Hey guys im new but im keen to know any info on whether theres any ghettos(maybe not going as far as some of the ideas above) and gangs as i like it when they are in the game because they are always keen for a gunfight or scrap whenever i went to holland on gtaiv and baller turf on san andreas, its far better than just fighting with the cops or civilians who run away, what do you guys think?

Hey guys im new but im keen to know any info on whether theres any ghettos(maybe not going as far as some of the ideas above) and gangs as i like it when they are in the game because they are always keen for a gunfight or scrap whenever i went to holland on gtaiv and baller turf on san andreas, its far better than just fighting with the cops or civilians who run away, what do you guys think?

Come now, it's Los Angeles. Of course there'll be ghettos and gangs. To quench your thirst for a firefight, fuck with the Russian Mafia in Hove Beach.

Fullstops motherfucker, use them.

But yes, there are ghettos. Firstly, you could clearly see them in the trailer. Secondly, LS is basically LA, including all the notable features from LA, such as ghettos.

I think there will be gangs outside of Los Santos as well, I'm a big fan of Sons Of Anarchy and would love to see a biker gang as well as some form of backwater, hillbilly meth labs :P

Hells Angels are from LA. Hell, basically every gang has history in California. And some form of meth is almost definitely in the game, revealed by Trevor himself when he talks about how all the 'crank' (meth) goes through him for redistribution in the area. And he seems like the type of guy to have loads of inbred hill-billy 'MURICA type friends.

I hope within the next week we find out rather grove street is there or not.. i really think franklin is one.. but they may have it as just Families and Ballas, like "Neighborhood Ballas (Neighborhood Rollin 20s Bloods), Neighborhood Families (like Rollin 60 Crips or any of the other various NH Crips), Gangsta Families (like Gangsta Crips, Neighborhood crips biggest enemy of all), Ganton Families (like Compton Crip, Grove street being a set of this), some type of Hoover and Piru gang (none in SA).

But its obvious however they do it, they will do it right.

Didn't you watch the trailer? Franklin clearly say's hes NOT happy with that lifestyle. This indicates he probably was part of it at one time, but during the time of V he might be out, or on his way out.

Didn't you watch the trailer? Franklin clearly say's hes NOT happy with that lifestyle. This indicates he probably was part of it at one time, but during the time of V he might be out, or on his way out.

that doesnt mean he isnt one.. once you a gang member for one day, you a gang member for the rest of your life.. plus they say how his friends get him into trouble (like a bad influence, sounds like hes still bangin to me), plus i know plenty of gang members that dont like being part of the gang, but its for life

that doesnt mean he isnt one.. once you a gang member for one day, you a gang member for the rest of your life.. plus they say how his friends get him into trouble (like a bad influence, sounds like hes still bangin to me), plus i know plenty of gang members that dont like being part of the gang, but its for life

Sorry, I forgot how you grew up the hard life in the ghetto with all your gangster friends #thuglife #yoloswag

Franklin is already showing how he regrets his choices, so perhaps his story will focus on him at least trying to get out of a gang.

• Like 2

once you a gang member for one day, you a gang member for the rest of your life..

Well, if Franklin is a gang member, I certainly hope he wouldn't believe that. We've already had one black protagonist who was a huge pussy, I'd like to see Franklin make up for it.

• Like 3

once you a gang member for one day, you a gang member for the rest of your life..

Well, if Franklin is a gang member, I certainly hope he wouldn't believe that. We've already had one black protagonist who was a huge pussy, I'd like to see Franklin make up for it.

its not something to believe.. its just a fact.. he doesnt have to be active in the gang if he dont want to, but he will always will be a part of the gang... like cj saying "i havnt repped grove in 5 years", that stuff dont matter and imo gta5 will be much better if you have one charactor as an active gang member, would put a whole new prospective on the game..

• Like 1

its not something to believe.. its just a fact.. he doesnt have to be active in the gang if he dont want to, but he will always will be a part of the gang... like cj saying "i havnt repped grove in 5 years", that stuff dont matter and imo gta5 will be much better if you have one charactor as an active gang member, would put a whole new prospective on the game..

Idk what the fuck your talkin about man?! "a new perspective." We've already been there and done that shit..

Side Note: learn how to fuckin spell..

Idk what the fuck your talkin about man?! "a new perspective." We've already been there and done that shit..

i know how to spell lol plus i have spell check so i know i spell words wrong but its the fuckin INTERNET who cares? you? brian? sorry i didnt know.. u know what words i was tryna say!!

and i meant that in a different way.. if gta5 has no gang member as a main character, then it would still be awesome, but they can put so many new things in the gang life than ever before with this one.. thats what i really meant..

i know how to spell lol plus i have spell check so i know i spell words wrong but its the fuckin INTERNET who cares? you? brian? sorry i didnt know.. u know what words i was tryna say!!

and i meant that in a different way.. if gta5 has no gang member as a main character, then it would still be awesome, but they can put so many new things in the gang life than ever before with this one.. thats what i really meant..

You should care you fucking dumbass it makes people actually consider your opinions. If I see an opinion no matter how well thought out, I'm still going to think you're a fucking dumbass and dismiss it.

Fucking thank you, I'm so tired of everybody think CJ is a badass gang member but he fucking ran away from Los Santos and went to Liberty City.

• Like 2

CJ was a badass gang member, i mean yeah he ran off but thats because he was smart enough to try and escape the streets, but at the same time dumb enough to get caught back in.. he single handedly took over the whole east LS!

nd okay, ill take your word for that one,, ill post like a "normal" person for now on.. really big deal

*whole of SA

He escaped his family when they needed him. = Coward.

That is correct GunSmith117, I've never said that he wasn't a coward. But at least at the end he gained Sweet's respect back by putting his life on the line and shooting through a building of hundreds of well skilled shooters, and Sweet was the one alive that mattered the most.

Despite the beginning of SA was highly gang-oriented, as you progressed 'gang life' got significantly less and less important, especially out of LS. Straight when Sweet gets out of prison, he's ready to go back to Grove Street .CJ on the other hand wanted to go do some other shit in SF or LV and leave his gang behind.

It would not surprise me if gangs played a slight role in this game. Gangs are a big player in LA so Rockstar most likely has them play a role, albeit a small one. Since the overall goal is to in a sense make money, maybe you can use gangs as a source of income. Maybe as Trevor you can supply them with meth to sell if they give you a cut. Or as Franklin you can have them make a distraction so you can repo someone's car. Or maybe even as Trevor you can simply rid of an entire gang so as to take their money, and more importantly, drugs to make money.

I agree, having L.A.'s Street Gangs play same sort of role in the game is realistic, since gangs feature prominantly in the real L.A.

Plus it would also add a bit more depth, gameplay wise too the game.

For example having missions involving different Sets in some way, or having gang members spawn in certain areas of Los Santos. With the Gang Members being more heavily armed and armoured than regular civilians, and also dropping more cash ( like the drug dealers did in SA ). Also if you attack them you do not recieve a wanted level from the LSPD.

Rockstar doesn't have to bring back full blown Gang Wars for GTA V to incorporate Street Gangs in some minor way.

Whether you like it or not I think Rockstar will be putting gangs into certain areas of Los Santos, and I for one would enjoy their inclusion in GTA V.

• Like 2

I agree, having L.A.'s Street Gangs play same sort of role in the game is realistic, since gangs feature prominantly in the real L.A.

Plus it would also add a bit more depth, gameplay wise too the game. I.E. Having missions involving different Sets in some way, or having gang members spawn in certain areas of Los Santos. With the Gang Members being more heavily armed and armoured than regular civilians, and also dropping more cash ( like the drug dealers did in SA ). Rockstar doesn't have to bring back full blown Gang Wars for GTA V to incorporate Street Gangs in some minor way.

Whether you like it or not I think Rockstar will be putting gangs into certain areas of Los Santos, and I for one would enjoy their inclusion in GTA V.

Exactly, great post