Akon is not good anymore back in the days I liked him

Agreed

Well they should have that song in the game! like i said that kind of music was mainstream back then. mainstream these days suck

Let them decide which soundtrack to use, they get it right most of the times...

But they should add a custom station in the style of Independence FM

Completely agree. Independence FM is a MUST for GTA V.

Wasn't it available for the PC version of GTA IV? I'm pretty sure it was... But I'm really hoping it'll be for consoles too.

Wasn't it available for the PC version of GTA IV? I'm pretty sure it was... But I'm really hoping it'll be for consoles too.

Yeah it was for PC. I don't see why they couldn't do it for consoles, I mean you can add music to PS3 and Xbox360, you could just choose that as a file directory for the custom radio station.

Yeah it was for PC. I don't see why they couldn't do it for consoles, I mean you can add music to PS3 and Xbox360, you could just choose that as a file directory for the custom radio station.

Exactly! I even have a game on PS3 that allows you play your own music files while the game is going, so it has to be compatible. I remember when I first tried that out, I was like damn, if only this worked for GTA IV. I really hope Rockstar adds this feature for PS3/Xbox 360.

I don't get why some people only listen to a single radio station the entire time. Obviously you start off with a preferred genre, but considering the number of hours I spend in-game, I'd go batshit listening to the same set over and over, even if the radio chatter varies to match "current events". Listening to other stations introduces you to new music and different artists...who you might end up liking enough to buy some of their stuff. It would be like not playing missions...it's part of the game, and I want to experience it all.

For the same reason, I'm not interested in linking to my own music during the game. The sound design is a huge part of setting an epic tone, and when I hear Welcome to the Jungle or Roller or whatever, I like that it invokes the game for me. Listening to my own collection would take me out of the game, and feel less connected to the fabulous worlds that R* creates.

• Like 3

I don't get why some people only listen to a single radio station the entire time. Obviously you start off with a preferred genre, but considering the number of hours I spend in-game, I'd go batshit listening to the same set over and over, even if the radio chatter varies to match "current events". Listening to other stations introduces you to new music and different artists...who you might end up liking enough to buy some of their stuff. It would be like not playing missions...it's part of the game, and I want to experience it all.

For the same reason, I'm not interested in linking to my own music during the game. The sound design is a huge part of setting an epic tone, and when I hear Welcome to the Jungle or Roller or whatever, I like that it invokes the game for me. Listening to my own collection would take me out of the game, and feel less connected to the fabulous worlds that R* creates.

In GTA IV I only listened to The Classics, JNR and IF99 because that's the only type of music I like. The game was entirely based on Eastern European stuff, but that didn't make me want to listen to Vladovski. And the reason there are so many stations is to make it realistic, but also to cater to everyone.

To each his own, Marcus. My point was that different music can open up new doors, and it's worth it to turn the dial and give a different station a listen beyond the default first song. You might find something you like, and it's a nice change after you've heard the same 40 songs a million times.

I think we should focus less on the Era, and more on the setting. Classic rap, hip hop, and rock should be added as well as the newer rap, hip hop and rock. im not being a hater or nothin, but NO justin beiber or pop music. yeeea it would be more realistic, but cmon, would you realy start a bad ass car chase, just to be listning to selena gomez in your car? nah i wont judge if some people would, but i know i wont. and R* wouldnt waste its time licensing music when very few people are gonna listen to it. New music like Lil wayne, Drake, Big Sean, and other newwe rap artists should be added because they are popular, and would would make alot of people happy. as for Rock, well classics and Metal should be broken up into different staions like in previous gta games, and classic rap like Dr. Dre, snoop dogg, and 2 pac should be added becuase the game is set in a California type/ like setting where those artists are still popular.

Doubt Rockstar would even consider inviting Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, One Direction or any of those types of musicians to be in GTA V.

The reason the songs are crud in GTA 4 is because music rights for good songs are incredibly expensive. $15,000 is cheap for music rights in movies. If you think, millions of units sold and each costing 60 bucks, the artists are going to want a nice check for having there songs in the game.

The reason the songs are crud in GTA 4 is because music rights for good songs are incredibly expensive. $15,000 is cheap for movie rights in movies. If you think, millions of units sold and each costing 60 bucks, the artist are going to want a nice check for having there songs.

Ya, but Rockstar should the extra mile and make this the game GTA 4 was supposed to be. I just hope they include Lots of music

Guest Marney-1

The reason the songs are crud in GTA 4 is because music rights for good songs are incredibly expensive. $15,000 is cheap for music rights in movies. If you think, millions of units sold and each costing 60 bucks, the artists are going to want a nice check for having there songs in the game.

If Rockstar want a song in their game, they'll get it no matter what.

The band's classic Walk the Night appeared on the official soundtrack of the video game Grand Theft Auto IV. According to Rockstar Games, the company thought the song so important to have on the soundtrack that they hired a private investigator to locate Delaney's (who died in 2003) surviving relatives and secure the rights to include it.
- Skatt Brothers

If Rockstar want a song in their game, they'll get it no matter what.

The band's classic Walk the Night appeared on the official soundtrack of the video game Grand Theft Auto IV. According to Rockstar Games, the company thought the song so important to have on the soundtrack that they hired a private investigator to locate Delaney's (who died in 2003) surviving relatives and secure the rights to include it.
- Skatt Brothers

Dang, i dont see how it relates to the game, but if they go THAT far to get a song, then im sure we are going to get some decent music. GTA SA had some realy big 90s artists in it, and a majority of them are still producing music today. lets just cross our fingers.

I really hope that there is a station with 90s and late 80s hip-hop. I felt that the radio stations on GTA IV were pretty shit to be honest, there were only a few decent songs.

I'd like to see a decent metal station and perhaps a drum & bass, dubstep, and techno station. None of that Skrillex shit though.

Lazlow best be back too as he was great. I heard someone mention a conspiracy station too, that would be awesome.

I mostly like Hip Hop and a little bit of everything else ( but mostly Hip Hop ).Here's some good Hip Hop Songs I would like to see:

- The Enemy ~ Big L ( Ft. Fat Joe )

- Cookin Keys ~ Army Of The Pharoahs

- The Format ~ AZ

- Hip Hop ~ Dead Prez

- Worst Comes To Worst ~ Dilated Peoples

- Lose Yourself ~ Eminem

- Breath ~ Fabolous

- Above The Clouds ~ Gangstarr & Inspecta Deck

- I Got 5 On It ~ Luniz

- Shook Ones, Pt. 2 ~ Mobb Deep

- Get Away ~ Mobb Deep

- New York State Of Mind ~ NAS

- BOOM ~ Royce Da 59 ( Ft. DJ Premier )

- Last Motherfucker Breathing ~ Tupac

- Cream ~ Wu Tang Clan

- Death Around The Corner ~ Tupac

- Vato ~ Snoop Dogg

- 10 Lil Crips ~ Snoop Dogg

- Ain't No Sunshine ~ DMX

- Westside Story ~ The Game

- When We Ride On Our Enemies ~ Tupac

- Violent By Design ~ Jedi Mind Tricks

- Spinin ~ Zion I

- Temperature ~ Zion I ( Ft Talib Kweli )

- Throw Your Set In The Air ~ Cypress Hill

- Tequila Sunrise ~ Cypress Hill

- Still D.R.E ~ Dr. Dre ( Ft. Snoop Dogg )

- This Is What It Sounds Like ~ Black Moon

- Stand Clear ~ M.O.P

- Spit Your Game ~ Notorious B.I.G ( Ft. Twista and Krayzie Bone )

- Kick In The Door ~ Notorious B.I.G

- Bells Of War ~ Wu Tang Clan

- Blood In Blood Out ~ Jedi Mind Tricks

- Contra ~ Jedi Mind Tricks ( Ft. Killa Sha )

- Dancing With The Devil ~ Immortal Technique

- Down For My Niggas ~ Snoop Dogg

- Existence ~ Non Phixion

- Gangsta's Paradise ~ Coolio

- Hard Knock Life ~ Jay Z

- Holler Back ~ Kool G Rap ( Ft. Nas & AZ )

- Hood Shit ~ Termanology ( Ft. Prodigy )

- I'm The King ~ Royce Da 5'9"

- Invincible ~ Capone-N-Noreaga

- Jesus Walks ~ Kanye West

- Keep It Thoro ~ Prodigy

- Simon Says ~ Pharoahe Monche

- Next Level ~ Showbiz & AG

- Oh No ~ Mos Deff ( Ft. Nate Dogg & Pharoahe Monche )

- Phone Tap ~ AZ

- Platinum Plus ~ Big L ( Ft. Big Daddy Kane )

- Real Talk ~ Outlawz

- Rubberband Man ~ T.I.

- Send A Nigga Home ~ Bishop Lamont

- Shotz To Tha Double Glock ~ Bone Thugz-N-Harmony

- Sippin On Some Syrup ~ Three Six Mafia

- Caltroit ~ Bishop Lamont

They could make a couple of Rap Radio Stations with these quality tracks.

-

• Like 2

I don't know if this has been mentioned but why not a Farsi radio station since real life LA has a large Persian Population.

There's plenty of good Persian music out there. Plus the Persian community wasn't represented in San Andreas.