The radio stations are an awesome feature...I just want an interesting variety to choose from. They should bring back a classical music station (like Double Cleff in GTA III)...then I can listen to Mozart while mowing down peds.

They won't put in an homage to VC in a west coast setting but there certainly will be rock, hip hop, country, metal and reggae.

More April Wine please!!!

i think Julio G should be a radio personality.. cause in LA hes still on the radio on "West Coast Wednesday".. but i think he should be like on san andreas, cause he plays old school and new songs.. i think they should bring all of the radio stations back from SA (and more).. Radio Los Santos, Playback FM, K Jah West, Radio X, and a couple others which i cant remember the names (the one with the country music and the oldies/motown one).. they were all in my top 10 of all gta games radios.

I hope Julio G hosts RLS again with classic, west-coast, G-Funk hip-hop songs, like how Playback FM used to play "the classics" in the 90s of San Andreas.

I'm into 20th century music, so here's what I would like to see come back to GTA and debut in GTA:

OZZY OSBOURNE-HELLRAISER

TALK TALK-IT'S MY LIFE

BONNIE TYLER-HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO

GUNS N' ROSES-WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

GUNS N' ROSES-PARADISE CITY

GUNS N' ROSES-SWEET CHILD OF MINE

MEN AT WORK-DOWN UNDER

AHA-TAKE ON ME

SIMPLE MINDS- DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME

LIVING COLOUR-CULT OF PERSONALITY (Yeah I'm a CM PUNK fan)

THE RATPACK

ETC

They should have a radio station especially for these type of songs.

The music is so important to the GTA franchise. The right music while cruising in a particular vehicle in a particular location on the map is part of what makes the games great. I agree with basically bringing back the same stations as in GTA SA, with some updates. Several stations in particular I think are key:

You have to have a alternative/modern rock station like Radio X. Certain bands from GTA SA still fit well, like Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, Guns n' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, and Alice in Chains, but I would also like to see Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Bush, Incubus, Sublime, Rise Against, Weezer, 30 Seconds to Mars, etc.

You also need a classic rock station like K-DST for when you're cruising at high speeds through the country. The lineup from GTA SA is pretty solid.

A rap station like Radio Los Santos is essential for drivebys in the city. I actually like the idea of keeping the gangster rap era type of stuff like Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Easy E, 2 Pac, NWA. You could certainly add Snoop Dogg. Maybe you could keep this station and also have a different one playing new rap.

I think a country station like K-Rose is good to have for committing drivebys on tractors and quads. The talk station is also entertaining and should stay. A pop station would also be reasonable.

I think they need a station devoted to punk. Not any of the blink 182 shit or sum 41, im talkkin about bands like nofx, sex pistols, anti flag, misfits ect. They wouldn't exactly charge rockstar a large amount to play them, I could imagine drivin round doin drive-by's while anarchy in the uk blasts out the radio!

lol just came to me, my bad if someone already said this.. but have the artists from gta san andreas (og loc, madd dogg, love fist) record real songs that come up on radio stations..

and MUSIC VIDEOS.. like on the tv or on a in game website like youtube.. i always wanted to hear madd dogg come out with "real ganton city g's.. wit grove street in the video dissin og loc.. lol

lol just came to me, my bad if someone already said this.. but have the artists from gta san andreas (og loc, madd dogg, love fist) record real songs that come up on radio stations..

and MUSIC VIDEOS.. like on the tv or on a in game website like youtube.. i always wanted to hear madd dogg come out with "real ganton city g's.. wit grove street in the video dissin og loc.. lol

Madd Dogg isn't from Ganton. More like OG Loc coming out with that, except it would be terrible because he is such a shitty rapper.

I would hope at least good Rock/Metal like:

Megadeth-Hangar 18

Metallica-Whiplash

Slayer-Seasons in the Abyss

Anthrax-Indians

Motorhead-Ace of Spades

Iron Maiden-Flash of the Blade

Venom-Poison

AC/DC-Walk All Over You

Guns N' Roses-Night Train

Quiet Riot-Condition Critical

Ratt-Lay it Down

This is just to name a list right now, I might have more to come.

I would hope at least good Rock/Metal like:

Megadeth-Hangar 18

Metallica-Whiplash

Slayer-Seasons in the Abyss

Anthrax-Indians

Motorhead-Ace of Spades

Iron Maiden-Flash of the Blade

Venom-Poison

AC/DC-Walk All Over You

Guns N' Roses-Night Train

Quiet Riot-Condition Critical

Ratt-Lay it Down

This is just to name a list right now, I might have more to come.

raining blood and disciple are way better songs by slayer.

I've not read mostof these post. But here are some songs i think would be nice to hear in GTA V:

(Random bag, not specific genre or order)

san andreas is its own STATE. i have no doubt that california doesnt exist in the GTA world.

Madd Dogg isn't from Ganton. More like OG Loc coming out with that, except it would be terrible because he is such a shitty rapper.

yeah i know, i think it would be good since he was so connected to CJ and grove street.. and since OG loc is a wannabe from ganton..

• Like 1

I think a lot of people are getting mixed up with California and West Coast.

Playing music based on California in Los Santos is like playing all the California songs in the middle of NYC. West Coast music would suit Los Santos as it's on the west coast, but "California" music wouldn't.

West-Coast hip-hop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cgq6HicBdgM

"California" orientated music:

and what everyone else has been suggesting.

aslong as tupac and dre california love is on the radio al be happy "out on bail fresh out of jail california dreamn soon as a step on the scene am hearin hoochies screamin and a couple from the game would be nice to

aslong as tupac and dre california love is on the radio al be happy "out on bail fresh out of jail california dreamn soon as a step on the scene am hearin hoochies screamin and a couple from the game would be nice to

I guess you totally ignored my post explaining why songs about California wouldn't actually fit in Los Santos?

I guess you totally ignored my post explaining why songs about California wouldn't actually fit in Los Santos?

wen do any ov the songs put in gta games fit

All the fucking time, dumbass. That's one of the elements that make up GTA, the music.

All the fucking time, dumbass. That's one of the elements that make up GTA, the music.

no the actual game does not the music thts just ther to add a bit more realism, in car radio they dont give a shit bowt wot music they put on aslong as people buy the game is all rockstar worry bowt the music could be all country bullshit for all they care

raining blood and disciple are way better songs by slayer.

Raining Blood was in Vice City, R* aren't known for using the same song in two games. Although there is one exception if you can think of it... little quiz for you.

san andreas is its own STATE. i have no doubt that california doesnt exist in the GTA world.

That is irrelevant, it is based on California and there's no reason why R* can't choose songs that reference it. Florida exists in the GTA universe we know from Vice City, but I don't think Cali does, it doesn't matter though.

no the actual game does not the music thts just ther to add a bit more realism, in car radio they dont give a shit bowt wot music they put on aslong as people buy the game is all rockstar worry bowt the music could be all country bullshit for all they care

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Rockstar puts an immense amount of work into assembling a soundtrack that suits the time period and city the game takes place in, because they realize that you spend the majority of the game in a vehicle, and the soundtrack is a huge part of the immersion. Rockstar cares about the soundtrack, and they spend a lot of time - months, probably - searching for the perfect songs for each game.

If R* didn't care about what was on the radio in GTA, they'd just use a bunch of shitty mainstream rap music to appease the gangster-wannabe retards that just want GTA V to be a San Andreas remake.

• Like 1

I've not read mostof these post. But here are some songs i think would be nice to hear in GTA V:

(Random bag, not specific genre or order)

&

I think a lot of people are getting mixed up with California and West Coast.

Playing music based on California in Los Santos is like playing all the California songs in the middle of NYC. West Coast music would suit Los Santos as it's on the west coast, but "California" music wouldn't.

Cali' songs would be fine in GTA V. It's the feeling and setting of the songs, not the word Cali' or California that should matter... GTA V isn't just the west cost btw, it's also the mainland, mountains etc.

If R* didn't care about what was on the radio in GTA, they'd just use a bunch of shitty mainstream rap music to appease the gangster-wannabe retards that just want GTA V to be a San Andreas remake.

Like half of the people in this topic it seems.