Isn't Grove St. Crips? In South Los Angeles there is a Crip set called Rollin 60's. They have a hood somewhere called OverHills so in GTA V they might have just named it Killer Hills... I don't know.

No.

Nope. They are based on Tree-Top Piru.

Plus, with Rockstar saying that the Ballas will not open fire on you or even fight you unless they are aggravated is somewhat gay. It's just like in IV and EFLC. I could play as Johnny, walk right up to the AOD clubhouse with members outside and not a damn thing would happen. Shit they might as well make it were the Ballas give you a hug when you pass them.

Lol. I hope they change this *makes a serious face*

Yea...Grove street is not based on bloods at all, they're based on crips since they're in Ganton (compton). Compton is traditionally crip territory. The ballas in the game had idlewood (inglewood). Inglewood is tradtionally blood. So that covers that and in san andreas vagos were MS13/18th street, varrios los aztecas were surenos, and san fierro rifa were based on nortenos

And I'm kinda happy that the ballas don't shoot at you everytime u see them, annoying as fuck when they shoot out my tires, it would make sense that they would make them more tame, gang banging started to die after the riots and the truces between sets/gangs

Yea...Grove street is not based on bloods at all, they're based on crips since they're in Ganton (compton). Compton is traditionally crip territory. The ballas in the game had idlewood (inglewood). Inglewood is tradtionally blood. So that covers that and in san andreas vagos were MS13/18th street, varrios los aztecas were surenos, and san fierro rifa were based on nortenos

And I'm kinda happy that the ballas don't shoot at you everytime u see them, annoying as fuck when they shoot out my tires, it would make sense that they would make them more tame, gang banging started to die after the riots and the truces between sets/gangs

I always thought Grove Street Families were more like Bloods, and the Ballas were like the Crips. Since the ratio of Bloods to Crips is like 1:5, and the Ballas definitely outnumbered Grove Street 5 to 1 at the beginning of GTA San Andreas. Plus the Ballas gang colour purple is closer to Blue ( IE Crips ) then Grove Street's Green is.

Well purple is red and blue mixed so it could go either way, and the reason why there is more ballas is to make the game more difficult. Just so many things could tell u that grove street is crips, the character ryder who's based on the rapper eazy-e was a crip, a kelly park COMPTON crip.

Ganton = Compton

And c'mon ballas - bloods, that's too close to deny

And the character OG LOC was an associated wit grove, and in real life Loc means 'Love Of Crip' or Locc - 'Love Of Compton Crip'

I always thought Grove Street Families were more like Bloods, and the Ballas were like the Crips. Since the ratio of Bloods to Crips is like 1:5, and the Ballas definitely outnumbered Grove Street 5 to 1 at the beginning of GTA San Andreas. Plus the Ballas gang colour purple is closer to Blue ( IE Crips ) then Grove Street's Green is.

Well purple is red and blue mixed so it could go either way, and the reason why there is more ballas is to make the game more difficult. Just so many things could tell u that grove street is crips, the character ryder who's based on the rapper eazy-e was a crip, a kelly park COMPTON crip.

Ganton = Compton

And c'mon ballas - bloods, that's too close to deny

And the character OG LOC was an associated wit grove, and in real life Loc means 'Love Of Crip' or Locc - 'Love Of Compton Crip'

No. They were based on the Compton Piru's, Their are no Bloods in Compton. The Ballas were Crips. "Rollin Heights Ballas" ="Rollin 60's Crips" "Kilo Tray Ballas" = "8 Tray Crips" and "Front yard Ballas" = "Front Hood Compton Crips" ..... come on now. And then this.. "Grove Street Families" = "Lime Hood Piru" (which is in the exact area Grove Street is on the Map)

Ill try to find a map:

Okay here it is.... http://maps.google.c...12690f6dcf9e0f1 and here's info on the Lime Hood Piru: http://www.rapdict.org/Lime_Hood_Piru "Lime Hood Piru members are known to sport articles of clothing in green (to signify Lime Avenue; a residential street in the heart of their territory)" Hmmm sounds a lot like "Grove Street" the actual street I mean.. Right in the heart of their territory... Yep, that long road leading into a cul-de-sac.

Edited by Godfather

the Ballas gang colour purple is closer to Blue ( IE Crips ) then Grove Street's Green is.

blue + yellow = green

blue + red = purple

So actually green is closer to blue, since purple is also made of red (bloods)

Dogg no, grove street is based on spruce street in compton, look it up on the map, cul de sac and everything

Idk if ur saying tree top pirus are grove cus they wear dark green but they are also known to wear burgundy too

Dogg no, grove street is based on spruce street in compton, look it up on the map, cul de sac and everything

Idk if ur saying tree top pirus are grove cus they wear dark green but they are also known to wear burgundy too

Well they can't be because The Families are based on Piru's... And so what, their are 100 cul-de-sac's in Compton, that doesn't mean Grove Street is based on them... everyone knows GTA maps arn't exact replicas.

If u say so

@marcus lmao that qoute made my morning

"English motherfucker, do u speak it?"

the Ballas gang colour purple is closer to Blue ( IE Crips ) then Grove Street's Green is.

blue + yellow = green

blue + red = purple

So actually green is closer to blue, since purple is also made of red (bloods)

Either way the out numbered Grove Street Families Sets are more like Bloods, and the Ballas with the majority of territory and the larger number of sets are more like the Crips. And this mirrors how it was in reality as well, with the Crips being the major Black gang in L.A. during the 1970's and 80's. And the Bloods being born out of smaller rival sets trying to band together to fight and survive against the massive numbers of the Crip Gangs. Who were kicking ass all over South-Central L.A.

The Blood and Piru Sets have always been the underdogs in L.A. ( and even more so today with the dominance of Hispanic gangs ).

Gentlemen, gentlemen....look here.

This is an image of a Lime Hood Piru on his turf.

samp002sf.png

And this is a screenshot of the Grove Street Families

25oz8s0.jpg

Using deductive reasoning I have come to the conclusion that based on the similarities of the images, the Grove Street Families are definitely based on the Lime Hood Piru.

Let's reminisce for a sec, remember the seville blvd grove set? They are actually based on pirus because pirus were crips that split, even tho grove street and seville blvd get back together in the end, the piru-crip thing was the backstory for that

Let's reminisce for a sec, remember the seville blvd grove set? They are actually based on pirus because pirus were crips that split, even tho grove street and seville blvd get back together in the end, the piru-crip thing was the backstory for that

That make's no sense... You mean to tell me they were Ballas for a little while? That's pretty much what you are saying. And it's Seville Blvd FAMILIES, not Grove. They split because of a disagreement but they never changed gangs. They were now enemies and at war. Kinda like in real life, Most Crips are killed... by other Crips, it's the same with Blood/Pirus.

Did u really put a pic of the game and try to pass it off as lime crap? C'mon now I'm stating fcts, put a poll up and let the people decide

Listen R* didn't str8 up try to make it obvious, look up your history and connect the dots

*Cheezus does it really matter? I doubt R* based The Families on any one particular gang, but rather '90s gangs as a whole. That's what R* does. They take inspiration from several sources and mix them together with their original ideas to make it new and unique.

So in other words; You're all right.

Did u really put a pic of the game and try to pass it off as lime crap? C'mon now I'm stating fcts, put a poll up and let the people decide

Listen R* didn't str8 up try to make it obvious, look up your history and connect the dots

It was a joke Tanner did, the pic was on google... they didn't have any real pics of the Lime Hood piru, just fake ones

• Like 1

So in other words; You're all right.

Not to mention, all wrong. Cheez is spot-on, both gangs are mashups of various facts and fictions, there are no 1:1 correlations to be made.

Try to move on, gentlemen.

Massacre is a wise man.

Gentlemen, gentlemen....look here.

This is an image of a Lime Hood Piru on his turf.

samp002sf.png

And this is a screenshot of the Grove Street Families

25oz8s0.jpg

Using deductive reasoning I have come to the conclusion that based on the similarities of the images, the Grove Street Families are definitely based on the Lime Hood Piru.

Jesus, looking at screenshots of V made me forget how terribly GTA ages graphics-wise.