There will most likley be a reasonably wide variety of genres for those who like different music .

I prefer classic rock such as , Iron Maiden , The Misfits etc . And most music between 1960-1999.

My only worry is that the game is supposed to be set in the present day , and to be honest there hasn't been many songs that are worth talking about over the last dacade.

I've not read mostof these post. But here are some songs i think would be nice to hear in GTA V:

(Random bag, not specific genre or order)

san andreas is its own STATE. i have no doubt that california doesnt exist in the GTA world.

&

I think a lot of people are getting mixed up with California and West Coast.

Playing music based on California in Los Santos is like playing all the California songs in the middle of NYC. West Coast music would suit Los Santos as it's on the west coast, but "California" music wouldn't.

Cali' songs would be fine in GTA V. It's the feeling and setting of the songs, not the word Cali' or California that should matter... GTA V isn't just the west cost btw, it's also the mainland, mountains etc.

That's what "west coast" music is, the feeling of the songs. I doubt they would play signature music from one state in another state all the time. By west coast I don't literally mean the beach, I mean the generic location. And just the music that comes from California, but doesn't talk about it in the songs.

My only worry is that the game is supposed to be set in the present day , and to be honest there hasn't been many songs that are worth talking about over the last dacade.

Well, R* used popular music for Vice City and San Andreas because popular music was actually good during those time periods. R* knows that most music sucks nowadays, that's why GTA IV's soundtrack mostly consisted of independent artists and music a lot of people have never heard of. A lot of independent rappers on the West Coast today are just as good as the rappers from the 90's. R* will find the right music, don't worry.

Well, R* used popular music for Vice City and San Andreas because popular music was actually good during those time periods. R* knows that most music sucks nowadays, that's why GTA IV's soundtrack mostly consisted of independent artists and music a lot of people have never heard of. A lot of independent rappers on the West Coast today are just as good as the rappers from the 90's. R* will find the right music, don't worry.

Exactly, Rockstar are fucking geniuses when it comes to finding the most underground music ever.

But the thing is, there aren't any "West-Coast" rappers now that the 90s and east-west feud is over, as far as I'm aware. But then again, this game isn't about the West Coast, so any good mix of suitable genres would suit the game.

no the actual game does not the music thts just ther to add a bit more realism, in car radio they dont give a shit bowt wot music they put on aslong as people buy the game is all rockstar worry bowt the music could be all country bullshit for all they care

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Rockstar puts an immense amount of work into assembling a soundtrack that suits the time period and city the game takes place in, because they realize that you spend the majority of the game in a vehicle, and the soundtrack is a huge part of the immersion. Rockstar cares about the soundtrack, and they spend a lot of time - months, probably - searching for the perfect songs for each game.

If R* didn't care about what was on the radio in GTA, they'd just use a bunch of shitty mainstream rap music to appease the gangster-wannabe retards that just want GTA V to be a San Andreas remake.

dumbest thing you've ever read are you a rockstar/GTA fucking know it all like, so how come all the songs in gta iv wer shit as fuck yeah they really took time with that 1 didnt they, u trying to say they sit there and go are this song will work good for a police chase or this one will go well with a jewelry heist and the end of the day its fuckin music and from wot i can remember every single gta other than vice city had shit as fuck songs

no the actual game does not the music thts just ther to add a bit more realism, in car radio they dont give a shit bowt wot music they put on aslong as people buy the game is all rockstar worry bowt the music could be all country bullshit for all they care

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Rockstar puts an immense amount of work into assembling a soundtrack that suits the time period and city the game takes place in, because they realize that you spend the majority of the game in a vehicle, and the soundtrack is a huge part of the immersion. Rockstar cares about the soundtrack, and they spend a lot of time - months, probably - searching for the perfect songs for each game.

If R* didn't care about what was on the radio in GTA, they'd just use a bunch of shitty mainstream rap music to appease the gangster-wannabe retards that just want GTA V to be a San Andreas remake.

dumbest thing you've ever read are you a rockstar/GTA fucking know it all like, so how come all the songs in gta iv wer shit as fuck yeah they really took time with that 1 didnt they, u trying to say they sit there and go are this song will work good for a police chase or this one will go well with a jewelry heist and the end of the day its fuckin music and from wot i can remember every single gta other than vice city had shit as fuck songs

Every song in every GTA since Vice City has fit the setting perfectly. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You also don't know how to type, but that's a different argument, in which you will also be wrong.

• Like 4

I agree with my nigga Massy of course, this guy obviously has a very limited taste in music. While GTA IV was somewhat disappointing in the rap department with all the mainstream bullshit it did accurately reflect what i'd expect to hear on a radio station in N.Y. today (or 2008 when it was released.)

Vice and San An were near-perfect though, III was a bit off but R* had only just found their feet in the 3D GTA universe then so it's understandable.

I agree with my nigga Massy of course, this guy obviously has a very limited taste in music. While GTA IV was somewhat disappointing in the rap department with all the mainstream bullshit it did accurately reflect what i'd expect to hear on a radio station in N.Y. today (or 2008 when it was released.)

Vice and San An were near-perfect though, III was a bit off but R* had only just found their feet in the 3D GTA universe then so it's understandable.

Did you listen to "The Classics"? It had some pretty good classic, early east-coast Hip-Hop on it. That's all I listened to the whole game.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Rockstar puts an immense amount of work into assembling a soundtrack that suits the time period and city the game takes place in, because they realize that you spend the majority of the game in a vehicle, and the soundtrack is a huge part of the immersion. Rockstar cares about the soundtrack, and they spend days, weeks even, searching for the perfect songs for each game.

You are seriously retarded. Vice City did have good songs, yeah. But that was the fucking 80s, you seriously expect Rockstar to use 80's songs in every fucking game that's not even set in that time period? GTA IV was about Eastern-European mafia etc... And a lot of music fit that theme. And San Andreas was based on the gang scene in the 90s in LA, so the classic west-coast hip-hop fit perfectly. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't fit or it's "shit as fuck".

Also, try to make cohesive sentences that actually make sense and remember, punctuation is your friend! You're on the right path, using one piece of punctuation in that whole paragraph.

• Like 2

Im sorry Mercy....but if that song came on id have to run every mother fucker down on the path and then hope for the best there is a ramp at the end of the street thats points directly to the sea....LOL

Haha I was being sarcastic.

I would just change the radio station if it came on...no need for a massacre. ;)

(Again I'm being sarcastic)

I was thinking that to. Like make your own radio station.

They had that in GTA IV for PC, if I remember correctly. I would like that idea, especially if there are no good music stations. I like listening to the DJ's speak about random, GTA shit though.

yea that's awesome, but yea on your console have alot of your own music that you can put on the radio stations, and also call the radio station whatever you want

Nothin but a g thing dr dre

the breaks kurtis blow

Fuck tha police n.w.a

it was a good day ice cube

Big poppa biggy

Wild thing ton loc

Boyz in da hood eazy e

No sleep wiz khalifa

young wild and free snopp dogg

Sex and candy bad bitches sky is the limit down with the sickness some Gucci mane songs no hands. Big rock candy mountain

I think they should put Akon songs in this game espically in t he strip clubs. I wanna love you is a perfect strip song.