Riley Bradeen

Shooting and Getting Shot in GTA 5

Ragdolling IS physics, so why don't you people stop posting illegitimate crap and trying to prove an unknown point and agree, if you don't, then go light up the rants and raves about me... So, if you don't agree, get out of this topic. Simple. If you people would like to keep posting, why don't you answer the original topic question... Which was: " How would you like to see R* change/improve/keep the mechanics the same in GTA 5?"

You may post now:

I will never understand why kids think they get to tell people what to do in their topics.

People are making valid points that you're either misunderstanding or ignoring. Also, people are not required to agree with you and have no reason or obligation to do so.

• Like 1

Riley, debonaire de brain, discussions generally require multitudes of points of view....

honkys, spics, and jews... This ^^^^^^ is what multiculturalism has done to humanity, we all want to be so equal we end up being the same, or believe that everyone should agree with us...

"we all want to be so equal we end up the same" -Quote by

KnightOfDebaseCountenance

How the f**k does that make sense? lol jk........ I know what you mean though and agree, to a point... I mean I don't think it's cool when people come in and start complaining about my posts and how they don't make sense and how they're wrong... It's like, "Don't be all up in here in my topic if you are gonna disagree with everything that I say...

ril

Ragdolling IS physics, so why don't you people stop posting illegitimate crap and trying to prove an unknown point and agree, if you don't, then go light up the rants and raves about me... So, if you don't agree, get out of this topic. Simple. If you people would like to keep posting, why don't you answer the original topic question... Which was: " How would you like to see R* change/improve/keep the mechanics the same in GTA 5?"

You may post now:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for respect, I can tell you I don't have respect for you. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop disrespecting us now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Like 1

I really don't get this whole ragdoll thing. You ragdolled all the time in GTAIV and RDR. Especially when you died. Sorry guys but R* seems to agree with Riley. However ragdolling because you got shot and not dying seems a bit silly to me. In other words, the only time you should ragdoll when shot is when you die.

I think getting shot should work like this.

If you get shot in the leg: You limp (you can still run but the running animation is different and more of a struggle)

Get shot in the arm: Your aim gets thrown off and the player acknowledges the injury a bit.

Get shot in the torso: You lose a chunk of life.

Get shot in the head: You're dead.

These things should be rare though because in all honesty the only way getting shot in this game would work realistically is if most bullets just grazed you and caused your life gauge to decrease that way.

I really don't get this whole ragdoll thing. You ragdolled all the time in GTAIV and RDR. Especially when you died. Sorry guys but R* seems to agree with Riley. However ragdolling because you got shot and not dying seems a bit silly to me. In other words, the only time you should ragdoll when shot is when you die.

If you get shot in the leg: You limp (you can still run but the running animation is different and more of a struggle)

Get shot in the arm: Your aim gets thrown off and the player acknowledges the injury a bit.

These things should be rare though because in all honesty the only way getting shot in this game would work realistically is if most bullets just grazed you and caused your life gauge to decrease that way.

Effect of getting shot in arm & torso is great, as you said but

effect of getting shot in head would be more realistic than required :no: . Because in most of missions you have would high no of chance to be dead in only one shot & i think it'll be annoying after some time later in game...

You'd keep getting headshots causing instant death IMO.

effect of getting shot in head would be more realistic than required :no: . Because in most of missions you have would high no of chance to be dead in only one shot & i think it'll be annoying after some time later in game...

"These things should be rare though because in all honesty the only way getting shot in this game would work realistically is if most bullets just grazed you and caused your life gauge to decrease that way."

Also, there were one shot deaths in RDR. Didn't annoy me. -_-

• Like 1

"These things should be rare though because in all honesty the only way getting shot in this game would work realistically is if most bullets just grazed you and caused your life gauge to decrease that way."

Also, there were one shot deaths in RDR. Didn't annoy me. -_-

Agreed, shooting in RDR was good enough. Anything like that would be good enough for V, imo.

• Like 1

I thought the shooting was better in Max Payne 3 than in RDR, but that's just me... The way you died, and reacted in game, to certain situations was very exceptional, in my mind. The way that you fell to the ground after you died in multiplayer or single player just seemed to be more "organized" if you will.

They could make armour a little more dynamic I think. If you've got a vest on, a shotgun blast to the torso should maybe knock you back a little, but do little damage. Maybe they could add new armour pieces like a ballistic helmet, which could greatly decrease pistol damage from headshots.

• Like 2

Maybe if an RPG explodes near you, I manage to blow my self up a lot, it'll like blow your arm off an you have to go pick it up and run to the hospital with it.

I have seen people being shot, a lot.

Where have you seen people being shot, a lot?

Maybe if an RPG explodes near you, I manage to blow my self up a lot, it'll like blow your arm off an you have to go pick it up and run to the hospital with it.

No.

I have seen people being shot, a lot.

Where have you seen people being shot, a lot?

If and when Massacre says something like that, do not question it. -_-

I think it would be halfway reasonable if we could fire a pistol while in the water, even if it's wildly inaccurate and we have to wait 5 seconds between shots. Won't necessarily do any good but might buy a second or two while a cop ducks for cover.

Just imagine your in a huge ass shoot out with the fuzz and you toss a grenade over your head. It lands right under a police cruiser and blows up in a spectacular fireball. The glass flies throught the air shredding anybody nearby to bloody pulps. The cops who were using the cruiser as cover are blown to peices and the chunks rain down. One cop is thrown off his feet and his legs get torn away from the immense pressure wave. The smoke settles, and there is the cop with no legs, the last alive crawling with every last bit of strength he has, and then a peice of stray metal crushes his body and blood sprays acroos the ground. The end.

Just imagine your in a huge ass shoot out with the fuzz and you toss a grenade over your head. It lands right under a police cruiser and blows up in a spectacular fireball. The glass flies throught the air shredding anybody nearby to bloody pulps. The cops who were using the cruiser as cover are blown to peices and the chunks rain down. One cop is thrown off his feet and his legs get torn away from the immense pressure wave. The smoke settles, and there is the cop with no legs, the last alive crawling with every last bit of strength he has, and then a peice of stray metal crushes his body and blood sprays acroos the ground. The end.

Do you have unresolved emotional issues like everybody else here?

I think it would be halfway reasonable if we could fire a pistol while in the water, even if it's wildly inaccurate and we have to wait 5 seconds between shots. Won't necessarily do any good but might buy a second or two while a cop ducks for cover.

I could see this. shooting underwater is very possible IRL, but like you said it will be inaccurate and I don't think the rounds would do to much damage at any sort of distance. There shouldn't be a wait between shots, rapid firing underwater is not impossible.

I could see this. shooting underwater is very possible IRL, but like you said it will be inaccurate and I don't think the rounds would do to much damage at any sort of distance. There shouldn't be a wait between shots, rapid firing underwater is not impossible.

That's true, but you could try using both hands for better aim before you start to sink, then get yourself back up.