Indy

Mobile Devices

i like the new ipod touch, no one is mentioning that... it's almost up to par with the new iphone 5, but my contract is up in a couple months and i wonder if i should jump into the smart phone generation, or wait another 2 years... plus, sprint isn't exactly a good service around me, but i am on a family plan that saves me some dough... for $10 more a month, i could have unlimited data... but it's still sprint... i'd rather be on verizon but the price is way to fucking much for me...

i don't think i want the new iphone if i do upgrade, i might buy the 4GS because it's now $100... or i might just stick with the phone i got for now, and buy the new ipod... i can sell my old one for at least $100 and the 32GB is $300...

Yeah, but why buy a new ipod and have a seperate ipod and phone to have to carry around? If you buy the iphone, 4s or 5' it comes with the ipod..

because i would still save a lot more in the long run??

i am in no rush for one, i might just hold out for a while after the contract runs out and think about it, there's no reason to rush into it just because it's the "best iphone they ever made"... it looks cool and all, and i am an iOS fan, but it still doesn't look like it's worth it to me... maybe i'll ask for it for christmas :D...

How much does the ipod touch cost?

*oh yeah, id definately wait till my contract runs out. Thats why i gotta wait until december...

it's up in november i think... and yea, my ipod is 8GB, i wouldn't know what to do with a 32GB ipod... i would definitely be able to store more songs, and maybe a movie or two... and i want to take more pictures too, the vastly improved camera would be nice...

camera... casing... graphics... that's about it... i'm still disappointed in the sizes available for the price... you'd think after all these years they could afford to pack more memory in them... new ipods start at 32GB, so should the phones...

I'm more then contempt with my samsung galaxy s2 and if I was to change it, I would go for another samsung or HTC. I had an iphone before and it was just terrible was not useful to me at all. That is just my opinion....anyway I might however buy one of those new ipod touches with the coloured background as my 3rd gen beast is on its last weeks of life :(

All of these plans you guys have suck.

I pay £10 a month for my sim and I get 250 mins of free calls, free calls to people on the same network, free texts, and truely free internet (NO RESTRICTIONS), tethering allowed afaik but i dont do that.

wv7nmf.jpg

My eligibility for an upgrade eon my number, haven't check the others on the plan yet though, could be cheaper. Every time they switch it around so the upgrade is cheapest when we buy the phone then they switch the number over, AT&T is awesome with that.

no discount for re-upping the contract?? i feel bad for those in europe who have to buy the phone at wholesale... they're the ones getting hosed in this deal... i could get the new phone for $200 up front, and $60/mo for truly unlimited everything... spint is the only one that puts no restrictions on data of the big 3...

nah, it's improved... it can also do panoramic shots now too...

Its just software, you could do that with iphone 3 and the right app.

@QD - ohh, well shows what i know i guess... i guess it was the video recording that improved from what i just read, and only really the front camera... so i guess it's once again, minimal improvements that makes all apple fanboys say "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!"

for me, the vast improvements over my current gen ipod touch is what makes me all giddy... but it's not much of an improvement for those with at least a 4...

Can't choose between black or white. Never used to like black, always got white but this year the band and two tone looks really nice in black so idk what to pick cause I like white too.

Can't choose between black or white. Never used to like black, always got white but this year the band and two tone looks really nice in black so idk what to pick cause I like white too.

How do the white ones compare to the black ones with dirt etc? Is there a notable difference?

The main camera is still 8mp, but the facetime camera is now 1.2mp.

I think the black iPhones in the past were falling way behind on sales, almost everyone had a white one. That's probably why they redesigned the metal "band" thing or whatever you call it to a different color, looks fucking awesome now. If I got one it would be a black one.

How do the white ones compare to the black ones with dirt etc? Is there a notable difference?

On the 3Gs a little but no on the 4. Some dust build up in the cracks of the metal band but it's easy to remove. But no dirt looks otherwise.

I think people complaining about the small step from 4S => 5 are missing the point (although I don't think it's such a small step as everyone claims). iPhone contracts are minimum two years so that's how often most people would be upgrading their phone. When you look at 3GS => 4S or 4 => 5, they represent pretty sizeable updates. People who upgrade every year do exactly that, regardless of what comes out.

it's the people i know that have the 4GS that want the 5... it's buying whatever apple wants to sell, and i laugh at those... my smart friends buying the new phone are currently using the 4, it is a more significant upgrade... it's also why apple has a new phone every year... you think the samsung galaxy isn't going to be a yearly thing?? the phone companies weren't born yesterday, lol...

So the launch iPhone 5 will only be 4G capable on EE (and 3), in the UK. Vodafone and O2 won't support it even when they do get 4G, because they plan on using an incompatible part of the spectrum. A bit of a bummer for all the Vodafone/O2 customers, but i'm just wondering how expensive the 4G contracts will be!