Jizzy

covers for songs that are better than the original.

Don't get too excited, The Ramones aren't even in my top 5. They're just one of those bands who are excessively well known and are far more likely than any other band to be the first punk someone hears in their lifetime.

I don't know if they'd be in my top five either, but they're a quality group. Dee Dee had some incredible songwriting talent. Poison Heart is lyrical beauty.

I prefer Pearl Jam's covers of Crazy Mary (Victoria Williams), Last Kiss (Wayne Cochran) and 25 Minutes to Go (Johnny Cash)

Metallica's version of Queen's Stone Cold Crazy

Rodrigo y Gabriela's version of Metallica's Orion - do instrumentals count?

Not strictly a cover but The Sex Pistols version of God Save the Queen is infinitely better than the anthem...

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but I want to establish that the Metallica cover of Am I Evil? is not better than the original. Fuck Metallica. Fuck you.

And a sarcastic 'fuck you' to you, sir!

• Like 1

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but I want to establish that the Metallica cover of Am I Evil? is not better than the original. Fuck Metallica. Fuck you.

And a sarcastic 'fuck you' to you, sir!

Thank you

Your comment on Am I Evil? made me realise I had never heard the original - I have now and yes, the original is better

• Like 1

For the record, Jimi Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower is a cover of Bob Dylan. Miles better. I also think Van Halen's version of You Really Got Me is better than the Kinks' version

I also think Van Halen's version of You Really Got Me is better than the Kinks' version

+1 for the mere mention of VH. I have such a hard-on for David Lee Roth...

Huh? What? Oh, sorry, got lost in the moment there...

I'mma go ahead and say the Ataris cover of "The Boys of Summer" runs circles around Don Henley's version.

speaking of metallica tho, Motorhead's version of "enter sandman" is better

This isn't a recorded cover, and I'm not the biggest Deftones fan, but I love their version of The Cure's 'If Only Tonight We Could Sleep'

lol at Manson at the start of the video.

Another cover I like, (and I know I'll get tons of shit for this), is Kittie's cover of 'Run Like Hell'. Their only good song.

I'm sorry, but ^that^ plain sucks. And you can't cover a song like Run Like Hell--it's part of The Wall, which is not just ab album, but a story and emotional experience that needs to be listened to in its entirety in order to understand it.

I'm going to get lots of hate for this.

lol GTFO

Their cover of Land Of Confusion isn't bad, but that cover of Shout is abysmal. It's made even worse by the '2000' at the end.

Well that was kinda the reverse of what I was expecting. I‘d say land of confusion is arguably better. Shout 2000, undeniably.

Louie Louie....What is your favourite version? Many great bands/singers have covered this classic

The Kingsmen? The Clash? Iggy Pop? The original by Richard Berry? Motorhead?

I'm torn between The Kinks and Toots, depending on my mood. Today it's Toots :weed:

Wah gwan rude boy. Upon d red stripe.

• Like 2

Black Flag's cover is my favorite. But, to be fair, I've only heard the original, the Clash, and the Black Flag versions, and I don't much like that song, anyway.

Hairy muff, mate. It is one of my favourite tracks of all time. Fantastic record, whoever covers it.

Edit: And all of them are better than the original. The song was perfect for garage bands.