Well, most likey because of it's setting and the character's (mainly Franklin & Micheal) I'm gonna be safe to say there will be Street Gang's & Organized Crime Groups. Obviously, if you have seen Franklin's trailer he's a Gangbanger. His gang color's are Green, and he's seen shooting and killing dude's in Purple. Lol Obviously it's gonna be "Grove St. Families or GSF" (Probably with the same and newer set's of GSF.) and their enemies "Ballas" (with probably the same and newer set's of the Ballas.) It will probably be as Rockstar said a "Different Universe" than that of GTA:SA , So I would'nt expect no mention of the other GSF. They will probably have a different storyline of what happened in the early 90's ( probably like the Ballas and GSF just had serious beef and been killing each other since their Hood's been around but probably nothing will change until the age of Franklin.)

I'm guessin with Micheal he's associated or in an Mafia Family from Liberty City or somewhere else. Shit, he might even be in the Los Santos Family (Los Angeles Family) or someshit. Idk. OR As I've heard he's moved to the LS to live a quite normal life on Witness Protection. So maybe he's a snitch or maybe just a lone banker robber. Then again I dont see how you rob bank's and the Government gives you a deal to go into Witness Protection, obviously he's either a Ex-Mobster himself or he was in an group that robbed bank's before he moved but snitched to protect himself from getting years behind bars. So, I'd expect some "Goodfellas" or just some people in general to be looking for him. Fuck maybe that's something to look out for when Him, Franklin, & Trevor are robbin bank's together. Hmmm :no:

The REAL Los Angeles and Los Angeles County has over thousands of Street Gang's (AKA The Gang Capital of the World.), ranging from Latino, Black, Asian, and Pacific Islander. With almost every gang anywhere from 100 members to over 10,000+ members. Most Street Gang's are located in Areas of West Los Angeles, South Central Lost Angeles, South Los Angeles, Downtown Los Angeles, East Lost Angeles, North East Los Angeles, ect. and in the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, and Antelope Valley. I would imagine they would be realistic and not put a shit load of gang's every where but probably with what they did in GTA IV but a little more to it. Instead of what they in GTA:SA (4 Gang's in the whole city, 2 black & 2 hispanic.) they'll probably put 4 or 5 Black Gang's, 5 or 6 hispanic gang, 2 or 3 asian gang's (Many are influeced by Black and Hispanic gang's), and 1 or 2 Pacific Islander gang's(Many are Black Influeced by Blood and Crip Gang's). Mainly black gang's are set in south central, and south L.A., and western L.A. Areas while the Hispanic gang's are in South central L.A., South L.A., East L.A., Northeast L.A., & In the San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita, and Antelope Valleys. The Asian & Pacific Islander gangs are in western L.A. area's and and Southern L.A. . I'm guessin there gonna have each gang have a set or click in different part of the map like probably the majority in the south central and east los santos areas. but maybe 1 or 2 set's or clicks in an San Fernando Valley, Antelope Valley, and San Gabriel Valley Equivalent.

*STREET GANGS*

Black Gang's: Equivalent to Various Blood, Crip, & Hoover Criminal Gang's.

1.) Grove Street Families Or GSF. (with the same set's as Temple Drive Families, Seville Blvd. Familes, and possibly New set's like for example Vespucci Beach Families ? and turfs around various parts of the map.)

2.) Ballas (with the same set name's as Temple Drive Ballas, Killo Tray Ballas, Front Yard Ballas, Rollin Heights Ballas and some new set's and turfs in various areas around the map. )

Most likely 2 new black gang based on some Crip, Blood, and Hoover Criminal gangs.

Like for example: Nutty Blocc Compton Crip, Rollin' 20's Crip, Pasadena Denver Lanes Blood, 52 Brim, Pacoima Pirus, 52 Hoover Crip, 112 Hoover Criminals, 74 Hoover Criminals, 89 Eastcoast Crips, Inglewood Family Bloods, Cedar Block Pirus, Rollin' 60's Neighborhood Crips , Playboy Gangster Crips, ect.

Hispanic Gangs: Equivalent to Various Sureno and Maravilla gang's .

1.) Varrio Los Aztecas or VLA (with some clicks and turfs in various areas around the game.)

2.) Los Santos Vagos or LSV (with the same clicks like Northside Vagos and some new clicks and turfs in various areas around the map.)

Most likely 2,3, or 4 newer hispanic gang's based on Various Sureno and Maravilla gangs.

Like for example: 18th Street, MS-13, La Avenues 13, El Sereno Rifa 13, Highland Park 13, Playboy Surenos 13, Varrio Nuevo Estrada 13, Florencia 13, Pacas 13, San Fers 13, Palmas 13, Lancas 13, Sangra 13, Canoga Park 13, Barrio Van Nuyes 13, Marianna Maravilla, El Hoya Maravilla, Comptone Varrio 117th St. 13, Los Compadres Varrio 3ce, ect.

Asian Gangs:

1 or 2 Asian Gang's most likely based on the Asian Boyz, Tiny Rascal Gang, Wah Ching, Real Pinoy Brothers, Ect.

Pacific Islander Gangs:

1 or 2 Pacific Islander gang's based on Sons of Somoa Bloods, Head Hunters Bloods.ect.

*ORGANIZED CRIME*

1.) Italian-Mafia or La Cosa Nostra (An Los Angeles Mafia Family Equivalent maybe called Los Santos Family or actually named after an Don or Former Don of the the Family.)

2.) Korean Mafia

3.) Chinese Traids

4.) Russian Mafiya

*BIKER GANGS*

An Biker gang Equivalent to the Mongels, Vagos, Hells Angels, ect.

1.) Angels of Death (because they are seen in GTA:SA if I recall and on GTA IV they are heard to of started in Los Santos, San Andreas.)

2.) Most likey biker gang based on the Mongols, Vagos, or Hells Angels.

So everybody these are my thought's and guesses on what's going to happen in GTA V. (Y):jumpy:

• Like 1

merged ;)... it doesn't matter how old the topic is, we're not gonna have duplicates everywhere...

Lol Wasnt A Duplicate, 1 dude on here was talking about MS not knowing they really arent as bad as everyone around the country thinks they are in LA compared to the MS on the Eastcoast. The MS in LA are'nt as active as they use to be, 18 & F13 be more bout it nowadays. Alot of dudes did'nt know what they where talking about. 1 dude said LA didnt have gang's but come to Detroit and you'll find them like wtf? :wall: plus, I went more into detail about the gang's of GTA V than the main topic did. That's why i posted what I did. (Y)

I didn't realize 3 days was a long time.

Anywho, did any of the previews actually say Franklin is in the Grove Street gang? Or that they actually exist in GTA V? I don't remember it being stated in any of the English ones.

Nope. The gang wears green, and Franklin is seen wearing green. That's enough for most people.

It's highly likely that Franklin is a member of the gang, but no indication they're called Grove Street. Considering that gangs aren't particularly important to the overall story (or in general) I assume the gangs would just be called the Families and the Ballas, with no specific set names like Grove Street.

Anywho, did any of the previews actually say Franklin is in the Grove Street gang? Or that they actually exist in GTA V? I don't remember it being stated in any of the English ones.

No, with him and Lamar wearing green and killing guys in purple in his trailer and screenshots, its just one of those.. "Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, must be a duck." Things I guess.

• Like 2

It turned into a general gang topic. I changed the title to reflect this, I just didn't bother changing the OP. This is our gang topic.

Lmao well i didnt read the whole post so sorry, but it's kinda funny how it's in the GTAV Forum but it's talking bout real gangs. lol most of the poeple commenting dont know shit bout LA. We should move this back to the game gangs. foreal.

No, with him and Lamar wearing green and killing guys in purple in his trailer and screenshots, its just one of those.. "Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, must be a duck." Things I guess.

Exactly.

Nope. The gang wears green, and Franklin is seen wearing green. That's enough for most people.

It's highly likely that Franklin is a member of the gang, but no indication they're called Grove Street. Considering that gangs aren't particularly important to the overall story (or in general) I assume the gangs would just be called the Families and the Ballas, with no specific set names like Grove Street.

Well idk about you but Franklin's character is obviously in the "Green Gang" my guess is it's Grove Street Familes but as you said it could be called "The Families" or someshit. And I gotta disagree, I think Gang's will have an important role in Franklin's STORY. Due to the video.

I didn't realize 3 days was a long time.

Yeah lol his video made it pretty clear bro .

when discussing something, most people tend to talk about the similarities to real-life things... that's why there's plenty of posts about detroit gangs and whatnot... this topic is for discussing GTA gangs, and sometimes you gotta mention the real ones to know how they're going to handle the fake ones...

grove st. is implied due to the abundance of green in the trailer... but like others said, R* has yet to confirm it's grove st... however, their arch enemy, the ballas has been confirmed... for me it's one of those, "wait until it's confirmed" things before i start jumping on the bandwagon... it certainly looks like grove st. so we'll see...

and yes, i think franklin's "green" gang plays a strong role in his story... not as an over-arching story like it did in san andreas, but plays a role in how franklin lives his every day life in south central los santos...

• Like 1

Seems strange to me that they wouldn't come out and say "they are Grove Street". -_-

It's implied by the green apparel, but then again Grove Street was a set of a larger gang, so this might just be another set.

It could be a follower of Grove St. Maybe they all got taken out & someone formed a new gang to take Grove St.'s place but also has a different name, or it could kinda be like a new start for the gang to help them increase in power, strength, & numbers.

Seems strange to me that they wouldn't come out and say "they are Grove Street". -_-

It's implied by the green apparel, but then again Grove Street was a set of a larger gang, so this might just be another set.

it could be one of the other sets like seville blvd families, or temple drive.

^^^

In GameInformer's preview article. Click the link and scroll down a little, it's on the left in a rectangle.

http://www.gameinfor...eft-auto-v.aspx

Gangland

San Andreas fans look back fondly at the gang wars between the Ballas, Grove Street Families, and Vagos. Though modern day Los Santos is very different from the golden era of street gangs featured in that game, Rockstar has confirmed that the Ballas are still going strong.

When you ride into gang territory, they don't automatically attack you like they used to. The thugs mind their own business unless you antagonize them by drawing a weapon. Their extreme distaste for authority, however, is much more apparent. Whenever the police roll into their neighborhood, the Ballas will open fire on the boys in blue. This can be used to your advantage when you're trying to lose the heat in a chase. Drive into gang territory and they will immediately attack the police, giving you a window to escape.

^^^

In GameInformer's preview article. Click the link and scroll down a little, it's on the left in a rectangle.

http://www.gameinfor...eft-auto-v.aspx

Gangland

San Andreas fans look back fondly at the gang wars between the Ballas, Grove Street Families, and Vagos. Though modern day Los Santos is very different from the golden era of street gangs featured in that game, Rockstar has confirmed that the Ballas are still going strong.

When you ride into gang territory, they don't automatically attack you like they used to. The thugs mind their own business unless you antagonize them by drawing a weapon. Their extreme distaste for authority, however, is much more apparent. Whenever the police roll into their neighborhood, the Ballas will open fire on the boys in blue. This can be used to your advantage when you're trying to lose the heat in a chase. Drive into gang territory and they will immediately attack the police, giving you a window to escape.

Rockstar is smart for that, pretty realistic. But I still hope they attack you automatically if its someone you've gotten in a fight or shootout with, or if you have history against a close friend/family member of theirs. And that every character has a name and identity sort of like RDR. When you become of the lowest honor on RDR, sometimes a guy would come up to you challenging you to a draw because you killed his brother, they can put the same thing in V but instead with fighting or shooting. I could imagine Franklin on the in game version of Slauson and a Balla jumps out his car like "thas that bitch nigga that killt ma homie".. Then the rest is whatever the player makes it to be.

^^^ You're right. If I'm constantly doing drive-bys Ballas, after a while I'd expect them react some kinda way when I roll through their hood.

I'd also like the honor system to come back.

• Like 1