Just so we're all clear, a "theory" is when you make an educated point, backed up by information or evidence. I didn't call this topic "What music do you want to hear in GTA V" because I really don't care what people's personal preferences are. Can we please just stick to making informed opinions from now on?

'K.

We'll be hearing lots of surf, west coast rap, classic rock, country, and K-Pop.

• Like 2

You telling me this shit

Doesn't remind you of Spongebob?

Can't hear a resemblance. It's classic surf.

If you say so.

Might just be one of my own personal experiences.

The music in GTA has always been one of my favorite things. I'm looking forward to a wide range of music genres along with the huge map to explore while listening to great tunes.

I would like all kinds of radio stations like off Gta sanadreas: All New and Old Country, Rap, Rock and More!!

Has no one mentioned that were going to have an accompanying score to this one? Something totally new to GTA. It seemed like they got it perfect in RDR, so I have no doubts it will be perfect. It will most likely vary from area to area, by time of day, and especially what charecter youre playing as. Im hoping that when youre in the city at night it plays kind something along close to what the 'Drive" OST sounds like, even though we have "Knightride" the kavinsky station.

Other than the new multiple main characters thing, music during missions is something that I'm very excited about.

I'm curious to see how they're going to handle this. Personally, I'd love to see Michael, Trevor and Franklin each have their own theme song. This is something that's done in TV series or movies a lot too. For example in Lost when there's a scene with Jack, you'd hear the same kind of music going in the background and each time they used the song, they added on to it and made different versions of the same song.

I'd like to see something like that in GTA V. The only problem with that is, how they would handle the music when you switch to another character during a mission..

So many questions, so many days to go until the release.. :(

• Like 1

Other than the new multiple main characters thing, music during missions is something that I'm very excited about.

I'm curious to see how they're going to handle this. Personally, I'd love to see Michael, Trevor and Franklin each have their own theme song. This is something that's done in TV series or movies a lot too. For example in Lost when there's a scene with Jack, you'd hear the same kind of music going in the background and each time they used the song, they added on to it and made different versions of the same song.

I'd like to see something like that in GTA V. The only problem with that is, how they would handle the music when you switch to another character during a mission..

So many questions, so many days to go until the release.. :(

I definitely think they're each going to have their own 'theme'. Just like the three protags in VI, whenever you completed a mission or something a little music would play. It's probably going to be just like that but will be more constant and dynamic, reacting to scenarios or NPCs

I have no doubt in my mind that most of the rap will be West Coast. If that's the case, I'd say they'd most likely have Kendrick Lamar on it. He's probably the most popular West Coast rapper right now. They could have Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg, Mack 10 etc. on a classic hip hop channel. I wouldn't mind seeing Charlamagne Tha God as a radio host. He can be pretty funny sometimes.

well i think they should have an eminem song for rap even though he hasnt made a new song since 2010 it would be nice to hear him in gta

Edited by Massacre
Don't quote loads of shit.

"Fret not, radio stations featuring hilarious skits and massive hits – a staple of the series – are back too, confirmed later on when co-protagonist Michael takes to the freeway with

blaring through the windows."

-Playstation Magazine Preview

It would be neat if they gave the user the ability to upload their own music or sync their itunes and maybe the character can carry an ipod or mp3 player or something similar.

This feature is available on the iOS version of Vice City and I love being able to listen to my own music. Transferring a similar feature to GTA V would be great but might be a little more complicated since music isn't usually stored on a console. If Rockstar found an easy way of doing it I would love to see it added.

2pac is a must for gta 5 radio, he IS LA/west coast. But they didn't even have B.I.G. in gta 4 and he was the 2pac of the east coast/NYC.

Idk if they'll have kendrick lamar in the game cus a characters name is lamar but hopefully. Rockstar has always been putting songs and genres of the time of the game, so don't be suprised if u see lil wayne/YMCMB and all the alternitive rock crap u hear these days

2pac is a must for gta 5 radio, he IS LA/west coast. But they didn't even have B.I.G. in gta 4 and he was the 2pac of the east coast/NYC.

Idk if they'll have kendrick lamar in the game cus a characters name is lamar but hopefully. Rockstar has always been putting songs and genres of the time of the game, so don't be suprised if u see lil wayne/YMCMB and all the alternitive rock crap u hear these days

You mean Tupac was the Biggie Smalls of the West Coast, Biggie > Pac. Next, why the fuck would they not include Kendrick Lamar just because a characters name is Lamar? That doesn't make any sense.

You only acting like that cus u from east coast. Well nigga, I'm from LA so I say biggie was the 2pac of east coast, he was in the rap game before biggie.

And because there 2 black ass motherfuckers from south LA and both named lamar, kinda coincidence