To me the best GTA music has been VC and SA. I think Marcus is right, it is because those are two eras we most familiar with. I would love to see a healthy mix of 80's, 90' 2000's. I do not like that obscure stuff like what they had in 4.

I just want an Ipod.

I imagine since the cell phones are mimicking the iPhone that it will also be an Mp3 player. That would be a good way to allow for your own music.

Edited by calimann83

That won't happen. R* are creating an experience, and the choice in music is an important part of that experience. Just look at Vice City - prime example. Being able to add any music of your own will pollute that experience and will take away part of the vision they want for us.

I think they add d that possibility for SA on PC in the end, but R* couldn't really give a shits for PC. GTA has always meant to be for consoles. Dan Houser said that him self, paraphrasing though of course.

i think that they even allowed it with the xbox ports, someone correct me if im wrong but i think it was in there. SA in particular.

I have skipped through most of this topic but here is my ideal soundtrack for GTA V

Modern Rock Radio i.e. Indie alternative stuff:

Arcade Fire - Keep The Car Running

Bloc Party - Banquet

Foster The People - Helena Beat

Kasabian - Fire

Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody

Little Commets - Dancing Song

Modest Mouse - Dashboard

Muse - Starlight

Neon Trees - Animals

OkGo - White Knuckles

Primal Scream - Can't Go Back

Oasis - The IMportance Ob Being Idel

The Strokes - Under Cover of Darkness

Travis - Sing

The Vaccines - Teenage Icon

Weezer - Island In The Sun

The Wombats - Moving To New York

Classic Rock Radio(K-DST?):

Bay City Rollers - Shang-A-Lang

Big Country - Fields of Fire

Blondie - Call Me

Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)?

Chris Izaak - Blue Hotel

The Clash - Rock the Casbah

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing

Del Amitri - Always The Last To Know

The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes

ELO - Last Train To London

Fleetwood Mac - Landslide

Grand Funk Railroad - We're an American Band

Journey - Any Way You Want It

Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?

No Doubt - Don't Speak

R.E.M. - Orange Crush

Rod Steweart - Hot Legs

Squeeze - Up The Junction

Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake

Heavy Rock/Punk Radio (Radio X?):

AC/DC - Whole Lotta Rosie

Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal

Ash - Girl From Mars

Biffy Clyro - That Golden Rule

Blink-182 - Dumpweed

Bowling For Soup - The Bitch Song

Enter Shakari - Sorry You're Not a Winner

Foo Fighters - All My Life

Maximo Park - The Unshokable

My Chemical Romance - Teenagers

Nine Black Alps - Shot Down

The Offspring - Come Out and Play

Panic! At The Disco - Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off

Queens Of The Stone Age - Go With The Flow

Rage Against The Machine - Renegades of Funk

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Can't Stop

Sum 41 - In Too Deep

Twin Atlantic - Human After All

80's Mixtape (As in GTA IV HUGE Potential for Vice City Refrences(Possibly hosted by Toni & Terri From Flash)):

The Acssociates - Party Fears Two

The Cure - Lovesong

David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes

Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid

Dexy's Midnight runners - Geno

Duran Duran - Rio

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams

She Drives Me Crazy - She Drives Me Crazy

Genesis - Invisible Touch

The Jam - A Town Called Malice

Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)

Madness - My Girl

New Order - True Faith

Orange Juice - Rip It Up

Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Stevie Wonder - Skeletons

Generic POP Station (I Loath POP Music today, but It would Add Realism):

Adele - Someone Like You

Bruno Mars - Lazy Song

Calvin Harris - Bounce

Coldplay - Paradise

Ed Sheeran - You Need Me

Jessie J - Price Tag

JLS - Beat Again

Katy Perry - Firework

Lady GaGa - Just Dance

Maroon5 - Stereo Hearts

One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful

P!nk - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Rihanna - We Found love

Taylor Swift - Never Ever

Modern Rap (Again Not My Thing):

Tiao Cruiz

Nicky Minage

Labrynth

Lil Wane

Eminem

etc...

Classic Rap (Not My Thing Either, Basicly A rehash Of RLS In SA):

50 Cent

Tu Pac

ETC...

Funk Soul Disco Station:

Average White Band

Soul II Soul

Jackson 5

etc...

Country Station (Rehash Of K-Rose):

Fill This In Yourself as I Know nothing about country music

Some Sort Of Dance Techno Thing (SFUR Re-hash similar to the DLC for Vladivostok in IV):

You Fill This In Yourself Again

Los Santos Public Radio:

Public Radio Station for Los Santos (I.e. Donation Based)

WCTR

Talk Radio

Custom Radio:

Playes music from the users Hard Drive in the same Style To independence FM from GTA IV with DJ Chatter and Jingels

(Hopefully Not exclusive to the PC Port)

anyway that is what I would LIKE to see. No matter how convincing that list looks, Its not the final list (Unless Rockstar decide to use it in game HINT HINT Developers)

• Like 1

That won't happen. R* are creating an experience, and the choice in music is an important part of that experience. Just look at Vice City - prime example. Being able to add any music of your own will pollute that experience and will take away part of the vision they want for us.

I think they add d that possibility for SA on PC in the end, but R* couldn't really give a shits for PC. GTA has always meant to be for consoles. Dan Houser said that him self, paraphrasing though of course.

i think that they even allowed it with the xbox ports, someone correct me if im wrong but i think it was in there. SA in particular.

All of the GTA's on PC have custom radio stations, along with the Xbox ports. I remember listening to Bat Out of Hell II while playing Vice City back when it first came to Xbox. Also, Chinatown Wars had custom radio stations on iOS. Don't recall it happening with the Remastered GTA III though...

Also, I have noticed that all of Rockstar's GTA music is licensed by Sony Music Entertainment. So, if your favourite Artist or Band isn't owned by them, I can guarantee that we won't be hearing them in GTA V.

EDIT: Universal just bought EMI, so we can probably expect some Universal Artists as well...

Here's a very brief list of some of Sony's artists...

http://en.wikipedia....y_Music_artists

Rock Radio Station:

The Clash - Complete Control

The Killers - Human

Green Day - Holiday and Fuck Time

Sex Pistols - Anarchy in the UK

Queen - Killer Queen

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Bad Reputation

Bad Religion - 21st Century Digital Boy

NOFX - Leaving Jesusland

Atreyu - When Two Become One

Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

Nirvana - About a Girl

Animals - House of the Rising Sun

Aerosmith - Don't Wanna Miss a Thing

All of the GTA's on PC have custom radio stations, along with the Xbox ports. I remember listening to Bat Out of Hell II while playing Vice City back when it first came to Xbox. Also, Chinatown Wars had custom radio stations on iOS. Don't recall it happening with the Remastered GTA III though...

Also, I have noticed that all of Rockstar's GTA music is licensed by Sony Music Entertainment. So, if your favourite Artist or Band isn't owned by them, I can guarantee that we won't be hearing them in GTA V.

EDIT: Universal just bought EMI, so we can probably expect some Universal Artists as well...

Here's a very brief list of some of Sony's artists...

http://en.wikipedia....y_Music_artists

Going by that, there's a brilliant choice of artists to choose from but on the other hand, there's sadly a chance talentless fuckwits from X Factor could be included!

anyway that is what I would LIKE to see. No matter how convincing that list looks, Its not the final list (Unless Rockstar decide to use it in game HINT HINT Developers)

I'm really glad the developers are the ones picking the music rather than the fans..

• Like 2

there's sadly a chance talentless fuckwits from X Factor could be included!

I can't even begin to understand how that thought could ever enter someone's head.

Do you not know how Rockstar works? Do you not know how GTA works?

My theory is that i think they might have music stores to go to and buy songs from different artist like 50 cent,eminem,lil wayne,tyga and other famous singers but when you look in the songs you pick the singer and you can pick up to a certain amount of songs or they will let you use your music in your ps3 to listen to in your car or house.

My theory is that i think they might have music stores to go to and buy songs from different artist like 50 cent,eminem,lil wayne,tyga and other famous singers but when you look in the songs you pick the singer and you can pick up to a certain amount of songs or they will let you use your music in your ps3 to listen to in your car or house.

No.

• Like 2

My theory is that i think they might have music stores to go to and buy songs from different artist like 50 cent,eminem,lil wayne,tyga and other famous singers

1275273802064.jpg

• Like 3

My theory is that i think they might have music stores to go to and buy songs from different artist like 50 cent,eminem,lil wayne,tyga and other famous singers

1275273802064.jpg

I dont know about those famous musicians, but i can see a company wanting to increase revenue by enabling people to purchase extra songs... I might even buy a few songs..

New radio station and DJ

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-V-Nightride-FM-Feature-Kavinsky-51114.html

"Like the song “Nightcall” from the Drive soundtrack? Awesome, then you'll probably love Nightride FM given that it'll be hosted by the really cool French DJ, Kavinsky. He's known for his 1980s Miami-themed dark-wave electronic music and it will be making an appearance in the upcomingGrand Theft Auto V, due out this spring for home consoles and later on for PC.

Attack of the Fanboy managed to get hold of info from Twitter about the DJ's involvement with Rockstar's upcoming open-world action game, saying...

DJ Kavinsky has confirmed that he will be appearing in GTA V on the station, which would come as no surprise as he also contributed to GTA IV. The artist confirmed the news via Twitter, but didn’t offer any other details about his involvement in the game.

This is great news!

Fans of underground electronic music will easily gravitate towards the excitement of this news because Kavinksy really helped bring Nicolas Winding Refn's indie masterpiece, Drive, to life. That's not to mention that other songs like “Roadgame”, used to help promote Hitman: Absolution, also gained a lot of momentum for Kavinsky as well, and the guy is really just hitting strides using old-school sounds for a new-school generation.

One thing to consider, however, is that as cool as it is that GTA V will have music from artists like Kavinsky, there's also that absolutely frightening realization that 10 or so years from now we could be looking at licensing issues with publishing and distribution of GTA V via digital e-tailers due to the record industry...sort of like shades of GTA: Vice City and SME.

Still, it's great news for fans of Kavinsky that the guy has a bit of prominent role for one of the game's music stations, and the whole “Nightride FM” sounds like it could be one small part of many amazing features to round out Grand Theft Auto V."

Also in the examiner

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-grand-theft-auto-5-details-point-to-radio-updates

Also a new massive billboard is up in Poland suggesting marketing has begun

http://www.gamepur.com/news/10096-marketing-and-promotion-gta-v-begins-huge-billboard-warsaw-poland.html

• Like 1