Thoughts on Chance the Rapper and Danny Brown? Here's some stuff if you've not heard these two guys.

Chance has released both his album and mixtape for free btw. I think he's quite different, his voice is kinda love/hate, and I don't imagine a lot of people into older hiphop would like it. Regardless, I think he brings something new to the table.

Danny Brown is pretty good, I've not really formed much of an opinion on him yet.

I sort of skimmed over the last few pages and noticed not much love for Kendrick Lamar, who in my opinion is the best rapper right now. I'll post what I believe is his best song, if you don't like it, then he's quite clearly not for you.

Not a fan of Acid Rap at all, I heard great things about it, I listened to it and was instantly bored by his production, mostly just a drum machine with some clapping effects and his voice, which is annoying at times, but one I could tolerate if the production was significantly better. Lamar is good, not sure if I'd call him the best today, the best popular MC for sure, but there are others who I'd say are at least on his level, but who are less popular and don't receive nearly the exposure. Guys like Aesop, El-P, MC Ride, etc.

Granted I'm not the biggest hip hop fan in the world, but I do like to venture into all sorts of music, I have been following the artist Incise for a few years now - and wow, this guy and his high production quality, combined with the other artists he collaborates with, the lyrics, every time he brings a fresh touch to a genre that has lost so much quality.

Love the lyrics on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_8Ll8rexzY

Instrumental:

http://soundcloud.com/incise/incise-never-know-instrumental

Full album:

Just nice music to relax too.

the voice never bothers me, the rhythm of the flow does... i've been listening to old school for weeks now, i go on binges of music styles... some of the best to do it right here, as well as expose the record companies for what they were before cash money gangsta rap personified what it meant to be a popular rapper... broke and just a gimmick :lol:...

this is why people my age get lost in past generations according to younglings... it's because they don't make it like this anymore... this is what it means to listen to hip-hop...

• Like 3

the voice never bothers me, the rhythm of the flow does... i've been listening to old school for weeks now, i go on binges of music styles... some of the best to do it right here, as well as expose the record companies for what they were before cash money gangsta rap personified what it meant to be a popular rapper... broke and just a gimmick :lol:...

this is why people my age get lost in past generations according to younglings... it's because they don't make it like this anymore... this is what it means to listen to hip-hop...

No, they do. It just isn't popular like it was back then. Now you have to dig to find quality like this. Same thing for people who loved pop and rock in the 50s, 60s, and early 70s. By the early 80s people were listening to Air Supply and REO Speedwagon. Alternative rock was a revival of the soul in music, in the 80s you had Pixies, Sonic Youth, REM, as well as proto-grungers like Screaming Trees, and Mudhoney. Well, that kind of turned to shit once Creed basically decided they wanted to sound like Stone Temple Pilots, but with power ballads that always seem to have clean guitar intros.

You ever notice that when rock bands want to start sucking, they always give you a heads up when they start to incorporate more clean guitar intros? Metallica did it, Opeth did it. Some bands like Staind do it on every song, every album, since the beginning, and that is why rock is dying.

• Like 1