weather stayed the same. So i think having varriations in the weather would be fine like: light to heavy rain, thick to thin fog, breezy to somewhat windy days, and in the mountians there should be snow, and there should be obviously nice days, to very hot days. these would make the game feel longer anyway, other than adding seasons wich seem to change everytime you pass a few missons.

Maybe a time where its warm during the and a little chilly at night or one day where its chilly chilly and you can se the smoke off the cars

I don't think it will snow in LA (Los Santos).

Longer hours would be awesome too.

In TBOGT when you where running the club, after 3 minutes you where done because it became daylight again.

It becomes slippy on the road (even more than a wet road)

Change that the lock of your car is freezed

That idea sounds good maybe you start seeing the stores fade out short sleeve shirts, short pants etc. and start bringing out chilly type weather clothes

Tbh I think that's a great idea. But with all the already-in-game details I don't see that being a part of it. Maybe in 'GTA VI', but not yet. I really do think they should include seasons into the franchise. Especially with winter-like weather. It's about time they have something other than just rain, wind, sun, and clouds.

Agree with everything said here. Slow down time so you can actually enjoy the detail of the city during the day.

Thick clothing won't stop a bullet ( not even a hollow point ) going through clothing. Unless the clothing has Kevlar or Metal/Ceramic plates built into it.

construction could possibly be in the game if the changes happened during the missions. ex. (you blew up a crane, and for the rest of the game the crane was a pile or debris). as for seasons, i can't see that really happening, especially not winter. I know that Cali has ski resort, but they barely ever get snow fall in la.

construction could possibly be in the game if the changes happened during the missions. ex. (you blew up a crane, and for the rest of the game the crane was a pile or debris). as for seasons, i can't see that really happening, especially not winter. I know that Cali has ski resort, but they barely ever get snow fall in la.

or say like you burned down a building in a mission and afterwards you see them trying to rebuild it each day, it could even be on the news

I like the idea of slowing down daily time. But how long should in-game seasons last? Winter is bloody long enough as it is in real life, at least in my neck of the woods; it not necessarily my first choice for gameplay. In Just Cause 2, weather was based on geography rather than changing seasons. Maybe we'll be able to drive on snow and icy roads on Mt. Chiliad.

I like the idea of slowing down daily time. But how long should in-game seasons last? Winter is bloody long enough as it is in real life, at least in my neck of the woods; it not necessarily my first choice for gameplay. In Just Cause 2, weather was based on geography rather than changing seasons. Maybe we'll be able to drive on snow and icy roads on Mt. Chiliad.

True. Weather should be based on geography & it will be more realistic I think. Like snowfall only on Mt. Chiliad & rain can be almost every where...

This kinda weather setup will be good IMO

Sign in to follow this