Rayge

World Of Warcraft

I like Outland, I don't level that many alts, but I always enjoy revisiting it.... best times I had in WoW really, hope they leave the place untouched, to me it's gaming art at it's best.

They want to update Outland and Northrend like they did with Azeroth, but I'm not sure if it'll ever happen. New character models are in the works, though. Which is great, because the vanilla races are painfully outdated.

With a recurring 6 month subscription, it's the same as buying two new games and one pre-owned game per year, and you're going to get more content from WoW than those three games, even if you buy Skyrim, Fallout 3 GOTY, and New Vegas GOTY.

I used to think like you Qd, bunch of bastards wanting me to pay them monthly for a game, but to be fair, I think it's alright paying that now, (usually) fast support for any problem, content coming in every few months, being subscription based - it filters quite a few morons you typically see in other online games, not all of them, but's it's definitely more mature compared to the likes of CS and whatnot.

When I played WoW, I stopped even caring about other games, and today I don't see myself playing other video games besides WoW, just waiting for some better schedule to try the expansion out. Over the years, the game has sorta lost it's shine, but it's still the best online experience out there.

Well, it'll get me through Outland faster, so I'm cool with it. Can't stand Outland, except Nagrand. I'm gaining an average of ten levels per day.

I love Nagrand, it's my favourite place in WoW. I never collected enough JP or HP to buy shitloads of heirlooms, and I only have about 10k g so I can't afford to buy loads of capes helmets and leggings from my guild.

I haven't really played much at all since 2010... I played occasionally when they still gave out 7 days free, then I recently played (early this year) from the revamped (and totally awesome) scroll of resurrection, allowing me to get an instant 80 druid which I got to 85 in the majority of those 7 days. Now I'll probably be inactive until November/March, depending on how my math exam goes.

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. However you're only eligible if you have been inactive since before March 4, 2012. Can't think why they would have such a random date, it should be for being inactive for 1 year or something.

I didn't have time to gear him, so he's practically a green/blue 85 druid. However I'm thinking of leveling him to 90 after my hunter, and before my DK.

Other thing is judging by the screenshots, seems like the game is very complicated... How hard is it to learn/ do you really need all those icons?

Other thing is judging by the screenshots, seems like the game is very complicated... How hard is it to learn/ do you really need all those icons?

Depends entirely on how you want to play. However the game is DEFINITELY a lot easier than it was a few years ago, probably to appeal to a larger group of people. But once you learn your class (type of character), you will start to become more effective at whatever role you choose. It doesn't take that long. When you start of at a low level, it's really simple. Then as you level, it gets more complicated but then you also gain more experience.

Also: You can try the free trial. It allows you to create characters up to level 20, and let's you play forever. However it's really limited, and the real game is a lot better.

If you ever start, roll hunter. They are the best.

No. No no no no no. Do not roll a hunter your first time playing. Every newbie rolls a hunter, and doesn't know how to pay the class, and further sullies the hunters' reputation. Roll a rogue, they're easy to learn. Soloing as a subtlety rogue is extremely easy, especially after you get Premeditation.

Want to be able to solo everything? Roll monk. Except for the fact like, 50% of WoW atm is monks. Even healer monks do dps at low level. Other good solo classes include paladins, priests and druids (from my experience, don't know about other classes). Mainly because they can self heal if necessary, allowing them to take on significantly harder mobs without as much trouble.

Every class is extremely easy these days, I remember leveling a Warrior back in the day and getting shit on all day, or when TBC came out... the first few levels were absolute hell as Shaman, my mage friend was blasting mobs left and right, I'd be happy to kill one!

I think WoW is fairly easy to pick up, you gain your skills every few levels, so you get used to what you have, by the time your bars are full you already have a good grasp of the game. You might have a hard time if you come from a console background, keybinding is an absolute must for me in WoW, your game improves so much once you master your spell bars.

i dont think the game is worth the monthly fee

This pretty much covers it.

With a recurring 6 month subscription, it's the same as buying two new games and one pre-owned game per year, and you're going to get more content from WoW than those three games, even if you buy Skyrim, Fallout 3 GOTY, and New Vegas GOTY.

I used to think like you Qd, bunch of bastards wanting me to pay them monthly for a game, but to be fair, I think it's alright paying that now, (usually) fast support for any problem, content coming in every few months, being subscription based - it filters quite a few morons you typically see in other online games, not all of them, but's it's definitely more mature compared to the likes of CS and whatnot.

When I played WoW, I stopped even caring about other games, and today I don't see myself playing other video games besides WoW, just waiting for some better schedule to try the expansion out. Over the years, the game has sorta lost it's shine, but it's still the best online experience out there.

yeah im very untrained, i googled all three and the screen shots all look the same type of gameplay just with better graphics lol. that is why im best staying away from these type of games lol too confusing for me

yeah im very untrained, i googled all three and the screen shots all look the same type of gameplay just with better graphics lol. that is why im best staying away from these type of games lol too confusing for me

They're both fantasy based MMOs, and they both have the minimap in the top right (without addons). Other than that, they're completely different. Controls and UI are way better in WoW than runescape, don't know how I ever managed to play Runescape with those controls.

They're both fantasy based MMOs, and they both have the minimap in the top right (without addons). Other than that, they're completely different. Controls and UI are way better in WoW than runescape, don't know how I ever managed to play Runescape with those controls.

The UI has changed a lot (far smoother, but a recent update made it take more clicks to get to the quest list, my only gripe.). My only real issue is its fucking arrow keys instead of WASD, could be easily fixed if they made it click to the chat box to talk, but pressing any text key begins to type in the chatbox.

The UI has changed a lot (far smoother, but a recent update made it take more clicks to get to the quest list, my only gripe.). My only real issue is its fucking arrow keys instead of WASD, could be easily fixed if they made it click to the chat box to talk, but pressing any text key begins to type in the chatbox.

Indeed, I used to occasionally log on sometimes, and I just ended up typing in wadsawdawasddaw all the time because I was so used to it for moving. However, arrow keys and wasd can't really be used if the game is going to run on the same engine, as it is still divided into... squares? That the players can/can't move onto.

Indeed, I used to occasionally log on sometimes, and I just ended up typing in wadsawdawasddaw all the time because I was so used to it for moving. However, arrow keys and wasd can't really be used if the game is going to run on the same engine, as it is still divided into... squares? That the players can/can't move onto.

Oh no I ment arrow keys to turn the camera. I don't have that much of an issue with the click to move deal.

Anyway back on topic:

I'm planning to buy Mists Of Pandaria this weekend, along with a game card. Won't use the gamecard yet though, but after 8th of November....