It is kind of strange though that the cops don't give a shit if you run a red light, speed or hit other cars but accidentally graze their car and the city is on you like white on rice.

that's just R* logic, it always has been so why change now.

but still, it would be interesting to get pulled over

I think the weapon wheel and the D pad systems are good in their own ways. each can be greatly improved upon from other R* games, but they could also learn a few things from other games as well. If they bring back the weapon wheel from RDR, they could use a system like Army of Two-40th day weapon wheel, were the suppressor- scope option was just a button away, The place where the custom guns section is could be replaced with a specials area, or ammunition types. the weapon wheel makes the most sense to me, but I also want to keep the trademark gun up in the top right hand corner, just to give that authentic GTA feeling.

• Like 1

How realistic should GTAV be?? After killing a few cops and getting a few stars, I want a S.W.A.T. team to kick down my door and pull me off of my Xbox, but not before tazering me and letting their police dog rip my arm off.

• Like 1

How realistic should GTAV be?? After killing a few cops and getting a few stars, I want a S.W.A.T. team to kick down my door and pull me off of my Xbox, but not before tazering me and letting their police dog rip my arm off.

That's an ad right there!

I'd rather the police response is proportional to what I'm doing, if I shove a granny over the cop will shout and possibly shove me, what happens next is dependent on how I respond (do nothing and get a ticket, shove him and get arrested), or if I wander up to a group of pensioners and start hacking at them with a samurai sword the cop will draw down and start shooting at me like I'm one of any number of minorities

• Like 2

I'd rather the police response is proportional to what I'm doing, if I shove a granny over the cop will shout and possibly shove me, what happens next is dependent on how I respond (do nothing and get a ticket, shove him and get arrested), or if I wander up to a group of pensioners and start hacking at them with a samurai sword the cop will draw down and start shooting at me like I'm one of any number of minorities

Totally agree with that, it's annoying when you graze a cop car and the cops shoot to kill

As for realism, I wanna be able to chop/hack/blow someones head/legs/arms/hands/feet off, and if I crash and roll my car at high speed, I'd wanna take some damage or even be killed

Yeah I liked watching cab drivers die from me ramming them head on, I wouldn't mind if I took some damage too. And as for scraping cop cars I don't mind getting a star for it, but I loved in SA when an npc did it and got the same punishment. In IV the jackasses did it all the time and never got the heat. Seeing mini crime movies play out on someone other than myself is always fun.

• Like 3

Speeding is just going too far... Sure it's fun the first few times, but after a while it would get really annoying.

I agree. Didn't one of those original Driver games have that feature? It got annoying real quick.

But as for realism, I certainly don't want every nit pickin little thing to piss off the cops while I'm in the middle of doing something; but I do expect the gameplay itself to have a some sort of logical realism to it.

As for realism, I wanna be able to chop/hack/blow someones head/legs/arms/hands/feet off, and if I crash and roll my car at high speed, I'd wanna take some damage or even be killed

Yeah I liked watching cab drivers die from me ramming them head on, I wouldn't mind if I took some damage too. And as for scraping cop cars I don't mind getting a star for it, but I loved in SA when an npc did it and got the same punishment. In IV the jackasses did it all the time and never got the heat. Seeing mini crime movies play out on someone other than myself is always fun.

Has made me think of something, if you're playing as Michael and you're driving around Trevor's home area, would you see Trevor going about his usual daily routine?

Didn't Midnight Club have that pullover scene. When you got pulled over, the cam shot would be from the police camera and the cop would be walking to your window and you could choose to either speed off or accept a ticket?

Has made me think of something, if you're playing as Michael and you're driving around Trevor's home area, would you see Trevor going about his usual daily routine?

Lol I hope so, that would be pretty sweet. Keep an eye out for burnt out trucks I guess.

Lol I hope so, that would be pretty sweet. Keep an eye out for burnt out trucks I guess.

Or just follow the speeding SWAT trucks?

• Like 1

I looked back at the screenshot of the cuban 800 at the coast.

And i saw a police chase at the bottom right corner.

Maybe this is from a mision or you'r not the only one that gets a 3 star wanted level in this state

PS

Why does almost all weapons we have seen have a green color

post-12272-0-07604900-1370002876_thumb.j

Maybe they're using the green colour as a bog standard default finish? I'm kinda hoping we'll be able to put different finishes on our weapons, such as Nickle, Chrome, RealTree, etc.

• Like 1

I looked back at the screenshot of the cuban 800 at the coast.

And i saw a police chase at the bottom right corner.

Maybe this is from a mision or you'r not the only one that gets a 3 star wanted level in this state

PS

Nice. Hadn't seen that. I have a dumb question here about that picture. I'm quite curious why in the blue hell is that one police car driving down the middle of a plowed field.

well the answer is obvious Niko was tired of being a criminal and wanted to go legit, but he learned to love murdering peds so he joined the l.s.p.d. he is a great officer he was at the top of his class in police academy (Que Michael winslow ) except one thing he is drunk as fuck on Wednesdays. so he's driving in a field.

• Like 1

well the answer is obvious Niko was tired of being a criminal and wanted to go legit, but he learned to love murdering peds so he joined the l.s.p.d. he is a great officer he was at the top of his class in police academy (Que Michael winslow ) except one thing he is drunk as fuck on Wednesdays. so he's driving in a field.

I had flashbacks from GTA IV of a drunk Niko wailing "YYYELLLOOOW CAR!!!" at passing taxis. That fucking cracked me up.

• Like 1

I would have some respect for pedestrians if when I stick a gun in their face, instead of putting their hands up for two seconds and then jogging away, they gave up some money(possibly even jewelry/phone). In a shooting rampage some people should be smart and play dead, not crouch behind fire hydrants.

This is probably a big thing for most of us but remember: there's a lot of us, and the resources R* have can't go around meeting all of our wants. Everyone expects the game to be something significant although people have different opinions. We can all agree so far that some realism here or there would be great, whilst still keeping that crazy GTA feeling of random, do whatever you want style that we so love.

traffic/cars- I played SA and loved it. Didn't get IV, but watching reviews and gameplay, many people talked about "jelly like suspension". This will hopefully be fixed, as I did note a patriot flying through the air after running over a fallen pole. :0 I know it's irrelevant, and useless, but indicators- when, and we have all done it, actually drive carefully in GTA, the NPC's tempt us with their indicators. Just kind of frustrating but not a biggie. More cars, more extensive modding and garages for storing vehicles and loadouts of mods would be pretty realistic (similar to Mafia II).

A point that has been touched upon is speeding and reckless driving as well as one star wanted- like mafia II, 1 star should just be a ticket, and cops should be all over your ass should you be blurring past them or damaging city property; though they will only ticket you. Kinda brings back memories of ambulances in SA running over 10 people and destroying several lights just to perform CPR on a guy I just shot through the head.

Guns- I know realism is having max ammo oracle capacity of guns- but it's awesome walking around with 200 shots for an RPG and over 2000 bullets for a 9mm pistol. I don't want that to change and would not welcome the challenge of planning my armaments- although a guns storage at home (like the movie Mr. And Mrs. Smith has, teehee) would be Friken awesome- home customization anyone?

That's all for now, what are your opinions?

i was doing some beach offroading on iv the other day and i started thinking they really need to incorporate more suspension damage. like you do a jump you car should be riding a bit low and if you do alot you can be driving fast and a tie-rod snaps resulting in a 6 flip rollover obviously you could include heavy duty off road suspension to handle the abuse, it would be really useful in an offroad police chase.