Riley Bradeen

Shooting and Getting Shot in GTA 5

In GTA 5, there will be some of the same shooting mechanics, and some that are different, for instance the camera of aiming a gun while driving a car in GTA 4 wasn't shaky at all, , the camera in Gta 5, the camera might be shaky all the time, because of bumps and minorities on the road surface. How would you like to see R* change/improve/keep the mechanics the same in GTA 5?

Also, when getting shot in GTA 5, would you guys rather it be like GTA 4 , not realistic so as where if you get shot, you flinch hard, and lose a little health, or get rag-dolled so you kiel over and potentially fall down? I'd like it like that, getting rag-dolled around, to make it more accurate to real life... Tell me what you guys think.

Edited by DuffMan
Spam deleted and posts merged
  • Like 1

because of bumps and minorities on the road surface.

Nothing like running over honkys and chinese people.

• Like 13

Yeah, I know what you mean, but you gotta take the good with the bad... It doesn't even really matter how annoying or bad it would be or how good it would be if you were rag-dolled, Rockstar will give us a great game, no matter what, so we don't have anything to be worrying about.

All change may be bad or good but in general I like realistic games so I think I will enjoy this kind of aim with a weapon while I drive a vehicle. Besides, this question may be resolved by Rockstars in the game options. The gamers could choose if they want to aim with a weapon like in GTAIV or GTAV. In multiplayer as well.

I'd like the aiming to be like max payne 3, normal free aim would be holiding a pistol in one hand looking gangster but zoomed in would require 2 hands holding the pistol like a police officer. As for getting shot, it definitely needs to be changed, red dead had a good affect, it gave you much more of a danger feel you could actually tell you were going to die, whereas in GTA IV it felt like you were getting shot by BB guns. I think it should definitely make your body swing about a bit. I'd actually love the idea of you getting hurt that much you have to limp, would be so so so fun in multiplayer.

• Like 1

In max payne 3 you did keel over a bit for a moment after recieveing a critical hit, yet you were still able to continue shooting durring the process, and as you probably have noticed rockstar tends to build off of past games. So I wouldn't expect you getting shot to interfier with your shooting but you can probably expect to see that you are in pain after being shot. Explosives will definatly cause you to rag doll if you are close enough to the explosion though (of course lol).

To be honest though i want headshots to be instant death in gta5. I hated how in gta4 I, and other players online, could take multiple shots to the head. I think it's time to impliment regenerateing health (at least for the multiplayer) so they can make damage per shot more realistic. In single player they could just add check points and keep the health packs, I just don't see the point for any purpose other than nostalgia. I think we're past the point off using a band aid or eating a hotdog to heal bullet wounds. Though avoiding gunfire for a select period of time in real life wouldn't heal wounds (it is a game we're talking about so injury and realism will never work perrfectly together without frustration) regening health has been working well for many other games and in recent rockstar games aswell (rdr+mp3 multi to name two).

So all in all hopefully injury will be more realistic, but not too realistic that it interfiers with fun and playability. And I don't think road surfaces will make your reticule move or throw off your aiming, I think you will have full and uninterupted control of your reticule much like gta 4. but if your car is bouncing over dirt piles and tree roots while off roading i doubt you will have ease aiming while trying to control your car and deal with a constantly changeing point of focus. I say if you can drive over uneven and difficult to navigate terain while shooting, props to you and the game shouldnt try to make it more difficult for you.

Meh, i dont see what is wrong with auto lock... click and shoot, seems good to me.

He was talking about shooting out of cars, which as you probably remeber was free aim wether you had auto on or not.

And on that topic, I hope they get rid of autolock in multiplayer. There should only be free aim and soft lock. Soft lock is good for people who have difficulties aiming as it will place your reticule on an enemy close to your sights, but it wont stay locked on if you try to aim for other body parts. This way getting headshots actually takes at least marginal amount of effort, where as hard lock you stay locked on as you move your reticule up the body towards the head so there is basically no chance of failure (or effort).

I'd say abolish aim assists all together if it weren't for the fact that at least 75% of rockstar gamers apearently can't be fucked to aim for themselves. This is pretty appearent when you look at max payne 3 where there are still hundreds who play at a time in the soft lock lobby, but well under 100 that play in free aim. But since this is the case, and most people (including myself) have become accustomed to aim assists, soft lock makes sense. Landing a quick headshot with softlock is much easier than it is just to land a few hits in free aim, but at least it takes some effort and has margin for error (and therefore a very slight degree of skill), as apposed to autolock which an infant could successfully use.

In GTA 5, there will be some of the same shooting mechanics, and some that are different, for instance the camera of aiming a gun while driving a car in GTA 4 wasn't shaky at all, , the camera in Gta 5, the camera might be shaky all the time, because of bumps and minorities on the road surface. How would you like to see R* change/improve/keep the mechanics the same in GTA 5?

Also, when getting shot in GTA 5, would you guys rather it be like GTA 4 , not realistic so as where if you get shot, you flinch hard, and lose a little health, or get rag-dolled so you kiel over and potentially fall down? I'd like it like that, getting rag-dolled around, to make it more accurate to real life... Tell me what you guys think.

I used few scripts for GTA 4 and one of them was ragdoll for player character. I like it a lot because It made game more realistic. So I would like to see it implemented in GTA 5.

... On topic, getting ragdolled when shot isn't realistic.

LOL so what is according to you ?! Simple animation repeating at every hit? LOL

Ragdoll is the best solution in games. U also like to be better than npcs u dont care about balance in games.

I dont like people like this. They just dont care they just want things, simple things and thats it for them.

Pathetic.

Ragdoll for enpcs and for player that would make great balance and challenge not to play a terminator like style. I wish that u would be test target and someone would shoot you while you wearing bullet proof armor. Then U would change your mind very fast. But this is not possible for someone sitting in front of monitor and only playing simple games.

Keep it Auto Lock-On for the shooting mechanics, because odds are enemies will be getting tougher in this installment of GTA ( especially with the re-introduction of the ARMY ). And I don't want to be ragdolled every second from the sustained fire from them.

Ragdoll is the best solution in games. U also like to be better than npcs u dont care about balance in games.

I dont like people like this. They just dont care they just want things, simple things and thats it for them.

Pathetic.

Ragdoll for enpcs and for player that would make great balance and challenge not to play a terminator like style. I wish that u would be test target and someone would shoot you while you wearing bullet proof armor. Then U would change your mind very fast. But this is not possible for someone sitting in front of monitor and only playing simple games.

Wow, that was an extremely sudden display of proud americanry, I'm impressed. You also have no fucking clue what you're on about.

Short of a midget being hit by a .50 cal, no one is going to be ragdolled when shot. I have seen people being shot, a lot. You don't go limp and flop around on the floor when it happens.

• Like 4

Shot in the shoulder, collapse to the ground into a flexible mess, hovering around until you reach an area where you can stand up in, only to get shot by an automatic rifle again and again.

Yup, sounds fantastic.

• Like 6

Pathetic.

Wow, that was an extremely sudden display of proud americanry, I'm impressed. You also have no fucking clue what you're on about.

Short of a midget being hit by a .50 cal, no one is going to be ragdolled when shot. I have seen people being shot, a lot. You don't go limp and flop around on the floor when it happens.

When I say ragdolled when shot, I don't by any means fall down when shot with a 9mm round... I mean if you get shot with a shotgun, fairly close range, you might stumble or fall over, or even die. It may not kill you instantly, but you might hurt you really bad... Who wants to play a game where you can get shot by a 12 guage shotgun 3-4-5 times and only lose 3 quarters of your life? Also, in real life, you totally get ragdolled when your shot. As any sniper in the Army or Marines, he will tell you that if you get shot with a sniper at 400 yards, the intestines of the unlucky fellow being shot at will make it a good 12 feet before they hit the ground 12 feet away from the dudes body... Tell me, do you think that man would still be standing there, unmoved, or would his body be on the ground?

So, it wasn't that you thought they should ragdoll, just that you misunderstood what 'ragdoll' actually means.

Yes, you would fall down when shot with a shotgun or high-powered rifle, but that isn't ragdolling. 'Ragdoll' is flailing around wildy when you're hit by a car and go flying through the air. Simply falling down isn't ragdolling.

So, it wasn't that you thought they should ragdoll, just that you misunderstood what 'ragdoll' actually means.

Yes, you would fall down when shot with a shotgun or high-powered rifle, but that isn't ragdolling. 'Ragdoll' is flailing around wildy when you're hit by a car and go flying through the air. Simply falling down isn't ragdolling.

That is ragdolling, ask game designers, or any physics engine creators... It can be falling around wildly, or simply tripping and falling over a rock...

If I ask a retarded physics engine creator, sure. It is called ragdoll physics because it mimics a ragdoll being thrown around. Simply moving and reacting to the environment is just regular physics.