Fuck, Michael and Frank could probably do it. Trevor would just slip and die. Or Mike could just keel over and have a heart attack. Watch_Dogs style parkour is something R* should consider.

Frank would be the best at it, did you see how he slid over that car bonnet, that's some sleepy and watch dawgz stuff.

I don't think there should be parkour free running because can you see 30-50 year old men doing parkour , especially in a GTA game .GTA is all about killing , stealing , and all round violence . So there is no need for parkour.

• Like 1

I don't think there should be parkour free running because can you see 30-50 year old men doing parkour , especially in a GTA game .GTA is all about killing , stealing , and all round violence . So there is no need for parkour.

And yet we can do yoga in GTA V. Unless you'll be doing the 'downward dog' with an AK47 in your hand you may as well look forward to more non-violent, action-based activities.

I've been seeing a lot of comments about Michael being old and that he won't be able to move fast or do any athletic moves (such as free-running) on this topic and pretty much anywhere else on the Internet..

Now I don't understand that when there's another character, Trevor, who looks older than Michael to me. And even if that's not true, Michael actually looks like the kind of guy who takes care of his body. He plays sports. Trevor on the other hand just looks like the kind of guy who doesn't give a flying fuck about his health or physical appearance.

• Like 1

I am fine with whatever as long as it isn't that stupid "Hit X to do everything" controller set up that we see in games like "Sleeping Dogs". That's not to say that I didn't like that game, its just a little over simplified.

Well, X is the button to jump. X to do everything made sense to me. It's no different than GTA IV using Square to climb things extremely slowly.

I don't care about parkour, I just hope the climbing animations are a little faster. You don't need to be an expert freerunner to climb a fence quickly. I don't know what Niko's problem was. No chain link fences in Serbia, I guess.

Its the jump button and the sprint button. so when I am running along I am just repeatedly hitting X like an idiot. Why dont they just give us a stick with one button on the end that we just repeatedly hit every time the screen tells us too. Okay I am over reacting, but sometimes that is how I feel.

The 'parkour' is pretty frk'n bad. It's weird that you can do a front flip from just jumping off a small building or house. I don't think they've improved on 4's.

I have no idea why you put the word in quotation marks, as though Rockstar intended for there to be parkour. They obviously did not. The protagonists are a muscular hoodlum and two middle aged men, parkour has no place here.

• Like 1

parkour has no place here.

Then so would be this topic. It's just that I expected free running to be cool, just like what you see in gangster movies where gangsters jump from and across building to building, over a fence with style. Playing as Franklin I hoped to do that in certain missions.

parkour has no place here.

Then so would be this topic. It's just that I expected free running to be cool, just like what you see in gangster movies where gangsters jump from and across building to building, over a fence with style. Playing as Franklin I hoped to do that in certain missions.

you have been watching too many movies, people are usually scared shitless on shootouts and are usually not focus on doing stupid stunts like those.

Err, at the iGTA crew event on Monday just gone, we all spent a good half an hour parkouring 1 jump. It has its time and place, just like bike stunting, and other forms of extreme activities.

0_0.jpg

It's about taking advantage of an open world. Why limit it to just vehicles? Why not have the ability to scale the 3D world in a manner that's fluent and exciting? I'd love more stunt jumps (not the cut scene ones) for cars but I think it would be great if you could create your own on-foot stunts as well.