Ok so I was looking at the official screencaps, when I came up with the Vapid cop car chasing down the red car and I saw that the graphics on the car were not the best, at least what we are not expecting from GTA 5. Also the house with the tennis court, the bushes look flat like if they were made of some sort of clay and not leaves. Now, do you guys think R* will improve this? or what is shown is done already? I think they will go back and do like little refinements to these...

post-11666-0-81757400-1348888268_thumb.j

Its a open world game. Its probably gonna be the biggest open world Rockstar has ever created. Sacrifices are gonna have to be made. You are looking to much into it. The game will look amazing.

• Like 1

I believe the textures for everything will definitely be better than GTA IVs, which is fantastic. However, realistically there is no way the game will look like Uncharted 3 or anything with superior graphics. They will still look good though, I imagine.

i think that the graphics will improve, and i also think that they are going to become the best Rockstar can make them. you guys are comparing to gta 4, which is a good looking game, but i think its going to look about as good as Max payne 3, or even abouit as good as Uncharted 3.

i dont care about those sort of things. for me graphics play a very small part to what makes a game great.

those bushes are fine. R* should just concentrate on adding more content.

• Like 2

Ok so I was looking at the official screencaps, when I came up with the Vapid cop car chasing down the red car and I saw that the graphics on the car were not the best, at least what we are not expecting from GTA 5. Also the house with the tennis court, the bushes look flat like if they were made of some sort of clay and not leaves. Now, do you guys think R* will improve this? or what is shown is done already? I think they will go back and do like little refinements to these...

They're trimmed hedges. They're gonna look flat from a distance... Why would they give the hedges alpha maps when there is far more important things to give detailed textures too. Games do have limits, and things like textures take up the most memory and have to be capped first.

^ I dream of that day ^ :drool:

Oh course they're going to make it look better than that, but that shot is from a distance and up close it would probably look better anyway. Plus hasn't almost been a year since the trailer? Think how much they would of done in that time to improve on stuff like that, let alone how it's going to look once the game gets released.

those bushes don't look bad to me. they look like they have been trimmed, it seems like the house near by belong to a high class citizen, therefore he must have gardeners to take care of such stuff, it is safe to assume that this is the reason for that observation, and not because they simply look bad.

i rather have a huge map, more content, more stuff to do in a game like GTA then quality of graphics...

even if GTA 5 has the same quality as 4 i'd be okay with it, as long as its BIG... and keeps me occupied for years of fun.

• Like 1

i dont care about those sort of things. for me graphics play a very small part to what makes a game great.

those bushes are fine. R* should just concentrate on adding more content.

Me too,

To be honest I Like gta san andreas even more then gta iv.

The map was huge and the possibilities are great

When i heard that gta v will be in los santos i was about to throw gta iv out the window.

So i hate it when people complain about graphics.

P.S. The bushes are fine

I personally think that graphics do make games better. it allows you to become more enriched in the charactors and the environments in the game, thats why if you look at other games ( like madden, need for speed, COD to name a few) all of these games have made their games more appealing by the ir new graphics. You know how many times ive played madden 9 after 12 came out? NONE, thats because the old square and color graphics get borring after awhile.

• Like 2

i rather have a huge map, more content, more stuff to do in a game like GTA then quality of graphics...

even if GTA 5 has the same quality as 4 i'd be okay with it, as long as its BIG... and keeps me occupied for years of fun.

Same, bigger is better.

I personally think that graphics do make games better. it allows you to become more enriched in the charactors and the environments in the game, thats why if you look at other games ( like madden, need for speed, COD to name a few) all of these games have made their games more appealing by the ir new graphics. You know how many times ive played madden 9 after 12 came out? NONE, thats because the old square and color graphics get borring after awhile.

You know how many times I've played Madden? Never!

But thats probably because I don't know anything about American Football.

Graphics might be a major draw card for a game but it's not going to keep your attention without great content-filled gameplay aswell.

Of course graphics are important, but saying "X game is better than Y game because it has better graphics" deserves a punch in the face. I can still enjoy playing San Andreas' story now, even though the graphics are so bad. Same with World Of Warcraft, the graphics aren't good at all, but it's such a fun game so it doesn't really matter. What is needed is a balance between good graphics, and good gameplay. Personally would rather sacrifice graphics to hae better gameplay (AC III) than have phenomenal graphics but not having good game playe.

• Like 1

Of course graphics are important, but saying "X game is better than Y game because it has better graphics" deserves a punch in the face. I can still enjoy playing San Andreas' story now, even though the graphics are so bad. Same with World Of Warcraft, the graphics aren't good at all, but it's such a fun game so it doesn't really matter. What is needed is a balance between good graphics, and good gameplay. Personally would rather sacrifice graphics to hae better gameplay (AC III) than have phenomenal graphics but not having good game playe.

Completely agree. A game with perfect graphics but no interesting story is nothing but a waste. There should be balance between both. Rather slightly less detailed graphics & more interesting story is good combination...