Brian

Politics

The issue is that the proposed wall is a very short term project that will cost a fortune, create a disappointing number of temporary jobs (along with a small number of jobs for our great nation's many assholes), and have zero long-term benefits for the country as a whole. Trump just wants to wave his dick around because he's that kind of guy.

Also, it's a hell of a lot easier to maintain your spot in the middle class than it is to be impoverished and work your way up. I think offering a hand to those who need it is perfectly fine. I do think, however, that we need to focus on the poor in America, before the poor anywhere else.

After giving Mexico millions of dollars in silver, which would have been stolen from them in the first place, a hundred years ago. Unlike reparations for slavery, it would actually be a valid cause.

What works for Israel is having more allies than any Islamic nation. Take down that wall, and nothing of note changes.

It couldn't even save Brad Pitt from zombies in that godawful movie.

You think it's israels allies that are preventing suicide attacks within israel. Nah. It's the wall and profiling.

That is correct. We're all about needless divisiveness and a complete and total halting of our progress as a species.

*Builds small wall between bOnEs and myself*

Hey, man, I'm gonna need you to pay for this.

• Like 1

I mean if Bones continued to go into your space illegally, all the while bringing drugs and crime in, while costing you billions per year, then shit I think a wall wouldn't be such a bad idea. Especially since it's worked for so many other countries.

A federal hiring freeze so we stop paying the salaries of needless government positions being filled by buddies of politicians? Sounds great to me.

Getting rid of federal grant money going toward sanctuary cities? Sounds good to me. I'd rather that grant money go to infrastructure or legal citizens. 

Stopping executive officials from lobbying for five years after leaving office? A lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign governments? Sounds nice to me. They serve us, not organizations, corporations, or other countries.

Fixing the crippling regulations that have been choking small businesses? Hey, not so bad. Now when regulations are passed, two must be dissolved, and many are not necessary. 

New task force created to reduce drug trafficking, violent crime, and to reduce crime overall? Can you really tell me something so bad about this?

Increasing penalties for crimes against police officers? Good. Most cops are not bad people. 

Working with foreign governments to reduce international crime? Sounds good too.

Trump hasn't done anything bad really so far. I'm not the biggest fan of how he's handled the EPA/Environment though, but no president has ever been perfect.

i can acknowledge that he's done a few things right.... helping small businesses is always a great idea, linda mccmahon will do a decent job...

increasing punishment for crimes against police officers?? not for that... that will create even more dicks on the force... yes there's good cops, but it's the bad ones something like this benefits...i think all cops should be wearing gopro cams... spend money on that...

help reduce international crime?? we can't even do it here in the states, why waste that money elsewhere??

the new drug task force sounds nice, but it's gonna lead to racial profiling and since we've yet to ever win the war on drugs, we're just gonna waste that money too...

federal hiring freeze is good... i appreciate him trying to break up the good ol boys club of getting friends meaningless jobs for taxpayers money...

the wall thing tho, there's gotta be a better way than just putting up a wall and saying fuck you!! pay for it... tougher penalties for hiring illegals, housing them, allowing them to live off of our tax dollars... no medical expenses, etc... get a working visa, start there... get taxed like the rest of us... don't build a damn wall lol... can you imagine what that would do to the ecosystem along that border?? what about the natural terrain? do you want to ruin the majestic view of the grand canyon??

this video cracked me up tho :lol:

if any one of you had to deal with anything that falls under the EPA's perdue you'd praise trump fro what he is doing. One of my customers has been waiting 14 years to get approval to replace a 10ft dock that got damaged during hurricane isabel... 

• Like 1

Increasing punishment for hurting or killing a police officer is in no way bad... I don't even get how you could not be for that. A police officer will do his job the same no matter what, when you assault an officer your already breaking major crimes, so making the punishments harder isn't going to make any police officer more of a dick. That reasoning just makes no fucking sense. Millions of people interact with hundreds of thousands of cops daily, it's rare a cop breaks the law on these days. And many cops are dicks to you during traffic stops or whatever because they use verbal judo. If a cop's all nice and not authoritative no one would listen to him, whether that's you getting a ticket for running a stop sign or a crackhead holding some woman hostage robbing her house for drug money.

Working with other nations regarding international crimes means we are reducing our resources in other countries, which is a good thing, and also helping stop crime that starts overseas before it even comes to our country.

Racial profiling works, sorry but it's true. Why do you think so many people stopped who claim racial profiling are breaking laws? Cause it's what they do. Stop and frisk in NYC reduced crime by a metric fuckton, I'm local to the city, I've seen how it's changed. Too bad they stopped it.

All the things you named are being done alongside building the wall as well.

i don't see it that way, but to each their own... i'd rather see go-pro's on every officer, that would eliminate most of the bad cops... you're punished enough for crimes against cops, what's more punishment gonna do??

racial profiling in this new world of ours is not a very good approach to solving crime... many innocent people get harassed...

I agree that cameras should be on every cop. They have no problem putting cameras everywhere on citizens, so why not on them. Honest cops shouldn't mind. 

• Like 2

exactly... here's footage of a shooting in my neck of the woods... some dude called the cops about a domestic abuse in the area... the police show up, start their investigation when the guy who called it in shows up to shoot the cops... i'd have to dig up the story why he did that, something about thinking his wife was cheating on him or something... but he was shot dead in this firefight... this is what go-pro cams are good for... like QD said, good cops would have no problem wearing these... it would easily keep bad cops in check...

i'm all for the police... they do far more good for this country than most will give credit for... i see them regularly down at the brewery to make sure the riff raff doesn't spill into our area of benton harbor... they don't need stricter laws hurting the people they are trying to protect, they just need the public to see these situations from their point of view... trust me, this black lives matter movement has turned into the voice of people who provoke cops... having cameras like this would certainly prove to the world that the cops were in the right... not all cases work this way, but this goes a long ways to mending that gap...

in that video i posted, the people of that neighborhood were using the black lives matter motto afterwards :rolleyes:... the only lives that mattered there were the police, and the neighborhood... they quickly stopped saying that a couple days later lol...

EDIT: ok, he called in that someone was being held at gunpoint, which was enough to bring the cops (RUMORS were that it was over a domestic dispute)... he then open fired on the cops once they arrived... he was shot dead in the incident and everyone not on that block thought it was another black dead by cops... lol no charges were filed because of this video footage... case closed...

stuff like this could save a lot of resources that could be better spent on the wall brian wants to build :rolleyes::P... lol just joshing you, you've made some good arguments here, same with QD... like i said, i like a good debate, i just don't want to see it get nasty... we can be civil god dammit...

On 1/23/2017 at 5:19 AM, Jizzy said:

I would be concerned if he shut down fucking fox news the way he did. You can't just say any news that doesn't kiss your ass is fake. That's bad shit

I'm a few months late but oh well.  The mainstream media is shit.  You literally can't believe any of them unless you're there at the event.  They will take what happened cut which ever part of the story fits their agenda all to make their ratings go up so their paychecks will be nice and hefty.

To give you an idea of what I mean in case I confused you.  Remember that Trump controversy where he allegedly said that he grabbed women by the pussy?  Yeah that isn't anything close to what he said.  He actually said "When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.  Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything."  See they twisted everything he said when all did was say the truth many women will let celebrities do whatever they want.