Macavelli

Ghettos around L.S

I'm sure some, fewer or less of the missions in V will be "ghetto related". R* try to give a wide variety of missions to avoid repetition. We still don't definitively know who the protag is, but I doubt we'll be part of a gang. That doesn't mean a few of the mission can't involve helping a certain gang in some way to achieve a greater goal. I'm sure the second trailer will detail more of the characters and story, so we'll have to wait until then.

I'm sure some, fewer or less of the missions in V will be "ghetto related". R* try to give a wide variety of missions to avoid repetition. We still don't definitively know who the protag is, but I doubt we'll be part of a gang. That doesn't mean a few of the mission can't involve helping a certain gang in some way to achieve a greater goal. I'm sure the second trailer will detail more of the characters and story, so we'll have to wait until then.

Yeah, I agree with you on the fewer or less of the missions will be ghetto related, but I'm starting to think that the same guy parachuting above that river is the same guy hanging onto a truck. I think they have the same clothes, and by the looks of it, he seems like he's african-american. I don't know why are they showing him so much, and that makes me think. He could be our antagonist, who knows. But if our protag is Ned Luke like most of people here say, I think he was a part of a big serious mafia...well that's just me right ? :)

I like how you guys hate the idea of playing as a black or latino gang member, especially ViceMan " the honky hating machine " ( and that alot of other's agree judging by the likes his comment got ). I was just wondering whether you are one of the people that disliked San Andreas more than Vice City purely because of the protaganist being Black, and the concentration on "Black Music" in the game. I personally enjoyed the street aspect of San Andreas, and respected Rockstar's interesting approach to the idea.

And as for the theories on GTAV concentrating on organised crime completely, and forgetting the street gang aspects of LA entirely. To me this sounds very boring and a missed opurtunity on Rockstar's part to show LA in it's entirety. I mean come on you can't have an open world crime game in LA without Bloods, Crips and the Gang's with the Brown Flags. It would be interesting to show the Latino Gangs connection with the Prison Gang " LA EME " and how the Mexican Mafia is involved on the street side of things. Instead of the old Italian Mafia, Russian Mafia thing ( which were done to death in the last games ).

Just my opinion ( and yes I do think I'm Black because I like Rap Music ) ( Even though I'm White and live in Australia and should probably like "Soft Cock Rock" better ).

• Like 2

Guest Marney-1

I like how you guys hate the idea of playing as a black or latino gang member, especially ViceMan " the honky hating machine " ( and that alot of other's agree judging by the likes his comment got ).

It's only humour, a bit like you find in GTA games. You can't accept sick and racist humour in GTA and complain about the same thing on a GTA forum.

Marny- 1 I can accept the humour I've heard it all before. I'm just trying to present a fresh perspective. From what I've seen there seems to be alot of hate for San Andreas ( which is wierd on a GTA Forum/ or maybe not I'm new ). I understand it's just opinion and that others justifiably want a radically different game from San Andreas. I 100% agree, It would be boring if it was the same game. And I trust Rockstar will make a truly original feeling game ( just like all the other games they have made ).

Also there are two major differences between the sick racist humor in these games and on a forum. One this is real life and the opinions come from real people, and two GTA is a Satire on Society, and the jokes made in this parody serve a purpose of condemning rather than glorifying the subject matter ( even though this is sometimes hard to tell ). You can still enjoy it ( and I do ), but you still remember it's a game. If we accepted the violence portrayed in the game, there would be alot more mass murders in the countries that have these games. But we don't because most adults ( and even kids ) understand it's just a game and not to be re-enacted/copied. So if your assertion was that I am contradicting myself, I believe that is wrong. Just because I play a sometimes sick and racist game does not mean I myself am sick and racist. Even though I am, but everybody is aren't they?

Sorry for rambling I don't even really care. :whistle:

We don't hate San Andreas. We hate the CJ QDs that run around yelling how he is their God and no one can touch him (except for Cesar who gave him AIDS during a round of anal) and how he's the black guy in the trailer or how his son that was made up by other CJ fagboys is the black kid in the trailer/screens.

So we troll the CJ kiddies constantly. -_- Also, you're on the INTERNET and we all know how SERIOUS and "real" the INTERNET is. This place has the same humor as the games we talk about. Loosen up and take a load.

As for the ghettos in GTA V, I expect there to be a few both urban and rural.

• Like 1

@Treefitty I agree with you and BlackSox9 because you two are both right. That "black dude" in the trailers might be another "black dude", not CJ's son, cousin, grand kid or whatever. Maybe they are showing that black man because they are making the DLC along with the original story, so they can release all of it at once, and we fall on our asses.

I like how you guys hate the idea of playing as a black or latino gang member, especially ViceMan " the honky hating machine "

You do know Anti honky Machine is a song by Public Enemy, right? I listen to rap too. Matter of fact it's the genre I grew up listening to primarily.

Also, show me where I said I hated SA, it's one of my favourite games ever, but I know when to let go of it unlike the little CJ fanboys who pray every night that he's in GTA V. My problem is not with SA, it is with those people.

These ignorant people simply CAN'T understand that the GTA III era is gone. Dead. Vanished. The new GTA era has begun, with new characters, street names and such.

Of course R* won't ignore the Ghettos in LS in GTAV, but I don't expect it to dominate the story or the game. There will be missions that incorporate gangs from time to time I am sure. Also, R* like to give a little nod to previous GTAs in some way or another, so considering this GTA is set in some of the same places as SA, (although, different layout and size) that could be their way of showing it in a few missions.)

Also a Ghetto story DLC is probable in my opinion

There's no doubt in my mind that the ghetto's will be partly focused on, no matter what, it's LA. I'm still supporting the theory that we may have a couple or few charatcers from different backgrounds. Even if the ghetto and gangs are just a side thing in the main story, I'm sure DLC will focus on it afterwards. I'd imagine multiplayer will play a huge part in the ghetto theme :) Afterall you will be able to have your crew.

There's no doubt in my mind that the ghetto's will be partly focused on, no matter what, it's LA. I'm still supporting the theory that we may have a couple or few charatcers from different backgrounds. Even if the ghetto and gangs are just a side thing in the main story, I'm sure DLC will focus on it afterwards. I'd imagine multiplayer will play a huge part in the ghetto theme :) Afterall you will be able to have your crew.

That actually does sound rather possible, if this map is as big as everyone thinks, there are sure to be ghettos like South Central. A DLC revolving around it seems very likely as well. Good ideas.

I believe there will be a DLC focused on gangs. There are so many people that practically want an SA remake, and gangs were a huge part of SA. So a DLC would be perfect for that.

Marny- 1 I can accept the humour I've heard it all before. I'm just trying to present a fresh perspective. From what I've seen there seems to be alot of hate for San Andreas ( which is wierd on a GTA Forum/ or maybe not I'm new ). I understand it's just opinion and that others justifiably want a radically different game from San Andreas. I 100% agree, It would be boring if it was the same game. And I trust Rockstar will make a truly original feeling game ( just like all the other games they have made ).

Also there are two major differences between the sick racist humor in these games and on a forum. One this is real life and the opinions come from real people, and two GTA is a Satire on Society, and the jokes made in this parody serve a purpose of condemning rather than glorifying the subject matter ( even though this is sometimes hard to tell ). You can still enjoy it ( and I do ), but you still remember it's a game. If we accepted the violence portrayed in the game, there would be alot more mass murders in the countries that have these games. But we don't because most adults ( and even kids ) understand it's just a game and not to be re-enacted/copied. So if your assertion was that I am contradicting myself, I believe that is wrong. Just because I play a sometimes sick and racist game does not mean I myself am sick and racist. Even though I am, but everybody is aren't they?

Sorry for rambling I don't even really care. :whistle:

Thank you, you're the guy i have been waiting for but i would hope to be a hispanic rockstar havent really had any protags of that ethnicity and it would be interesting.

I want to see neo nazi gangs.. id love to stomp some racist dbfp... douche bag QD pants for those that dont know

I agree, gta-sanandreas was definately missing the racial tension associated with the riots...

I like how you guys hate the idea of playing as a black or latino gang member, especially ViceMan " the honky hating machine "

You do know Anti honky Machine is a song by Public Enemy, right? I listen to rap too. Matter of fact it's the genre I grew up listening to primarily.

Also, show me where I said I hated SA, it's one of my favourite games ever, but I know when to let go of it unlike the little CJ fanboys who pray every night that he's in GTA V. My problem is not with SA, it is with those people.

On the side here, how popular is rap in Blighty? Do you hear it from car stereos or the windows of flats frequently?

On the side here, how popular is rap in Blighty? Do you hear it from car stereos or the windows of flats frequently?

Oh god yes, if you call the talentless shite that's churned out nowadays rap, I however do not listen to that stuff.

• Like 3