No one seems to remember how the grove street families would throw up blood signs at times. The Ballas would throw up crip signs. Check it for yourself.

• Like 2

Yea...Grove street is not based on bloods at all, they're based on crips since they're in Ganton (compton). Compton is traditionally crip territory. The ballas in the game had idlewood (inglewood). Inglewood is tradtionally blood. So that covers that and in san andreas vagos were MS13/18th street, varrios los aztecas were surenos, and san fierro rifa were based on nortenos

And I'm kinda happy that the ballas don't shoot at you everytime u see them, annoying as fuck when they shoot out my tires, it would make sense that they would make them more tame, gang banging started to die after the riots and the truces between sets/gangs

I always thought Grove Street Families were more like Bloods, and the Ballas were like the Crips. Since the ratio of Bloods to Crips is like 1:5, and the Ballas definitely outnumbered Grove Street 5 to 1 at the beginning of GTA San Andreas. Plus the Ballas gang colour purple is closer to Blue ( IE Crips ) then Grove Street's Green is.

They're based loosely off both Bloods and Crips. As for the colors, Ballas wear purple which is closer to blue, but their name starts with "B" and Grove St puts BK. Green is worn by Pirus and Crips (more Crips wear green than purple in compton/gardena/watts..), CJ will say "Cuz" every once in a while (even though he means it as "family" or "relative"). Grove St has a OG Loc (Crip name) and Temple Drive can be based off Atlantic Drive Compton Crips. They have Ryder who is based off Eazy E (from Kelly Parc CC who wears Blue and Green).

• Like 1

Must have been a glitch for me. I would take pics of every gang and they will all throw up B. but I still think they're loosely based off both gangs..

It always bothered me that I could never make CJ look as cool as that shirtless Vago. Fingers crossed for better tattoos (that cover a larger area) in V.

The Vagos were, by far, my favorite gang.

It always bothered me that I could never make CJ look as cool as that shirtless Vago. Fingers crossed for better tattoos (that cover a larger area) in V.

I agree, I liked them and the Azteca's. I really wanted CJ to look like a gangbanger. But the way the clothes and tattoos were, just made him look like an idiot. I'm hoping for sleeves and like you said large area tattoos (would look good on Trevor's crazy ass, like really, on his actually ass)

Wow, I never noticed the full-torso Jesus tattoo.

I'm going to get a large-scale fistfight between Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, and Moses across Trevor's torso. Jesus will be delivering a flying dropkick to Moses, who is preparing to smash a steel chair into Buddha's skull. I'm thinking of putting the whole event in a submarine that uses Trevor's nipples for portholes.

or better yet place able tattoos, meaning you can put them wherever you want, and have multiple on the same body part.

or better yet place able tattoos, meaning you can put them wherever you want, and have multiple on the same body part.

If that turns out to be the case, I'm gonna have the Three Stooges all peering into Michael's bellybutton.

• Like 1

If that turns out to be the case, I'm gonna have the Three Stooges all peering into Michael's bellybutton.

Love that idea but I think I'd do dumb stuff like that with Trevor.. Idk Michael doesn't even seem like a character who would even want a tat. He seems way too professional for ink.. May have to tattoo his entire torso anyway hah Father and son tats would be great fun :)

Speaking of tattoos (not off topic, tattoos relate to gangs), I wonder if the number/location of tattoos on your character will interfere with heists? Suppose people recognize you from your tats?

Speaking of tattoos (not off topic, tattoos relate to gangs), I wonder if the number/location of tattoos on your character will interfere with heists? Suppose people recognize you from your tats?

That's a valiant point. Who knows how far R* is gonna take the whole investigation thing in GTA V. I feel like maybe that would fall in with what type of clothes you wear on heists( hairstyles, tattoos, etc..) I'm really curious as to where they will go with that though but it really seems like they've learned a lot from all of their previous releases. I would like for them to include that much realism but it wouldn't break my heart without it. I've been sold with this game for A LONG time now.. (Y)

I always thought Grove Street Families were more like Bloods, and the Ballas were like the Crips. Since the ratio of Bloods to Crips is like 1:5, and the Ballas definitely outnumbered Grove Street 5 to 1 at the beginning of GTA San Andreas. Plus the Ballas gang colour purple is closer to Blue ( IE Crips ) then Grove Street's Green is.

They're based loosely off both Bloods and Crips. As for the colors, Ballas wear purple which is closer to blue, but their name starts with "B" and Grove St puts BK. Green is worn by Pirus and Crips (more Crips wear green than purple in compton/gardena/watts..), CJ will say "Cuz" every once in a while (even though he means it as "family" or "relative"). Grove St has a OG Loc (Crip name) and Temple Drive can be based off Atlantic Drive Compton Crips. They have Ryder who is based off Eazy E (from Kelly Parc CC who wears Blue and Green).

What about B-Dup? He was a Grove Street Families Member back in the day in GTA SA. And he was voiced by rapper "The Game" who is a former member of the Bloods......

I agree, I liked them and the Azteca's. I really wanted CJ to look like a gangbanger. But the way the clothes and tattoos were, just made him look like an idiot. I'm hoping for sleeves and like you said large area tattoos (would look good on Trevor's crazy ass, like really, on his actually ass)

Same, hopefully there are more varied tattoos for all three characters, including more "Gangsta" ones for Franklin, interesting ones for Michael, and crazy ones for Trevor. I hope the clothing better reflects all three characters as well, but at the same time giving the player plenty of options to tailor each character to their playstyle.

Isn't Grove St. Crips? In South Los Angeles there is a Crip set called Rollin 60's. They have a hood somewhere called OverHills so in GTA V they might have just named it Killer Hills... I don't know.

No.

Nope. They are based on Tree-Top Piru.

Plus, with Rockstar saying that the Ballas will not open fire on you or even fight you unless they are aggravated is somewhat gay. It's just like in IV and EFLC. I could play as Johnny, walk right up to the AOD clubhouse with members outside and not a damn thing would happen. Shit they might as well make it were the Ballas give you a hug when you pass them.

Lol. I hope they change this *makes a serious face*

Hopefully they still remain hostile to you, just don't start shooting until you aggravate them.

Balla: "Yo what set you from?!"

CJ: "GROVE-ST BITCH!" *bang bang!

or

Balla: "You Famlies?! nigguh?!"

CJ: "Nah man imma nobody"

Balla: "Fuck off then!! Buster!!"

Loved the left-right pad conversations :D

All gangs in GTA SA will throw up the "B",, and that pic of the Balla throwing up "Crip" looks edited.

mqdefault.jpgballas_01.jpg

vagos6pj.jpgaztecas7hl.jpg

I definitely don't remember individual gang signs on the ps2 version. Every one threw up OGF. I always thought the Families were originally Orange Grove Families, which Sweet started in the 80's?

Isn't Grove St. Crips? In South Los Angeles there is a Crip set called Rollin 60's. They have a hood somewhere called OverHills so in GTA V they might have just named it Killer Hills... I don't know.

No.

Nope. They are based on Tree-Top Piru.

Plus, with Rockstar saying that the Ballas will not open fire on you or even fight you unless they are aggravated is somewhat gay. It's just like in IV and EFLC. I could play as Johnny, walk right up to the AOD clubhouse with members outside and not a damn thing would happen. Shit they might as well make it were the Ballas give you a hug when you pass them.

Lol. I hope they change this *makes a serious face*

Hopefully they still remain hostile to you, just don't start shooting until you aggravate them.

Balla: "Yo what set you from?!"

CJ: "GROVE-ST BITCH!" *bang bang!

or

Balla: "You Famlies?! nigguh?!"

CJ: "Nah man imma nobody"

Balla: "Fuck off then!! Buster!!"

Loved the left-right pad conversations :D

All gangs in GTA SA will throw up the "B",, and that pic of the Balla throwing up "Crip" looks edited.

mqdefault.jpgballas_01.jpg

vagos6pj.jpgaztecas7hl.jpg

I definitely don't remember individual gang signs on the ps2 version. Every one threw up OGF. I always thought the Families were originally Orange Grove Families, which Sweet started in the 80's?

They were originally going to be called Orange Grove Families and they're color was going to be Orange, but it was scrapped in early development an they changed the name to Grove Street Families. Just like with the Ballas, they were originally going to be called The Flats, but that was scrapped too.

Here's CJ in OGF clothing and his early beta version :

splash4.jpgCarl_Johnson.png

Well, as Grove street families gang is in this one I may try and fing OG Loc's grave so I can shit on it.

OG Loc never died.

It's possible that he died in the past 20 years of time that has elapsed since SA. But then again, SA is in a completely different universe, so any mention of OG Loc will most likely just be an easter egg, like a CD (like in IV)

• Like 1

Well, as Grove street families gang is in this one I may try and fing OG Loc's grave so I can shit on it.

OG Loc never died.

It's possible that he died in the past 20 years of time that has elapsed since SA. But then again, SA is in a completely different universe, so any mention of OG Loc will most likely just be an easter egg, like a CD (like in IV)

Not possible my friend, the GTA III era never happened, it was just a dream ;)

OG Loc never died.

i am kind of hoping for an easter egg of San Andreas. like maybe a CJ, sweet, smoke, or ryder grave., or something