Sign in to follow this  
Pothatuu

Vice City 10th Anniversary October 29th

i noticed that the cutstom radio station repeats the first song every time i go to it... i think someone mentioned that earlier, but it kinda sucks... at least make it random, otherwise it's a pointless addition :angry:... i am guessing random times within a song would be out of the question too...

• Like 1

i noticed that the cutstom radio station repeats the first song every time i go to it... i think someone mentioned that earlier, but it kinda sucks... at least make it random, otherwise it's a pointless addition :angry:... i am guessing random times within a song would be out of the question too...

This always happend to me on the PC version too. I guess they never fixed it.

Uploaded a couple of images to iGTA. I forgot to adjust the settings to full though. Draw distance was still only 75% default or something.

LENS FLAIR'D!

post-28-0-82035400-1355680441_thumb.png

• Like 2

patches were just released for both mobile networks... for the iOS, they fixed a silly glitch i saw a couple of times where the helicopter spun around in a circle when you took off... plus, they added a feature to the custom radio station... if you shake the phone, it will change the song :D...

https://itunes.apple...&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

R* listens... sometimes... however, all my custom controls were reset and now i have to set them all up again :angry:... can't win all the time...

• Like 1

Behind the Scenes in Grand Theft Auto Vice City's "The Lab" Part-1

http://www.rockstarg...ab-part-1-.html

Here’s a special treat from the archives. Nearly ten years ago, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City was honored by London’s Design Museum as an annual design award nominee recognizing the ‘biggest contribution to design in 2002’ alongside such other newfangled technology as Apple’s iPod. Part of the award festivities included a special installation at the museum for which we produced an exclusive set of interactive kiosks to give visitors a glimpse of how Vice City was created – specifically focused on the game’s Animation, Sound, and City Design architecture. In honor of Vice City's 10th anniversary and release for Android and iOS, we’ve dug up the original files from this digital display not seen since the original museum exhibition and for the first time are publishing the entire three-part series online – starting with today’s Animation chapter seen above. Enjoy rare footage and sketches including:

“Motion Capture”- a rare video showing a cutscene between Kent Paul and Tommy Vercetti going from motion-capture through to 3D model wireframe to finished product.

“Sketch Book” - a progression of original character sketches through to final models and now-iconic illustrations of such folks as Lance Vance, Avery Carrington, Ken Rosenberg and more.

"“Tommy Moves”- a set of clips showing the genesis of Tommy’s animations whether jumping into a Comet sportscar, dive kicking a biker off his chopper or running with a chainsaw...

386169_10151386998715097_20057282_n.jpg

The artwork is nice to see after all these years. Looking forward to part two.

I do like the art style for the GTA III Era. I think they should keep that sort of caricature alive in some way. Maybe a new manhunt in the RAGE engine but with this style!

i'm not sure what dup was referring to when he said cherry popper now lol. could be the ice cream shop in vice city or british slang for "breaking your virginity" haha - "popping your cherry"... i might be thinking too much into that, its late.. lol

but i was talking about the first plays of gta games.. so it make sense to me haha

• Like 1

Took a few screens here and here when i remembered too whilst playing through.

clDta.jpg

D1PhY.png

( ^ Low draw distance lol ^ )

VlnXz.png

t7PVw.jpg

AhdqV.jpg

bxnLx.jpg

Haven't played it much in the last two or three days though. Far Cry 3 has distracted me for the moment. As well as a couple of downloads from PSN recently. I'll go back to this soon though, i always do.

I'm probably in the minority on this but instead of GTA 6, I want Rockstar to make an HD remake of Vice City, expanded to include more of Florida and maybe a mission or 2 in Cuba.  The reason for a remake instead of a new game is that 80's vibe that made the game so much fun.  Flesh out the plot, add new features etc. etc.  

If they make a new Vice City game set today, then I hope they read Tim Dorsey's Serge Storms novels because a game based on his character would be just as much fun.

I am replaying San Andreas for the first time since I got it and I wouldn't mind a remake of that one either...  The nostalgia of the period it is set in really makes the game and as good as GTAV is, for me it lacks that sort of feel...

Anyone agree or is it upward and onward from here?

Not as much as a remake, but try to dwell on the very same atmosphere and 80s vibe. Hours spent on playing VC actually taught me something about how the architecture looked lik,e the music sounded like and so on and I'd like more of that.

But personally for some reason hard to explain, I don't think they're ever going to do this. Perhaps it'd better to perfect a VC version into GTAO.