Bronson

Theme Parks, Rides and Attractions

Now this topic isn't for JUST huge theme parks, (Six Flags, DisneyLand, etc), This is about Rides and different Amusment attractions. Now believe it or not there has never been a rideable ride in a GTA game. The ferris wheel in SA didnt work, and rockstars parody on Coney island in GTA IV was shut down for "renevations".

But in the GTA V trailer and in one of the screenshots, we can see that Rockstar has added Pleasure Pier, Rockstars take on the Santa monica Pier. Now the question is will the rides be rideable or will they be closed or non rideable like in previous GTA's? Also in the future will Rockstar ever put a full blown Amusment Park in a GTA game?

Maybe as an friendship/dating activity. If so, probably on a mission as well, somehow.

Well in Bully, correct me if im wrong I havnt played that game in ages, you were able to ride the rides even if you weernt on a date right? So Rockstar has already used the concept of going to a carnival and riding rides by yourself..... So you never know....

Yes, in Bully you could ride all the rides in the Carnival. Also, in VCS you could ride the Chunder Wheel, so doesn't that count as being able to ride a ride?

Also, in my opinion, putting a theme park in a GTA game would be like putting in a supermarket: the added detail is awesome, but not really practical.

But heck, if they added in TV and stage shows, why the hell can't they add a working theme park to kill time in?

I dont know... Riding the rides isnt a big deal to me, but if your going to put roller coasters and reides in a game, you should at least mke them feel alive... Gtaiv was a busy city but the amusement park was bare and lifeless.. Took away from the game... The amsuement park should have all the sights and sounds of one, if they are going to put it in the game..

I would prefer supermarkets.. And a movie theater aswell..

To be completely honest I could give two shits about theme parks in a video game. If I wanted to ride a rollar coaster I'd go do it in real life... not watch the animated protagonist, whom just got done running down 30 innocent civilians while driving on the side walk, pay 5 dollars to ride a ferris wheel.

• Like 2

I hope there are, just gives you more to do if you're bored of the missions. Oh and that roller-coaster in the clip sucks.

Well thats the Roller Coaster that is gonna be used in GTA V....

I doubt it. I can't imagine a middle aged man (assuming he's the protagonist) riding rollercoasters, bumpercars etc... The carnival suited Bully because the protagonist was a teenager.

I disagree... Doesn't matter how old you are, everyone has a little kid in them when it comes to roller coasters!

I can't imagine a middle aged man riding rollercoasters, bumpercars etc...

You have no imagination at all, then.

It would be awesome to be able to ride a roller coaster or Ferris wheel in-game while shooting the other passengers. An active ride could also be an epic, challenging mission location.

I'd love to sniper a mark from the top of the Ferris wheel, perhaps there could be some sort of distance/angle gimmick (sorry geek alert!) that meant you had to be in a certain postion to make the kill or wait til it goes round again.

Also i want to steal a bumper car and go racing round the streets, like in the Simpsons Duff gardens episode!

It could be a good addition but I don't think it's really that necessary. If there's some mission to related then that's fine.

If there's like shooting games and stuff like that then maybe it would be good.

Then i hope they don't make it ride-able, in the game, there's no point. :(

Then i hope they don't make it ride-able, in the game, there's no point. :(

True but im just saying having a fully working boardwalk carnival would be pretty awesome. Also if they bring back the dating feature a place where you can take your gf. Play carnival games and win her prizes and go on the faris wheel with her then push her off to her death. :P

800px-DK_From_Parking_Lot.JPG

Now maybe in the future they could put a full blown amusment park like this ^^^

It doesnt have to be huge like magic mountain but it can be a pretty good size like Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (as seen in pic). About four big roller coasters and a bunch of smaller rides (farris wheel, bumper cars, etc.) would be perfect. And just imagine if they put it in a more rural area away from the city next to a highway. What an awesome view while driving 150 mph speeding past a towering amusment park.....

• Like 1

I think one rollercoaster on Pleasure Pier is enough. A full-scale amusement park would be awesome for a massacre, but I don't think it would have much point for just riding on.

Well, like any amusement park where rides dont work is useless, the should just not have them if the are going to execute them like the did for gta4

but imagine...top of the coaster hill then u force your way out. shoot a rocket and blow the track apart. rollercoaster flys off and smashes every thing bellow.

(for a mission)

You'd have to make the whole map destructible like Red Faction, which would never happen. you'd play for an hour and there'd be nothing left lol. hmmm, actually i like that. :)