Guest Marney1

Post a picture you have taken

Really gorgeous shots, might have to steal a few of those for desktop backgrounds. Do you have a macro lens, Gunny? I'd love both a macro and a telephoto for my camera. (...then I could get a decent shot of that friggin eagle in its nest...)

Really gorgeous shots, might have to steal a few of those for desktop backgrounds. Do you have a macro lens, Gunny? I'd love both a macro and a telephoto for my camera. (...then I could get a decent shot of that friggin eagle in its nest...)

Thank you very much, feel free to drop them onto your desktop. :D Since I don't have the brain for a DSLR, I have to settle for the next best replacement for a proper macro lens; magnifying lens rings that screw onto your objective. I found one of these sets for cheap locally: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=855634&gclid=CPm-udmiq8YCFQ-PaQodciEGHQ&is=REG&m=Y&A=details&Q=

There might be a similar gadget for zoom, try looking for "telephoto lens adapter [your lens diameter in mm]" on Google.

Also, thank you, bOnEs. :blush: Brian might have some skill, I just have a camera that does a nice job.

• Like 1

(Pardon the shitty phone pics) We found a crippled bird on the side of the road, stunned and frozen on the white line. I guess he flew into a windshield.

abxJTw1.jpg

FBI3rfB.jpg

Brought him home, gave him some water, and he was flying again after an hour's rest.

YSTl3kC.jpg

mIf6jH8.jpg

Anybody know what he is? He had a beautiful, brilliant splash of red on his breast, haven't yet seen another bird that matches.

EDIT: Also, this majestic lady got very close to me a couple days ago. No fear.

yByFIOd.jpg

• Like 1

By that distinctive electric orange colour, I'd guess it's an oriole, and since its head is still on the speckled side, it looks like a juvenile one, probably not long out of the nest and still trying to figure out how to survive. Nice shots.

Haven't posted any for a while so here's a few of my latest...

19207906616_d97654c8bd_c.jpg

Preston skyline by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19233886165_29377390e2_c.jpgPreston Docks & Marina by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19228418762_9d0f075970_c.jpgFormer East Lancs Railway bridge by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19234373075_d40038362b_c.jpgRiver Ribble by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19234475925_28aef0a80e_c.jpgAvenham Park by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19208296076_09ecd14d01_c.jpgFormer East Lancs Railway bridge by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19046437308_1c06e6ccf4_c.jpgPoppy by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

18936724628_8183e0c9f5_c.jpgLancaster Canal by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

• Like 4

Our forum has an international community. We get to see some pretty amazing shots from backyards all over the world. Let's please get back to the topic.

11701056_966510880066285_504064510224355 11745446_966510963399610_667926712436840

coconuts & banana trees. I didn't take enough pictures in florida. on my last night, we lit Chinese paper lanterns and sent them off, but those pictures came out blurry.

• Like 3

Achieved a "lifetime" ambition last weekend to see someone slammed through a table by Team 3D (aka The Dudley Boyz)!

19643653201_60d619708b_c.jpgPreston Armed Forces Day 2015 - Preston City Wrestling by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19452639699_fb6d40febf_c.jpgPreston Armed Forces Day 2015 - Preston City Wrestling by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19613725436_6d474258ee_c.jpgPreston Armed Forces Day 2015 - Preston City Wrestling by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

19638622531_fe55d50d47_c.jpgPreston Armed Forces Day 2015 - Preston City Wrestling by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

Oh and I realise the pics aren't perfect - my position in the crowd wasn't exactly perfect with a number of people in front of me (had to hold the camera above my head!)

And here's a tank for good measure too....

19452022400_cfbe144ff9_c.jpgPreston Armed Forces Day 2015 by Shabbagaz, on Flickr

• Like 3

Everyone is standing there with their arms folded, sporting a thousand yard stare.

You Brits really don't get excited for anything but soccer, do you?

Ha ha, well noted!  Although it's 'football' not 'soccer'!  ;)

Football players and soccer players should fight for the name. You guys can use rugby players, so it's almost fair for you.

Note that I don't like either game, and have no personal stake in it.

Massacre, I don't understand why you hate sports so much..... Not everyone can run 30 yards in 4 seconds, jump four feet in the air with prefect timing to pluck a ball out of the air while another person tries to knock it away.

It takes serious talent. Your being a QD.