I like 2pac because of his views on life and such. Like in the interview he had at 17... It seemed as if he was already an adult speaking from experience. Also, his songs have a lot of meaning most of the time. Biggie, Pun etc... definitely have better flow, but their lyrics aren't as meaningful in some aspects.

Also, one of my favourite duos are Pete Rock & C.L Smooth. Pete Rock is one of the greatest producers, and C.L has really good flow and his voice was practically made for rapping.

Great Rap/hip hop

-Eminem

-Tupac

-50 Cent

-Biggie

-Cormega

-NWA

-Cypress Hill

-Wu Tang Clan

Decent Rap/hip hop

-Meek Mill (sometimes)

-Wiz Khalifa

-Macklemore (minus thrift shop)

-Mac Miller

-Mac Lethal

-Big Sean (sometimes)

Shit Rap/hip hop

-Lil Wayne

-Kanye

-Drake

-Lil Wayne

-Kendrick Lamar

-Rick Ross

-Lil Wayne

This is just my opinion... except lil wayne. We all know he is shit.

Did something happen to Rick Ross in recent years? The last time I heard anything from him, he wasn't bad. His subject matter is better than most modern rappers, at least. I'd rather listen to a fat guy pretending to be a drug lord than some chocolate-dipped skeleton muttering nonsense for three minutes.

I hate rick ross, he was a goddamn prison cop, then all of a sudden wants to be 'gangsta' like the people he's guarding, then steals Freeway rick ross's (a drug kingpin) name

And kendrick isn't a shit rapper, he's the only hope for west coast and the whole genre in general.

This kendrick song used to be a banger at the kick backs

If u don't like this then I'm sorry u have bad taste, continue listen to ur big sean and meek mills

Holy fuck, that was horrible. No one even started rapping until 3:15. Even if they cut out the first 3 minutes, the song would still be average, at best, and that's if I'm being generous.

Ok, let's switch roles for a sec, put a rick ross song up that makes u think he's above average and ill see exactly who I'm dealing with hear

*here

Why? Is that going to help Kendrick Lamar learn to rap?

This isn't a matter of one rapper being better than another, it's a matter of that song being terrible. I had never heard anything Kendrick Lamar had done until I listened to that, and it's awful. If that's your example of a good song of his, I know all I need to know in order to dismiss him as a shit rapper.

Why? Cus honestly every song I hear from these simps like ross is about bitches their cars and money hey I'm all for it but if that's all u talk about in every song with the same similar beats ur not an artist so I wanna kno what impresses u, I never heard anyone talk shit on lamar before

Well, that song was more chorus (or 'hook' if you prefer) than actual song.

Game is the only current rapper I genuinely like. His best album was LAX, which I still listen to regularly. I miss gangster rap. I can't stand songs about women (unless they're being referred to in a misogynistic manner) and legitimately-earned money.

...legitimately-earned money.

Hm...For some reason, I just can't imagine a rapper spitting rhymes that discuss his recent purchase of a laundromat/Mickey D's franchise/car wash. Or talking about the daily grind in his cubicle, or wrapping up sandwiches at Subway.