Pothatuu

How do you play GTA?

*bump*

I try my best to follow the sequence of the missions. If I get stuck on a mission, I'll fuck about in the city until I get up the nerve to try again. I'm not too cautious about using cheats before I finish the storyline, I love manipulating the game. Whether or not I attain an unfair advantage in doing so, I don't mind.

When I had GTA III I use to play it as a driving simulator. I had gotten one of those GameStop steering wheels and eventually found out that it worked with GTA III.

Oh my God...If the steering wheel I have works with IV, I NEED to try that.

EDIT: It does. It's a shame you can't walk to a parked Lamborghini with a steering wheel. Too bad I'm so used to controller driving, or that would have been a blast.

Yup, I had the same issue with SA :( You could try picking up a wheel with joysticks.

I switch between the main game and the episodic add on's but and then back to the main game etc.. But I do it only when the stories cross over, for example the mission where Niko has to kill that biker for the Russian that's when I jump to tlad and then once I am up to that part in tlad I will go back to main game or variations of the same

Some of these comments are making me laugh, I'm happy I finally found a GTA forum where all the members aren't complete idiots.

Anyways, I usually just do the missions, try to get as much of the full experience of the game by doing some sidemissions and stuff.. When I'm done with that, I just fuck around, trying to get the character killed in the most random way and so on.. I'll usually try out some cheats, fly planes or helicopters, kill cops, do stunts, ...

I definitely had the most fun with GTA San Andreas, even after the storyline was finished, there was just SO MUCH to do!

I'll drive the speed limit just so i don't scratch my brand new and shiny modded out car, until the AI decides to be a cunt and spawns a police chase in somewhere nearby, which ends up with the police car hitting mine, and then me getting out in a fit of rage and shooting the fuck out of them, which then progresses to me running around for the next half hour killing everyone in site. Apart from that i don't play the game like The Sims.

Whereas Skyrim and Fallout i will do, but then i guess that's because in those games you make the character your own.

Half the time I just drive around and fuck shit up, the other half I do missions. In GTA IV I mainly went on multiplayer after I'd completed the story. There wasn't anything to do except for drinking and bowling with the cousin.

I've been getting into multiplayer more recently. I've always played toward getting 100% on every GTA. Now that I've done it with IV, TLAD, and TBoGT, I'm just working on achievements (hence the multiplayer). I've never been one to achievement whore..just on GTA. Currently at 47/65.

On IV, when I'm not in multiplayer, I usually just roleplay - drive around, stop at red lights, get in fights with peds I walk past that are rubbing me the wrong way. I pretty much get drunk with Jacob and Packie every other night.

I rarely play TLAD. I only played it for the story really and got 100%.

On TBoGT, I mainly just play multiplayer. When not in multiplayer, I utilize Luis for all the crazy criminal activities. Chases, blowing shit up, trolling cops, etc.

I kinda roleplay. I play like I would feel that character would act, and during the story I don't act all crazy I try to keep low key. If I shoot someone I run away or drive away. I don't do a lot of pedestrian killing. I play the missions and then after the story I make up my own stories. For instance after TLaD I blew through all of Johnny's money and have him constantly struggling to get by. Niko I have as a contract killer. Killing of certain gang members,corrupt police officers, etc and Luis is struggling with the lure of drug money and how it strains his loyalty to Tony/Maisonette.

I used to read a lot of books when I was younger, it really got me into writing. The stories ended and I always wanted to know what happened afterward. With video games(especially Rockstar's) I am able to continue the story as I see fit.

• Like 1

I never thought of doing that, Tanner. That's a unique way to do things. I might try that if I ever tire of inventive methods of pedestrian massacre.

Haha you should have seen me in San Andreas. I had a field day with that game. So many things to do, so many stories to make. It was fantastic. I'm excited for 5 because of all of the possibilities!

I've already got some ideas floating around in my head.

On every date with Michelle, after the first of course, I take her to Perestroika because she hates it. Then I take her home and have my way with her. Bt it's okay since she's using me too.

In San Andreas I would go to the Diner just west of the airstrip in Bone County and get a Semi, attach a trailer to it and try to drive all the way around the map without jack knifing or otherwise wrecking it. I'd also spend a lot of time flying that giant 747 that was stored at the Las Ventruas Airport, and tryng to land it at the 4 airports without wrecking it.

In San Andreas I would go to the Diner just west of the airstrip in Bone County and get a Semi, attach a trailer to it and try to drive all the way around the map without jack knifing or otherwise wrecking it. I'd also spend a lot of time flying that giant 747 that was stored at the Las Ventruas Airport, and tryng to land it at the 4 airports without wrecking it.

A new female member :o