is there any evidence that GTA 5 WILL have gangs? can't find any official word on it.

In the Second Trailer at 1:18 seconds in, the "Black Guy" sliding over the car is wearing a Purple T-Shirt ( Possible Ballas Gang Member ).

At 42 seconds in if you look carefully ( with High Definition on the video player ) you can see a Ballas tag on the bench next to Michael ( as pointed out by Marcus in the Post before yours ).

And lastly Franklin's character synopsis in the GI Article says he is an ex-gangbanger, with his friend still possibly being one as well. And in the trailer if you listen to the banter between Franklin and his friend you hear them talking about; "Slangin' Dope and Throwin' up Gang Signs".

As for any official word from Rockstar I can't say.

But what I can say is in my opinion gangs of some shape or form will make an appearance in GTA V. But too what extent, I don't know.

Hope that helps. :D

• Like 1

is there any evidence that GTA 5 WILL have gangs? can't find any official word on it.

In the Second Trailer at 1:18 seconds in, the "Black Guy" sliding over the car is wearing a Purple T-Shirt ( Possible Ballas Gang Member ).

At 42 seconds in if you look carefully ( with High Definition on the video player ) you can see a Ballas tag on the bench next to Michael ( as pointed out by Marcus in the Post before yours ).

And lastly Franklin's character synopsis in the GI Article says he is an ex-gangbanger, with his friend still possibly being one as well. And in the trailer if you listen to the banter between Franklin and his friend you hear them talking about; "Slangin' Dope and Throwin' up Gang Signs".

As for any official word from Rockstar I can't say.

But what I can say is in my opinion gangs of some shape or form will make an appearance in GTA V. But too what extent, I don't know.

Hope that helps. :D

Well said.

icon11.gif

I hope Samuel L Jackson is a voice actor in the game, he's awesome. But they shouldn't have too many from SA, or it would feel strange as you recognize the voice as one character from SA, not from V.

He wont be in it.

They said no characters from the past generation of GTA games will retrun. They also said they arent using celebrities anymore. They said the way you would recognize their voice and picture the actor, takes away from the character they are trying to create.

probably that reason, and they dont want to shell out a crap load of money for fameous people.

there will be gangs, but they wont have a big role. Your playing 3 different people and a lot of the focus is on bank jobs.

probably repeating stuff but common, im not reading 6 pages

Yeah if they aim to replicate Los Angeles there will be gangs. As DiO said they won't play a huge role, but they will definitely be there. Maybe mostly as part of Franklin's story as his friend in the trailer (probably Lamar) is part of the 'hood' life, being content with 'slangin' dope and throwin' up gang signs'

is there any evidence that GTA 5 WILL have gangs?

can't find any official word on it.

From the Guardian article that TreeFitty found:

"Like LA itself, Los Santos is a patchwork of neighbourhoods with a downtown area,

a gang-infested southern district, and the prosperous areas in the hills."

Full article, a really great read:

http://www.guardian....v-preview-gta-5

Grand Theft Auto V preview: the inside story

We get the full lowdown on GTA V from co-writer Dan Houser

and find out how the game's skewed vision of LA was conceived

• Like 1

Franklin's story is probably meant to be a minimized version of the stereotypical 'getting out of the hood' type story, somewhat like SA to cater to all the fans who love that type of story.

this wont focus on gangs like SA did, these three protags are big time criminals, not small time gang members, there's a reason Franklin dropped that life and is now with more established criminals probably making a way better living than he ever did before. They won't include ballas or any of that sort, but more new era gangs that resemble LA.

i would hope they have a San Quentin representation and have Franklin stay there for a couple missions and a possible breakout with the other two protags. these 3 character idea can really make a game shine.

I can't wait! I'd like to use Trevor in a helicopter fly to some ghetto and and pick off gangmembers, dealers, homeless people and just any pedestrians. Then fly away laughing flipping the finger. How about getting gangs to fight other gangs. Just driveing in the ghetto you make a left turn BAM! There's a full on gang war shoot out cars are getting blown up. Pedestrians on the street are running and being shot. Your car takes some bullets then sirens and cops show up and get into the shoot out with the gang members. Kill them and cops leave. And then keep driving looking for a group or gangmembers to cap.

(Ok above is just one of many gang elements I want to see)

Smarter AI would make gang shootouts more exciting, I know gangs probably don't use tactics but flanking and moving from cover to cover is a must.

• Like 2

Smarter AI would make gang shootouts more exciting, I know gangs probably don't use tactics but flanking and moving from cover to cover is a must.

^This. They did quite a good job with the AI in MP3, something similar to that would be spot on.

By most definitions, the 3 protagonists form a 'gang'. The main storyline is heist based with an emphasis on the pursuit of the dollar. I reckon there will be other gangs chasing the same prize in one or more of the heists, whether the gang is a bunch a street niggas or a huge Triad organisation. But the emphasis will not be on gangs as such.

What I would like to see is a few RDR style random events, like shootouts and drive bys when you are exploring the gangsta areas. Or if there is clothing customisation, dressing in a gangs colours to start shit in another gangs hood. But not as a part of the main storyline....

And I like the idea of hillbilly gangs too - selling meth and cousins!!

• Like 1

this wont focus on gangs like SA did, these three protags are big time criminals, not small time gang members, there's a reason Franklin dropped that life and is now with more established criminals probably making a way better living than he ever did before. They won't include ballas or any of that sort, but more new era gangs that resemble LA.

i would hope they have a San Quentin representation and have Franklin stay there for a couple missions and a possible breakout with the other two protags. these 3 character idea can really make a game shine.

San Quentin is in Northern California, and somewhere earlier another prison closer to LA was spotted in the trailer. Anyway, just because Franklin isn't part of a gang anymore doesn't mean they won't exist. Like I said, on the bench it is written 'Ballas'. Now this could be an easter egg reference, or they could be one of the gangs present in the new version of LS - with no ties or memories to the Ballas of the other universe except the purple colour.

Of course the Ballas won't be identical to the Ballas of the 90s, but neither are the Crips who started off as a hand to hand combat gang and then in 20 or so years evolved into a violent gang participating in a range of criminal activities using firearms.

What are these new era gangs that exist today that didn't exist in the 90's?( San Andreas was set in the 90's )

How is LA and it's street gangs different Today from how they were in the 90's? I'd like to know, since I've done a lot of research into the matter. Research that others don't seem to have done, yet they still make unfounded statements that colour gangs don't exist on the same level that they did in the 90's.

Let me just say that they are more numerous today than they ever were in the 1990's.

The gang that ai think will be included are:

- Mexican/spanish gang (most of them are arrested & they have a hangout in north los santos)

- Ballas (most of the ballas members died by an police ambush, there are only e few members/ 20 to 30, they have a warehouse & hangout at the docks, they are almost out of money and trying to do some robberies.

- Maffia (Very very rich almost 10 times more then michael. They have multiple luxe suites in one building.

They also have a big garage and 2 private jets/ one for the don and one for his son)

The johnson family died when they were killed by assasins.

Franking is a fan of Grove Street, he has pictures of Grove street logo's.

Trevor will be attacked by 3 maffia members but killed all three with an ax.

Michael payed a couple of assasins to plant a bomb in the ballas hangout because they were robbing stores that michael wanted too rob. ( but they failed)

Grove street will not be included because it was the gang where CJ was in.

I do believe there will be some Grove street easter eggs like: "Grove Street 4 Life".

- Mexican/spanish gang (most of them are arrested & they have a hangout in north los santos)

- Ballas (most of the ballas members died by an police ambush, there are only e few members/ 20 to 30, they have a warehouse & hangout at the docks, they are almost out of money and trying to do some robberies.

- Maffia (Very very rich almost 10 times more then michael. They have multiple luxe suites in one building.

They also have a big garage and 2 private jets/ one for the don and one for his son)

Michael payed a couple of assasins to plant a bomb in the ballas hangout because they were robbing stores that michael wanted too rob. ( but they failed)

I do believe there will be some Grove street easter eggs like: "Grove Street 4 Life".

South Los Santos is actually 'gang infested', much like the real South Central Los Angeles which was renamed South Los Angeles in order to try destroy the association with gang activity. And the mexican gang would most likely be Varios Los Aztecas or something similar.

And if there are Ballas, there might be GSF as well, just with no association with CJ or any of the Johnson family.

Are you Trolling or is English your second langauge ( if it is, no offence intended ).

I think that there will be some missions that involve gang activity. Franklins friend is somehow involved in gang. I hope there will be something like in GTA SA. And there will be some very dangerous places where if player will enter then it may be beaten and robed. Maybe player will have opportunity to steal some drugs and sell them or steal money from drug deals and that way he will be very disliked by gang and attacked more often.

I think that there will be some missions that involve gang activity. Franklins friend is somehow involved in gang. I hope there will be something like in GTA SA. And there will be some very dangerous places where if player will enter then it may be beaten and robed. Maybe player will have opportunity to steal some drugs and sell them or steal money from drug deals and that way he will be very disliked by gang and attacked more often.

it would be pretty cool if they implemented a colors mechanic too, for example if you wear the wrong colors in the wrong hood as Franklin they may try and jump you or something.

• Like 2