Well from the looks of this Franklin trailer, Grove street is still alive.

Yea, I kinda brushed it off before but now I'm convinced.

At 2:22 there's a poster on the door saying 'we run Los Santos' with a picture of a neighbourhood. I believe the gang could be Grove Street, due to the fact throughout Franklin's trailer there are a lot of his friends wearing green. However the gang might simply be green, but called something else since SA and V are in different universes.

I also wondered about "the hills" and "killer hills" with it being above that Grove graffiti, maybe a new gang? I dunno, I'm happy as to see some GREEN AND PURPLE in the streets of Los Santos

The "GROVE" graffiti may just be a nostalgic nod to the bygone days of SA, as the graffiti mentioning old/dead protagonists was in GTA IV.

• Like 1

The "GROVE" graffiti may just be a nostalgic nod to the bygone days of SA, as the graffiti mentioning old/dead protagonists was in GTA IV.

Possibly, but a lot of Franklin's friends wear green. So there's definitely a 'green' gang, but there's no telling if it's GSF or a completely separate gang that's just green for nostalgic purposes.

I think I've mentioned it here before, or it might have been on the old forums, but the Families (Grove Street was just one set, the gang as a whole wasn't called Grove Street) were more like a brand (Cluckin' Bell, Sprunk, etc.) than a character or anything else that couldn't appear in the new games, so they could potentially return.

• Like 1

Very true, either way, little reminders of GSF or the return of GSF is highly welcomed lol. Flippin' off Balla's sounds fun :jumpy:

I think I've mentioned it here before, or it might have been on the old forums, but the Families (Grove Street was just one set, the gang as a whole wasn't called Grove Street) were more like a brand (Cluckin' Bell, Sprunk, etc.) than a character or anything else that couldn't appear in the new games, so they could potentially return.

Awesome point, very valid, I didn't think of it like that lol

it could be one of the other families sets. like Seville boulevard families or Temple Drive. there is always that possibility. or a whole other set. it would be nice if it was grove though just for nostalgia sake.

At 2:22 there's a poster on the door saying 'we run Los Santos' with a picture of a neighbourhood

The poster at the end of Franklin's trailer is a shoe print, and there' a Pro-Laps logo in the bottom right corner.

I know this is a thread about gangs and i'm going to talk about that in a min. But the advertising in this game from what i've seen is amazing, the Pro-lap poster is great proof. So is Lamar's green "LS" hat and also in one scene Franklin is wearing what looks to be a "LS King's (or Queens?)" t-shirt, which is the GTA counterpart to the NHL team the Los Angeles Kings. The advertising clothing and sports clothing is being greatly used as gang wear in modern day Los Santos just like in LA. "The Hills" and "killer hills" makes me wonder though. Is it a gang's name? Does it sound "hood" enough? I think maybe, The Ballas were going to be originally named "The Flats" Here's hoping their is more then 4 street gangs in LS this time, We have seen possibly two.

Check out the graffiti on the left. Thoughts?

9k3s5x.jpg

That might say grove at the bottom but looks more like "srove".

The Hills could be a reference to the Green Gang's ( and Franklin's ) home town.

So possibly a new Suburb in South East L.A.

I wonder what the 213 stands for (maybe East Beach since that's Long Beach's area code.

But the area definitely has to be S.E LA. And the first thing I think of on "The Hills" is Hillside 13 (who was on Training Day), but it might be their gang.

Lamar is married o.O

No, the guy with tats is standing in front of the last letter

It is so obviously Grover from the Sesame St Crew - the 213 is because the Count got too stoned to count

Thugs wearing purple..

2afe812a-72d4-4a6c-aaa7-8d66aef72581_zpsf5c51388.jpg

d00bed0c-2f90-4f03-99f7-c0453871849a_zps94166f4a.jpg

The guy laying down in the back has a purple shirt and the guy getting shot has purple shoes..

22f17413-2666-4a22-adc2-75bc831d185e_zps4d599792.jpg

2faa5ea9-902f-4fc5-91d6-4359d1e818e5_zps8cd56fdf.jpg

e7546a84-8c8c-4652-982b-09405b0a32df_zpsd2150288.jpg

I wonder what the 213 stands for (maybe East Beach since that's Long Beach's area code.

But the area definitely has to be S.E LA. And the first thing I think of on "The Hills" is Hillside 13 (who was on Training Day), but it might be their gang.

Lamar is married o.O

Maybe it's a reference to Cypress Hill, they have an old track called 'Killa Hill Niggas'.

• Like 1