Soooo this thought just creeped into my head. Another reason GTA: San Andreas was so different was because you could go underwater. Could this return? For some reason I doubt it for now :/ But hell we don't know yet. But imagine how damn fun/useful it could be with multiplayer! When someone knocks you into the water, you could just go under and swim some distance while bullets peirce the water going by you. :) What you guys think? Also am I right in thinking during the trailer we saw one of those sea planes? (cant remember what is called) if so someone please get a screen of it!

post-1393-0-56836300-1347228276.jpgpost-1393-0-42094600-1347228278.jpgpost-1393-0-87453000-1347228279.jpg

funny seeing this now. about half hour ago i saw some poor bastard on TBOGT multiplayer crash his helicopter into the sea miles away from land. i was in the buzzard thinking, if i were in a seasparrow i could land on the water and give him a ride back to land. couldnt do it in the buzzard, so shot him like fish in a barrel to put him out of his mysery >:D

anyway, yeah i want to be able to swim underwater so long as bullets cant get you under. also would be cool if we can fight in the water.

• Like 4

funny seeing this now. about half hour ago i saw some poor bastard on TBOGT multiplayer crash his helicopter into the sea miles away from land. i was in the buzzard thinking, if i were in a seasparrow i could land on the water and give him a ride back to land. couldnt do it in the buzzard, so shot him like fish in a barrel to put him out of his mysery > :D

anyway, yeah i want to be able to swim underwater so long as bullets cant get you under. also would be cool if we can fight in the water.

Nice im about to hop on TBOGT on XBL right now for similar reasons :D haha

seaplane29s.png

i think looking at the water in the screen shots and what not, i think we might see more realistic acting water. in GTA 4, the water was very bad looking when you fell in. i hope gta 5 fixes that. and with swiming under water, that would be REAly cool to see, but somehow i doubt we will, because the under water graphics would limit the above ones even more. so theytd have to use more disc space to make the under water thing possible. but i hope they figure it out because id like to be able to swim under water.

Yeah GTA 4's water looked and felt kinda like jelly, especially the splash and ripple effects.

GTA V's water looks great so id expect greatly improved swimming physics. If they were to let us dive under, then it will probably look pretty basic due to game size but that'd be fine with me

I hope we can swim faster than in GTA 4. Maybe even the ability to change swimming techniques for more speed /swimming backwards (back stroke) etc. What about learning new swimming techniques through out the game? New techniques allow faster swimming? Maybe too pointless, but just throwing it out there :D

Would be cool, for some stealth-assassin-transport robbery-on a ship type shit.

That would be awesome, I'd go with the silencer all the time. Maybe even a katana.

Or If not, then at-least swimming competition.... Just For Fun like Bike Racing or Base Jumping.. :P

Or If not, then at-least swimming competition.... Just For Fun like Bike Racing or Base Jumping.. :P

A tri-athlon would make it awesome.

If they let you swim underwater this time, they should create something underwater worth exploring.

For instance Ship Wrecks, Underwater Caves with treasure or monsters or something. Maybe let you do some Spear Fishing ( so you can kill Flipper ).

So you can stay under water for longer maybe introduce scuba gear, or extra lung capacity ( if they brought back any RPG elements ).

Also there needs to be sharks further out to sea in the deep water, and maybe a giant octopus or something really deep under the water. Maybe the lost city of Atlantis or Rapture :D :D

If they let you swim underwater this time, they should create something underwater worth exploring.

For instance Ship Wrecks, Underwater Caves with treasure or monsters or something. Maybe let you do some Spear Fishing ( so you can kill Flipper ).

So you can stay under water for longer maybe introduce scuba gear, or extra lung capacity ( if they brought back any RPG elements ).

Also there needs to be sharks further out to sea in the deep water, and maybe a giant octopus or something really deep under the water. Maybe the lost city of Atlantis or Rapture :D :D

Haha, you do like sharks don't you. That would be awesome then we get to see some npcs dying in the water

Or even better, a fishing guy will be one of the characters in the story

Fishing rod as a weapon would be cool too.

Or maybe just a fishing pedestrian, and you can push him into the water

OR EVEN BETTER, A mission where you rob a huge ship (a little like Bomb da Base from GTA 3), get all the money and maybe blow up the ship?

edit : maybe even like keep the ship and you can drive it around as if its your own

I want them to improve the underwater physics... Eg, it is impossible to get shot a foot under water...it looked horrible in gtasa...

On the death by water topic, maybe we'll play a black guy and instead of water killing us, strategically placed lines of cocain...

Wouldn't be realistic... Since honkys smoke crack, but you know...

I want them to improve the underwater physics... Eg, it is impossible to get shot a foot under water...it looked horrible in gtasa...

On the death by water topic, maybe we'll play a black guy and instead of water killing us, strategically placed lines of cocain...

Wouldn't be realistic... Since honkys smoke crack, but you know...

The only thing is you don't snort freebase in lines like you do with Yay.

Actually you don't snort it at all because it's got a hard stucture. What you do is you smoke it son. :mods:

• Like 1

I think we'll have a non-swimmer as a main character. So going in the water makes you drown.

Nah, but seriously, I reckon swimming needs a bit of an overhaul. The animation in water has always been a bit rough around the edges. Switching from surface swimming to underwater should feel as natural as walking to running.