What about adding your own music?, it could say "Here's a personal request from anon" Is love that could plat songs to get me pumped

well assuming the stations are going to be kinda similar to how they were in san andreas ill post my thoughts on some and ill use the names of previous stations. i have songs next to each other since i can't just choose one song, i have multiple songs that might fit a station by one artist.

K-DST

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers "I won't back down" "Refugee"

George Thoroughgood "Bad to the bone"

Steppenwolf "Born to be wild"

Steve Miller Band "Take the money and run"

Creedance Clearwater Revival "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" "Lookin' Out My Back Door"

Thin Lizzy "The Boys Are Back In Town"

Bob Segar & The Silver Bullet Band "Hollywood Nights"

Alice Cooper "No more mr nice guy"

Ted Nugent "Cat scratch fever"

ELO "Don't Bring me down"

Led Zeppelin "Immigrant Song"

Black Sabbath "N.I.B."

Bon Jovi "Have a nice day"

Queen "Another one bites the dust"

thats my list so far for "The Dust"

One of the last things I want is to hear 40 year old songs (that are good) BUT i had to hear them my entire life so it gets annoying. So if i have to hear 1 more led zeppelin or Tom petty song, im going to blow my fucking brains out. I'll admit the music in SA was nearly perfect where as EVERY song in IV was trash except for maybe 2. Not sure if I should feel confident, or be worried.

One of the last things I want is to hear 40 year old songs (that are good) BUT i had to hear them my entire life so it gets annoying. So if i have to hear 1 more led zeppelin or Tom petty song, im going to blow my fucking brains out. I'll admit the music in SA was nearly perfect where as EVERY song in IV was trash except for maybe 2. Not sure if I should feel confident, or be worried.

So change the station, fella.

Adding your own tunes is an entirely different ballgame than porting IRL radio programs, IMO.

In the way that its easier, yes I agree.

The Dust was a classic rock station. and if that annoys you then listen to another station.

With the edition of Michael listening to earbuds in a latest pic, do you think we may have a portable radio on the iFruit? (I know this concept has been brought up before a few times, but let's get the ball rolling)

If not a radio, an MP3 player of sorts. If so, how do you think it would function within the game world? Would you download radio tracks to the phone (like VIP ringtones) via an in-game computer, or would they go as far as having you access your console's music collection.

It would also be kinda cool that if the switch radio track became a skip forward/back button on the player too, or maybe throw in a play/pause option?

Of course, I could just be looking too far into a cosmetic thing. It may just be part of a cutscene, but we can dream, right?

With the edition of Michael listening to earbuds in a latest pic, do you think we may have a portable radio on the iFruit? (I know this concept has been brought up before a few times, but let's get the ball rolling)

If not a radio, an MP3 player of sorts. If so, how do you think it would function within the game world? Would you download radio tracks to the phone (like VIP ringtones) via an in-game computer, or would they go as far as having you access your console's music collection.

It would also be kinda cool that if the switch radio track became a skip forward/back button on the player too, or maybe throw in a play/pause option?

Of course, I could just be looking too far into a cosmetic thing. It may just be part of a cutscene, but we can dream, right?

I reckon the iFruit will probably be equippable in some way, for use anywhere in the world.

So there could possibly be some kind of iTunes rip-off on the in-game internet, where you use in-game cash to purchase a bunch of songs from numerous genres. And all of them are then uploaded straight to your iFruit phone.

After which you can make playlists so you can listen to continuous music when runnin' & gunnin' around Los Santos and the countryside.

*Although this concept might come into conflict with the "Ambient Music" score.

Adding your own tunes is an entirely different ballgame than porting IRL radio programs, IMO.

I understand what you mean and that would be cool but Rockstar spends a lot of money on each of these songs and they want them to be heard. I think it personally adds an aesthetic to the game..random songs, music discovery, sonic realism.. just like real life, can't select what songs play on the radio.

• Like 1

That's a good idea, probably a lot of legal leg work involved though, but i think the radio stations R* create are a really strong part of the game. They add to the overall immersion into Los Santos culture. Like in IV on Liberty Rock Radio the host would moan about the high taxes and high crime in the city supposedly the best in the world. Its those kind of little touches that make GTA games what they are, Just wouldn't be the same without them

• Like 3

then i would just like 120px-Independencefm.png on my console version having mp3's wma's and ogg,s played ingame with commercials inbetween like ik gta iv etc would be better with radio streams though :P

Independence FM on the console would be awesome! Radio streams would kinda break the immersion for me, I'd miss how they talk about what's going on in town and Pißwasser commercials. :D

• Like 1

I find it funny when foreign cab drivers are listening to international music on their favourite music station like in GTA Liberty City Stories and in GTA IV. It also feels good to ask the taxi driver to switch to a better station. I also like the cab drivers talking about their stupid lives while driving me to a bar.

I also like balsting the cab driver in the head with a 12 guage shot gun. And getting a free ride too.

Independence FM always made fun of my cool songs. Who doesn't listen to Celine Dion and James Taylor? I listen to Celine Dion whenever I'm in a high speed chase from the law and being tha realist muthphaka you ever saw.

I hope the next Independence FM DJ will be a girl.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

I'm a lil high while typing this.

• Like 3

I find it funny when foreign cab drivers are listening to international music on their favourite music station like in GTA Liberty City Stories and in GTA IV. It also feels good to ask the taxi driver to switch to a better station. I also like the cab drivers talking about their stupid lives while driving me to a bar.

I also like balsting the cab driver in the head with a 12 guage shot gun. And getting a free ride too.

Independence FM always made fun of my cool songs. Who doesn't listen to Celine Dion and James Taylor? I listen to Celine Dion whenever I'm in a high speed chase from the law and being tha realist muthphaka you ever saw.

I hope the next Independence FM DJ will be a girl.

Sorry, I'm rambling.

I'm a lil high while typing this.

I literally laughed my ass off about that post, you sir made my day.

All I'm hoping for is a good old school hip hop station.

Although a newer station with more underground rappers like R.A The Rugged Man, Revolution Of The Mind and Ill Bill would be nice too.

Given the high concentration of Latinos and Hispanics in Blaine County and Los Santos, I'd be happy to see some Latin-flavored songs from varied eras appear on some stations. Anything from Perez Prado to Santana would be nice to hear.